Edge interview on 2FM 16thJan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is it a call in show? if so, i'm calling and asking him why he was so fake when he posted here.

also, it would be nice to get a "new album" question.

I didn't want to start a new thread about this but last night I had a dream about U2 & the Edge. I was able to go over the setlist with Edge before the 3rd leg of the 360 show. We were at the stadium and he showed me the list. I know, pretty gay but for those who want to know here is what I remembered:

-Opener was ISHFWILF

-There were 3-4 new songs, some with funky names (Asian....??) and Kingdom was like the 6-7th song on the list.

-Breathe, UltraViolet, WOWY was the encore

-And thats all I remember

But I do remember there still being no POP songs. And I asked him why don't you guys play any POP songs, in return he gave me this "Ugh, Pop sucks face".

Pointless story but I know I can post it here on the blue crack forum!!

I didn't want to start a new thread about this but last night I had a dream about U2 & the Edge. I was able to go over the setlist with Edge before the 3rd leg of the 360 show. We were at the stadium and he showed me the list. I know, pretty gay but for those who want to know here is what I remembered:

-Opener was ISHFWILF

-There were 3-4 new songs, some with funky names (Asian....??) and Kingdom was like the 6-7th song on the list.

-Breathe, UltraViolet, WOWY was the encore

-And thats all I remember

But I do remember there still being no POP songs. And I asked him why don't you guys play any POP songs, in return he gave me this "Ugh, Pop sucks face".

Pointless story but I know I can post it here on the blue crack forum!!

:lol: Nice dream.

They just said on the radio that the interview was recorded yesterday at "Edge's house as Edge and Bono finished recording their parts for this fund raising single for Haiti". It will air on Dave Fanning's show between 2 and 4 pm, and will be available online later :)

Thanks for the info :up:

Good to hear they're involved in a project for Haiti.

Also, I think they might talk about the Golden Globes that are held tomorrow night, U2 are nominated for "Winter". Don't know whether anyone from the band will be there.

It's on. So funny because I had forgotten about the interview, then tuned in and in that very moment it started. They just played the Fly.

Oh God, press him more on the next album. I'm not feeling optimistic. At least we're going to hear this new song for Haiti relatively quickly.

Let's see what they come up with on a 24 hour song.

Well, they have actually just released an album and they've been on tour for most of the last year, plus there are some other projects as well. I don't think it's realistic to expect another album by U2 now.

They could if they wanted to. As usual they just over think everything.

They could indeed, but we know the game by now. Bono is the enthusiastic one who cannot wait to get it out, Larry and Adam are the cautious ones and Edge is somewhere in between. I'm sure we'll get a new album, but I want them to make a good and compact album, not something that sounds like leftovers from various sessions. I also don't want another Zooropa, I never listen to that album.

Zooropa was amazing because it was the last time they just let go and let a concept click before picking it to pieces.

i missed it. can someone detail what was said about:

- new album

- new single for Haiti

thanks!

i missed it. can someone detail what was said about:

- new album

- new single for Haiti

thanks!

new album - he doesn't know what they're going to do yet.

new single for Haiti - a producer called them who was working with Jay-Z to do something for Haiti and they came up with a new a song and sent it to them in one day.

Back
Top Bottom