Clarkson's cover of "I Still Haven't Found..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blam.gif

It's a fairly predictable cover version. It doesn't do anything epic or offensive. Meh

Best part about Still Haven't Found is Edge, and he is, of course, absent. Otherwise, it's pleasant enough, but I flat out dislike Kelly in her Because Of You mode.

The best part of this song is the original vocal on the album (as well as the guitar).
At least Kelly sings it in the original key.

I like it. Of course, I like things that sound good apart from posturing or sycophants who refuse anything that isn't warbly, talk-singing Bono, who has to go a half-step down because he can't carry the song anymore.

I like it. Of course, I like things that sound good apart from posturing or sycophants who refuse anything that isn't warbly, talk-singing Bono, who has to go a half-step down because he can't carry the song anymore.

This is probably the only :up: you're going to get for this in EYKIW, so I'll give you a few more :up: :up: :up:

Kelly Clarkson has said in numerous interviews that she's a U2 fan. If she wants to cover one of their songs, that's fine with me.

Breakaway is one of my guilty pleasures albums...one of the few that I like every song on it.

This is probably the only :up: you're going to get for this in EYKIW, so I'll give you a few more :up: :up: :up:

I won't. :down::down::down::down::down::down:

Why does everyone always have to complain about Bono's voice? He sang the album version when he was 26! And he had studio "help" to make his voice sound even better. Plus, Lanois made him sing at the top of his range (without going into falsetto). No artist can sing constantly at the top of his/her range night after night - so of course Bono will scale the song down. Given that the crowd loves to sing with it, I'm glad too - I can't hit those notes!

So stop with the Bono bashing. It wasn't necessary at all in this thread. :angry:

If you like Clarkson's version - and it was fine - great. She is a very gifted singer, possibly the best found on "American Idol". It's great to see her do this song. I'm not sure I'm ready for an Adam Lambert version. ;)

Very boring cover of the song...never hits a peak but not the worst Ive heard.

the best part of this song is the original vocal on the album (as well as the guitar).
At least kelly sings it in the original key.

I like it. Of course, i like things that sound good apart from posturing or sycophants who refuse anything that isn't warbly, talk-singing bono, who has to go a half-step down because he can't carry the song anymore.

10/10

Back
Top Bottom