How far have you traveled to see U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The most I've ever traveled is four hours, which isn't bad, considering I've traveled 15+ hours to see my other two favorite bands. If I'm still living in NY in the fall and do make it to the Chicago show(s), that will be my longest trip for U2.

Farthest I've traveled for a show was from here in NYC to Honolulu for the final Vertigo show (I think it was about ten hours flying plus two hours of connection layover). Have also traveled to Dublin and the UK for Popmart.

All in Vancouver: like 5 miles away :lol:

ZooTV: Vancouver 3 times
POPMART: Vancouver
Elevation: Vancouver
Vertigo twice: Vancouver

And of course the upcoming tour hopefully GA's again and they sell more than one night at BC Place.

Me and my bud were trying for Hawaii but we waited too long and they had that Marathon there and all the hotels were booked :doh:

But my real dream like many others is to go to Dublin.

San Diego, CA to Portland, OR... 928 miles... not a huge distance, but far enough when you have a fear of flying. :uhoh:
Hawaii got me over my 6-year avoidance of flying :D All you need is a big enough motivation. You can do iiit!

i drove about 8 miles from my house in auckland to a football stadium in auckland.

point of order - if they play the city i live in next year in the states, does that count as travel from auckland, or do i still not get much credit for my travels?

Hawaii got me over my 6-year avoidance of flying :D All you need is a big enough motivation. You can do iiit!

Oh yes, agreed, it was the only motivation that would do it, and I did do it :D (It had been 16 years for me since I'd flown before that :reject: )
I seriously considered driving but knew I'd never make it since I had to work until 11 pm the night before the show... believe me I was doing the math!

When I sat down on the plane that morning I was not doing so well, then a guy sat down in the seat behind me wearing a Vertigo Tour jacket, hat, and holding the Bono in Conversation book... the u2 vibe was on the plane and I felt much better somehow :)

Congrats on overcoming and going to Hawaii too :hi5:

Los Angeles To Vegas (POPMART and VERTIGO)

Los Angeles to Dublin (VERTIGO, Croke 1 and 2)

Los Angeles to Buenos Aires, Argentina (Vertigo, River Plate Night 1 and 2)

Popmart: Syracuse to Philly, approx 4.5 hrs

Elevation: Geneseo to Hamilton, Ontario: 3+hours, Geneseo to Baltimore, approx 6 hours, Syracuse to both Buffalo and Albany (2 hrs each way).

Vertigo: Chicago to Milwaukee (1.5 hrs if that), Chicago to Cleveland (can't remember how short, but it was a short flight).

360: probably Chicago to Raleigh will be the furthest...maybe a 2 hour flight?

I've traveled all over to see them. I was leaving in Europe in the summer of 2005 so I caught a handful of shows. But I went from Sweden to Hawaii for the last show of the tour, stopping in Mexico City half way, craziest 7 days of my life!!!!!!!

Oh yes, agreed, it was the only motivation that would do it, and I did do it :D (It had been 16 years for me since I'd flown before that :reject: )
I seriously considered driving but knew I'd never make it since I had to work until 11 pm the night before the show... believe me I was doing the math!

When I sat down on the plane that morning I was not doing so well, then a guy sat down in the seat behind me wearing a Vertigo Tour jacket, hat, and holding the Bono in Conversation book... the u2 vibe was on the plane and I felt much better somehow :)

Congrats on overcoming and going to Hawaii too :hi5:
Awesome, I thought you meant you drove the whole way :crack: :lol:

Congrats to you :hi5:

Sydney >>> LA/San Diego- Vertigo
Sydney >>> Nice- Vertigo
Sydney >>> Brisbane/Adel/Melbourne - Vertigo
Sydney >>> Brisbane - Popmart

Geneva to Buenos Aires.... (can t be much longer) for Vertigo 2x
200 km (Zurich) for Elevation
to Rotterdam and Paris for POPmart
20 km away for Zoo TV and Zooropa (good old time):sad:

I once took public transport all the way from San Francisco to Oakland. It was a harrowing half-hour and I still got to the show too early - only mere minutes after Damian Marley had left the stage. :down:

2.5 hour drive down to Slane to see them.

I wouldn't fly to see them. Even though going to Dublin would mean I could also go home for a few days I don't think the stress of flying is worth it. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom