Deleted song from U2 LOVETOWN doc - "Desire"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i always wish they would've done that snippet at the end again. but all we get is half-ass acoustic, soft versions of desire.

That Lovetown documentary is one of my all time favourite U2 pieces, and the Edge solo's on desire are a real highlight.

I've seen this clip before, love it to bits. As far as I know, there is no 'clean' version of the song, and I'm sure we'll agree that it was a bad editorial decision to include the talky bits through the song.

My question would be - is there a version of the Lovetown documentary that includes 'Desire'? The version that I have - the only version I'm aware of - doesn't.

In my opinion, Desire was only good on Lovetown. The one with the shredding solo from 27/9/89 is even better than this, but both are heaps good.

18/11/89 Sydney, if I'm not mistaken.

All of this post is absolutely correct. That 27 September 1989 version of Desire slays.

Do you know I have never seen this doc before?

<-- bad U2 fan :reject:

Was this just for Australian TV or something?

I find it interesting that you can already see hints of Zoo TV creeping in, especially the quick cuts and the "interference" between cuts...

i KNOW they have this whole concert filmed. WHY dont they release it? :scream:

while we are on edge solos, i think this is also the concert where they cover knockin on heaven's door. Edge plays an awesome (by edge standards) solo on that.

Interesting: from about 4:46 onward, the solo begins to sound a little like the logical progression to the Fly, which of course came what, two years after this?

Do you know I have never seen this doc before?

<-- bad U2 fan :reject:

Was this just for Australian TV or something?

I find it interesting that you can already see hints of Zoo TV creeping in, especially the quick cuts and the "interference" between cuts...

definitely had the zoo confessional feeling to it.

Ive never seen this doc either. its available on youtube in 7 parts.

I think the classic album series has been carried on VH1 in the states, dont know if it still is or if this has ever been played on it.

Holy shit... this was freaking awesome. Thanks for posting this. :up::up:

That was awesome...

"We make two kinds of music...country and western"

Thank you Betty Dalton

:applaud:

bloody fantastic . . .rob duckworth !!!!!! back in the bad old days when MMM actually played decent music :yippie:

had snippets of this stuff (for aussie fans, am sure the interview tidbits with the cheeky chick was shown on some music show on sbs, hosted by paul clarke, eons and eons ago) on daggy ole video tape which broke from overplaying :scream: . .. and ditto to whomever said 'why don't they release this concert" . . . why indeed :madwife:

Ehh... I'd take a ZooTV version any day of the week and twice on Sunday over this.

true. there's no beating (is it the washington version?) with the zoo tv reporter and hectic preaching. eccentric movements, huge platform shoes and sparkly hats aside, the sound is so heavy :drool:

That's East Ruth, I believe. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom