EW list of u2 albums ranked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love my Entertainment Weekly (yes, I still get it as a magazine in the mail because I'm old), but this had me tweeting at them multiple times.

Bottom two albums being the most recent was unsurprising, but the comments about SOI were pretty far off the mark. TUF too low, October too high, nothing else surprising other than the extreme WTF-ery of calling "Acrobat" the worst song on Achtung Baby.

carygrant.gif

Terrible list. They did get SOI dead last correctly, as well as Zooropa and Boy being top 5. Otherwise it's just the usual boring consensus opinions.

Here are my best-worst.

Boy - IWF/Shadows and Tall Trees
October - Gloria/Stranger in A Strange Land
War - NYD/Red Light
UF - Pride/4th of July
JT - ISHFWILF/MOTD
RH - All I Want is You/Love Rescue Me
AB - EBTTRT/So Cruel
Zooropa - Lemon/Wanderer
Pop - Mofo/Wake Up Dead Man
ATYCLB - Beautiful Day/Grace
HTDAAB - Vertigo/LAPOE
NLOTH - MOS/SUC
SOI - Troubles/Volcano

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Fairly good list, made me laugh a bit. Certainly ATYCLB and UF should be switched, but otherwise it was a reasonable list.

I must say, it's the first time I've seen 'All Because of You' praised and 'Acrobat' crapped on, so that's pretty ballsy.

It reads as if the author had a passable knowledge of maybe 50% of U2's work, then quickly asked around the office to fill in the other half.

"Brendan? Yeah, hey man.. You ever listen to Zooropa? Yah, from the 90's. What's your take? Favourite song? Least? Cool, I owe you a solid."

Sent from my fingertips.

It's a list. Some are betters than others, the starting entry tells you all you need to know.

1. Achtung Baby
2. Pop
3. The Joshua Tree
4. Zooropa
5. Boy
6. NLOTH
7. ATYCLB
8. SOI
9. TUF
10. War
11. R&H
12. HTDAAB
13. October

Any list deserves some respect for having SOI at the very bottom where it clearly belongs.

I saw that a while back. It's so wrong in so many ways that I don't even know where to start. :| It seems like a list made by someone who did a quick listen to each album and then stuck JT and AB at the top (because everyone knows those two are the most popular), put SOI at the bottom out of spite (it ended up on their phone! :angry: ), and the rest is based on fleeting impressions.

Back
Top Bottom