Excellent U2 parody!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnytakeawalk

Refugee
The 'Blow Parade' is a comedy radio program on triple J in Australia. It is a mock radio show that features trips down musical memory lane. This week was 1983 and documented the rise of ME ME ME AMEN. Or as we know them fondly as....U2

From the website The Ship's Log | The Blow Parade | triple j

Well, the smooth seas just got a whole smoother, didn’t they? What a cracking episode, and I’m not ashamed to admit that I’ve seen Me Me Me perform live in concert around 9 or 10 times, at least 8 of which were benefit concerts for some kind of cause. I can’t actually remember what the causes were but, boy, can I remember the music – just magic stuff! And you know, I often find myself having to defend Me Me Me’s crusading efforts. A lot of people like to be cynical about the Fly Raid concert - they say that Veni didn’t actually achieve anything by it. But today in Africa, there are now 2,000 fewer flies than there would have been had Fly Raid never happened – you try telling a starving kid that he’s no better off now, and he’d laugh at you! Or at least he would if he had the energy.

You can download the podcast from the website. It is worth it. Very funny, if only to revisit the brilliant rise and origins of 'Tuesday, slightly inconvenient Tuesday.'

The 'Blow Parade' is a comedy radio program on triple J in Australia. It is a mock radio show that features trips down musical memory lane. This week was 1983 and documented the rise of ME ME ME AMEN. Or as we know them fondly as....U2

From the website The Ship's Log | The Blow Parade | triple j

Well, the smooth seas just got a whole smoother, didn’t they? What a cracking episode, and I’m not ashamed to admit that I’ve seen Me Me Me perform live in concert around 9 or 10 times, at least 8 of which were benefit concerts for some kind of cause. I can’t actually remember what the causes were but, boy, can I remember the music – just magic stuff! And you know, I often find myself having to defend Me Me Me’s crusading efforts. A lot of people like to be cynical about the Fly Raid concert - they say that Veni didn’t actually achieve anything by it. But today in Africa, there are now 2,000 fewer flies than there would have been had Fly Raid never happened – you try telling a starving kid that he’s no better off now, and he’d laugh at you! Or at least he would if he had the energy.

You can download the podcast from the website. It is worth it. Very funny, if only to revisit the brilliant rise and origins of 'Tuesday, slightly inconvenient Tuesday.'

:lol:

Anyone remember the Mysterious Ways cover from the youtube member Fiboxx, his gone from youtube now :(

Here are a few more:

YouTube - U2 are shit
YouTube - "Check Out My Pubes" U2 PARODY
YouTube - The Chaser - I still can't accept what a nob I am U2 parody
YouTube - Someone tell Sam Jackson he's my bro

:lmao: I knew about "Cavity Search" - my brother is a hardcore Yankovich fan from waaay back :) - but I'd never heard/seen the "Green Eggs & Ham" piece. Too damn funny. :lol:

:lmao: I knew about "Cavity Search" - my brother is a hardcore Yankovich fan from waaay back :) - but I'd never heard/seen the "Green Eggs & Ham" piece. Too damn funny. :lol:

:hi5: for your brother! Me too. I remember I was listening when his first song (recorded in a bathroom) premiered live on the radio. I love Al :D We've met too and he's cool.

My favorite ever was the Ben Stiller "One" parody, but I also love that "Someone Tell Sam Jackson He's My Bro" one, above. That's uncanny...

For those of us not impressed with Bono's stage posing in the 2000s, I hope he looks at some of these parodies and realizes how easy he is to impersonate. If you tried to impersonate him in the 80s and 90s, it's not so easy (except for the 'Fly' costume) because he just did whatever came to mind. But his staged moves in the past decade are rather lame and easy to do.

Back
Top Bottom