CSI:NY 3:33 Unknown Caller??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justinlacy

The Fly
Last night I was watching a CSI:NY rerun. At one point in the show, Mac says something about changing his phone extension because of the calls he started getting while in London. The scene then flashes back to Mac in London getting a call in the middle of the night. After he answers the phone, there is no voice on the other end. As he was reaching for the phone, you see a shot of the clock on the table and the time was 3:33.

I thought...wow...an unknown caller at 3:33...

So I did a little research and came across this from season 4 of CSI:NY

..."In Season 4, Mac starts receiving mysterious phone calls at exactly 3:33 am. Later on, he also realizes that the phone calls come from a number known only as 333. Everything ends up having to do with something in his past when he was a young boy. His friend's brother was beaten to death in front of him, and as he and his friend come to find out later, his friend's littlest brother witnessed the murder and holds Mac responsible for not saving his brother's life when Mac had the chance, making him the 333 stalker."

Anyone else made this connection before?

Last night I was watching a CSI:NY rerun. At one point in the show, Mac says something about changing his phone extension because of the calls he started getting while in London. The scene then flashes back to Mac in London getting a call in the middle of the night. After he answers the phone, there is no voice on the other end. As he was reaching for the phone, you see a shot of the clock on the table and the time was 3:33.

I thought...wow...an unknown caller at 3:33...

So I did a little research and came across this from season 4 of CSI:NY

..."In Season 4, Mac starts receiving mysterious phone calls at exactly 3:33 am. Later on, he also realizes that the phone calls come from a number known only as 333. Everything ends up having to do with something in his past when he was a young boy. His friend's brother was beaten to death in front of him, and as he and his friend come to find out later, his friend's littlest brother witnessed the murder and holds Mac responsible for not saving his brother's life when Mac had the chance, making him the 333 stalker."

Anyone else made this connection before?

Omg, yes, I thought of that too when I was watching it!
I like to think that a writer on staff may be friends with Bono or is a major fan! :hmm: who knows?

I just thought of something too.. if this episode was written/aired originally before the album came out, how would said writer have known about the unknown caller 333 thing?
That's too much of a coincidence imo. That's just werid.:ohmy:
Put on your supersleuth hats ladies!

Info on that particular episode...
"The Deep" is the second episode in the fourth season of CSI: NY. Its original airdate was 3 October 2007. The episode is written by Wendy Battles and directed by Oz Scott

Info on that particular episode...
"The Deep" is the second episode in the fourth season of CSI: NY. Its original airdate was 3 October 2007. The episode is written by Wendy Battles and directed by Oz Scott

Good work! Hmmm. So do you suppose Bono saw this episode?

Do you guys remember what year it was when Bono was at the Sundance Film Festival and he and Edge were being interviewed and part of the interview they were driving around and Bono started talking about this new song they were working on and how 333 keeps appearing or some such thing. I can't remember exactly, but I know they were disucussing that and he/they were in the midst of writing that song which is now Unknown Caller.

Just an observation...how strange...October 3rd is my b-day ... and in 2007
I happened to be in Dublin at Hanover Quay on that very day. WEIRD.

Maybe they have made the same connection as Bono (IE 333, god's phone number, the idea of God being unreachable, untouchable)

Might just be that they came to make the same obscure connection...

Back
Top Bottom