Inauguration Setlist Party - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok back to the setlist.

Pride has lost its spark now, its a shell of the song it once was. COBL missed the bridge which is my fav part.

I really liked Adam on the performances. He seems so happy and glad to be back on stage! And I want that bass! :drool:

The performance of Pride was like the ones on the vertigo tour, just not my thing.

COBL I still think was great, especially because it was played in the original key. :lol: I remember from last night my first reaction was, WTF WHY ARE THE KEYS SO HIGH? WHO'S FUCKING UP???? and then I realised that it wasn't just the keys, it was all instruments!
I hope they'll play it like this on the tour, the drums from the album version :up:, the original key, Adam being so happy clappy!

That was pretty good. Perfect for the occasion, U2 are sounding good, Adam was excellent, Larry plays the album version of COBL (wtf?), Edge is playing and singing as well as ever and Bono's still got the energy.

Best of all, it was quite clear that it wasn't entirely about U2, it was more about America and the president they elected. :up: :up:

What do you mean Larry was playing the album version?

What do you mean Larry was playing the album version?

Vertigo tour has (during the verse mainly) snare rolls without hitting the hats or the tambourine, whereas the album version of COBL drums is mostly hats / tambourine with snares interjected.

Personally I prefer the Vertigo version, but the album version's technically more difficult to play, and it sounded great.

Just watched it for the first time. After reading some bad comments in here I was expecting the worst. But I thought it was pretty good. Pride was as expected, a tired warhorse of a song, but probably fitting for the ocasion. COBL sounded a bit rusty but a no brainer inclusion. A good performance.

I watched it on TV yesterday since our television showed the whole concert. I admit I fell asleep from time to time since it was in the middle of the night. :wink:

I liked U2's performance, even though Pride wasn't so great, somehow they did better at the rehearsals. Bono's voice sounded a little strung out, he was really trying hard, but somehow couldn't pull it off, but he was passionate about it. COBL, on the other hand, was great, nice to see Obama's reaction.

Back
Top Bottom