Elbow cover U2 for new cd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Registered Dude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
this is awesome.. the new War child benefit disc, coming in Feb, features new acts covering classic tunes. check it out

Heroes album tracklist | War Child

Tracklist:
Beck (Bob Dylan: Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat)
Scissor Sisters (Roxy Music: Do The Strand)L
Lily Allen (The Clash: Straight To Hell)
Duffy (Paul McCartney: Live And Let Die)
Elbow (U2: Running To Stand Still)
TV On The Radio (David Bowie: Heroes)
Hot Chip (Joy Division: Transmission)
The Kooks (The Kinks: Victoria)
Estelle (Stevie Wonder: Superstition)
Rufus Wainwright (Brian Wilson: Wonderful/ Song For Children)
Peaches (Iggy Pop: Search And Destroy)
The Hold Steady (Bruce Springsteen: Atlantic City)
The Like (Elvis Costello: You Belong To Me)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs (The Ramones: Sheena Is A Punk Rocker)
Franz Ferdinand (Blondie: Call Me)

EDIT: according to the website, the major acts chose which bands they wanted to cover their songs.
kudos to U2 :up:

It is weird that U2 are a currently active, massive band yet they are classic enough that younger artists cover and revere them. Not many like 'em around.

I haven't heard it yet, but I'm in love.

I'd explode if Elbow opened for U2.....and I got to see it! :combust:

Amazing!

If TV on the Radio covers U2 I'll find those lame asses and punch them until they gave up the idea. But I'm so happy it's Elbow!

Elbow :heart:

It is weird that U2 are a currently active, massive band yet they are classic enough that younger artists cover and revere them. Not many like 'em around.

Actually there are a lot of older bands covering newer bands. Peter Gabriel Just covered Vampire Weekend and their first album came out in 2008.

Lily Allen covering The Clash sounds like an unmitigated disaster waiting to happen. Other than that, the disc looks awesome.

I like elbow very much but love TV on the radio. Whats wrong with them?

Ah, it's something, but I guess that's only with me. Maybe cause I heard people talking so much about Dear Science and I got to hear it I found it completely... boring.
Well, that's what happens when you listen to Pitchfork...

^Most other places loved it as well...not just pitchfork!

Ah, it's something, but I guess that's only with me. Maybe cause I heard people talking so much about Dear Science and I got to hear it I found it completely... boring.

It is true that there was a lot of talk about dear science. i can imagine that it dissapoints from that point of view.

I have known them and loved them since their first album so its different then i suppose. All their albums you have to listen to a couple of times to get it. (with most of the better albums thats the case imo)

You think that's boring and HTDAAB is one of the best albums ever?

It is true that there was a lot of talk about dear science. i can imagine that it dissapoints from that point of view.

I have known them and loved them since their first album so its different then i suppose. All their albums you have to listen to a couple of times to get it. (with most of the better albums thats the case imo)

Hmmm... I'm sure I've listened to it 3-4 times, at least. But I'll give it another try, there's a lot of things I don't like not even on the 10th listen and one day, I start to love it.

Why is it that GAFfer posted about this in Bang and Clatter last week and none of you assmasters commented on it there? I hate you all for even visiting this section of the forum, and now hate myself for also doing it.

I%20hate%20everything%20bunny.gif

Why is it that GAFfer posted about this in Bang and Clatter last week and none of you assmasters commented on it there? I hate you all for even visiting this section of the forum, and now hate myself for also doing it.

If its any consolation I just like to spread the love of my posts, since I post in general so little, I like to leave no section of Interference untouched by my presence:cool:

Hmmm... I'm sure I've listened to it 3-4 times, at least. But I'll give it another try, there's a lot of things I don't like not even on the 10th listen and one day, I start to love it.

Its all a matter of taste in the end ofcourse. Maybe its not for you.. but the song (single) Golden age is catchy as hell imo. Maybe thats a good starting point? Oh and check out wolf like me a single from their previous album also quite catchy (and great i think)

^Now I'm too hooked up with Bruce Springsteen's new album, but I'll give TV another listen later. Let's see what I think this time.

I think boring is the last word I would use to describe Dear Science...

Back
Top Bottom