Down All the Days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
They played this song on the U2 station on SiriusXM today.

How have I never heard of this song?!?! I have been out of the loop recently, when did this thing see the light of day?

They have to play this on the Achtung Baby anniversary tour right?? I'm going to get an online petition and some wristbands ordered, this may be their best song ever....

It was on the Achtung Baby reissue box set. It's amaaaaaaazing.

See also: Oh Berlin.

Near the Island was pretty good too. I couldn't afford to buy the sooper doper deluxe at the time so it's a shame that these tracks are quite hard to get hold of, not even on youtube.

Oh Berlin...:drool:

Def the highlight of the outtakes. It's a better "song" than Numb and has more emotion, but I'm still glad Numb is what was ultimately used for posterity, mainly because it's one of the biggest curveball, WTF singles ever released.

Awesome song. I actually see it as one of the best examples of what U2 was initially trying to accomplish with Achtung Baby. In "From the Sky Down" the band talks about machine age music and taking humanity out, so that what remains shines through more brightly. I see this as precisely what they were going for--industrial, mechanical music with incredibly soulful lyrics and vocals. Awesome stuff. :up:

The only thing I don't like is the background vocals, the "Dayyyyys...daayyyyyss" is kind of obnoxious, in the same way that the "Do wop" backing vocals are obnoxious and unnecessary on Heaven and Hell.

I love that entire B-Side disk from the Achtung Baby remaster (except Fortunate Son, that's awful). :up: I listen to that more than I listen to Achtung Baby itself.

They played this song on the U2 station on SiriusXM today.

How have I never heard of this song?!?! I have been out of the loop recently, when did this thing see the light of day?

They have to play this on the Achtung Baby anniversary tour right?? I'm going to get an online petition and some wristbands ordered, this may be their best song ever....
I'm still waiting for a Dirty Day wristband

:ohmy:

So I caught Chizip's name and I said "whaaa?" and took a look; oh, more rare songs, outtakes etc talk! :love:

RD I love a whole lot of the B-sides you're talking about, like Blow Your House Down, LWTSH. Where Did We Go Wrong, (Yeah, FS is pretty awful :lol: - I think a lot of their covers have been pretty meh :uhoh: )

Down All The Days- Just tried to look it up -a guy on YT did an instrumental cover of it: Chris Waldrop".
Might want to check it out; niiiice stingy, buzzy guitar work over the more familiar Numb aspects.

Just about to check out "oh, Berlin"

Before that though, got to mention one my favorite outtakes that didn't :sad: make it (at least not in the deluxe Cd) "I Feel Free" another UTEOTW precusor! Takes it partly in a different direction. Love it!

Didn't find "Oh, Berlin"

OTOH had not heard this older
outtake before- J Swallow Was impressed!

Last edited:
:ohmy:

So I caught Chizip's name and I said "whaaa?" and took a look; oh, more rare songs, outtakes etc talk! :love:

RD I love a whole lot of the B-sides you're talking about, like Blow Your House Down, LWTSH. Where Did We Go Wrong, (Yeah, FS is pretty awful [emoji38] - I think a lot of their covers have been pretty meh :uhoh: )

Down All The Days- Just tried to look it up -a guy on YT did an instrumental cover of it: Chris Waldrop".
Might want to check it out; niiiice stingy, buzzy guitar work over the more familiar Numb aspects.

Just about to check out "oh, Berlin"

Before that though, got to mention one my favorite outtakes that didn't :sad: make it (at least not in the deluxe Cd) "I Feel Free" another UTEOTW precusor! Takes it partly in a different direction. Love it!

Didn't find "Oh, Berlin"

OTOH had not heard this older
outtake before- J Swallow Was impressed!
Dazzled, Oh Berlin is on Vimeo. Type vimeo oh berlin into google and you'll find it.
An absolute stunner too. Enjoy!

I love that entire B-Side disk from the Achtung Baby remaster (except Fortunate Son, that's awful). :up: I listen to that more than I listen to Achtung Baby itself.

Been rocking out myself to that disc via Amazon Prime! Personal favorite has to be Blow Your House Down, and that killer riff from Edge.

I wish they'd included one of those wacky takes with different vocals in each channel and then attempted disastrously to play it live on the following tour.

Back
Top Bottom