Edge's building plan gets cancelled [update]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He probably would have got away with one mansion, but c'mon five was overkill. But why the heck do they think Edge is an environmentalist??? Apart from that one time 20 years ago when U2 campaigned against dumping nuclear waste I can't recall Edge doing or saying anything that would label him an environmentalist.:doh:

They list Greenpeace in their album sleaves don't they? They've been fairly involved with them in the past.

Personally, I think it's good when the guys don't get what they want. They need to know that it is their music that makes them special, not their celebrity.

62432409.jpg

I think that's the first aerial image I've seen. And in that context, I can see why it was rejected. I'm a bit astonished that anyone even supported this in the first place, it's like a state park up there almost..you just don't build on spaces like that :shrug:

Like O MY GAWD Edge is leveling a mountain so he can live in 5 mansions. :ohmy:

Why has he sold his soul to the devil?

Why?
WHY?! WHY?!

yeah, same. :huh:
sorry, i don't want to sound like a negative asshole but to be fair, I'm glad for the people who no longer have to worry about seeing diggers and stuff rolling up those mountains and building THAT up there! was a bad idea to begin with.

sounds like common sense really as it would only set a precedent and you'd get more people with the money saying "well Evans had his five big homes built up there, why can't I have another five?"

It looks like a very excessive (and un-Edge-like) project and I can see why people would be opposed. I hope he just lets it go, because it would be awkward to be the rich guy on the mountain that has pissed everyone off.

Reading the details about it for the first time tonight, I have to say.

WTF, Edge? Are you trying to get people to start calling you a douchebag as well, along with your BFF?

Great, you have a lot of money. Great, you want to build giant homes. Cool, good for you, congratulations on your success. But jeez, the articles I read made the whole thing just sound like there was all sorts of weird underhandedness and general dickery, and I hate to think The Edge has a janky side to him.

I really hope he lets it go.

Reading the details about it for the first time tonight, I have to say.

WTF, Edge? Are you trying to get people to start calling you a douchebag as well, along with your BFF?

Great, you have a lot of money. Great, you want to build giant homes. Cool, good for you, congratulations on your success. But jeez, the articles I read made the whole thing just sound like there was all sorts of weird underhandedness and general dickery, and I hate to think The Edge has a janky side to him.

I really hope he lets it go.

I'll say no more, but this was more about people that he trusted to do the right thing for him than what he did himself.

I'll say no more, but this was more about people that he trusted to do the right thing for him than what he did himself.

I could see that being the case. But from what I've read, he is NOT coming out of this looking good, which is a shame.

But I suppose that's the way it goes when you're rich, famous and a rather easy target because of that.

And please, say more - obviously I don't have the whole story from the articles I've read. You obviously have a fuller picture - was it in another article or something somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom