Lady Gaga trieing to top U2 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you all.

:angry:

:love:

Records are made to be broken. Anyone who is anyone is going to try. Big effing deal.

This is U2's record, nobody else should even attempt to break it. If anyone dare attempt to break it they should be lit on fire immediately. There's no way in hell she can beat U2's massive 360 Tour and incredible stage and performances! Much less pull off 450 shows!

Willie Williams had it right when said only the Stones and (reunited) Pink Floyd might be able to top 360.

Willie Williams had it right when said only the Stones and (reunited) Pink Floyd might be able to top 360.

What about the resurrected Beatles? I think a seance would be effective at bringing Lennon and Harrison back for a concert.

Julian can fill in for John Lennon. Looks - and especially - sounds incredibly similar to his father.

As for Harrison...his son Dhani ? Eric Clapton maybe ?

I carnt stand gaga & really carn't Believe it would even attempt to break the record. It dosent have enough material, (isn't most of it's stuff just remixes?) I'm also of the Belief that it's fame is starting to wear out, it's a bit of a one trick pony as far as im concerned, rember this is just my opion. Good luck too it thought

I carnt stand gaga & really carn't Believe it would even attempt to break the record. It dosent have enough material, (isn't most of it's stuff just remixes?) I'm also of the Belief that it's fame is starting to wear out, it's a bit of a one trick pony as far as im concerned, rember this is just my opion. Good luck too it thought

:confused:

Dont-worry-Ringo-I-carnt-spel-ether-the-beatles-14209498-400-269.jpg

Personally i think Lady Gaga sucks. I like her message but to me her music all sounds the same.

I actually thought her popularity might have been fading a bit, but then again what do i really know. I don't pay any attention to "mainstream popular music" because to me, it sucks.

Doesn't Willie Williams work with her on tour? That could be a scheduling conflict if she is going to tour for 2 years, and then u2 (the2) decide to tour in 2013.

Yes, her popularity is fading.

Sure, she has more hits on the radio than U2 do right now(i.e. 2 instead of Zero), but in terms of drawing as a live act?

No way. She sold out 2 arena shows in Boston in July 2010 and then barely sold out one in March 2011. And even in 2010, her tour was nowhere near the level of a U2 arena tour in terms of number of shows and total attendance/revenue.

I mean, I'm not a fan, but neither show completely sucked(I work concert security in Boston), but there was a hell of a buzz around the 2010 shows that seemed to be almost completely gone by last March.

Gaga has never played stadiums, which is what you need to do in order to run up the massive numbers U2 did with 360. She can't play to 45-100K people every 3-5 nights, and she couldn't even match U2's arena numbers at her peak in 2010, so how could she possibly top 360? She would easily saturate every market if she tried to go for it in arenas and by the 4th or 5th show in the same city on the same tour, it would be 70% full.

Maybe if she has a few more successful albums and continued radio airplay she will have a shot at getting in the top 5 or 10 tours of all time, but she'll never top 360. That's crazy talk.

Right now, I don't even see her in the top 27:
List of highest-grossing concert tours - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To all the idiots that only attack peoples spelling GET A LIFE
It's probably cause I hate gaga & you losers don't, & in my wildest dreams don't see it toping u2's tour/record it may have a following but, be real about it it's star is starting to slip. How long can it last as a one trick pony, & I REALLY HOPE that's not CONFUSING to that other person?? I wish I released before what a Buch of nasty negative people post in here & I know I'm gonna get attacked again but I don't really care like I said your a bunch of losers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom