Can Some One Explain to Me Why there is No Love For Stuck In A Moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The accoustic version of Stuck is simply fabulous, it made me love the song much more; I'm still not too crazy about the album or the full band version.

On the other hand, I must say I like how they brought together the lyrics which are not really happy with such a poppy sounding song. It's a very hopeful, uplifting song.

I agree with the second part of your post completely, it's a fantastic achievment.
It's one of my favourite U2 songs of the decade, though I only like the full band album version, I'm not crazy about any aciustic tracks they do. I also despise the American video for it, but love the one for the rest of the wold.

I'd rather listen to the album than the acoustic anyday

...and I like the acoustic version. The only version I dislike is the version that was acoustic, but with Adam and Larry and fake horns for 10 secs on the last tour. Either play full band or acoustic.

The production on the album version makes me cringe a little bit. Hell, what am I saying? It makes me cringe a lot.

I do love the live version on the Boston DVD, though. Why couldn't Edge have played it that way on the album?

Don't like the album version, accoustic version is nice. The whole All that you can't leave behinde album is overrated if you ask me. Beautiful day is a decent song and Elevation is great, the remix that is. For the rest it's a forgetable album for me it's the worst since I became a fan in 1984 with Pride. The live version of Kite on the Windows in the skies single proved to me that it lacked good production. Kite is a great song but it sounds like shit on the album. The same with Elevation. It's not Pop that needs to be done all over but for me it's ATYCLB.

I know nothing about music or recording in the technical area so I don't know when a song was recorded poorly. Having said that I really like this song. It's probably my favorite on the album. I guess I was the demographic that album was directed to because I really liked it up till In a Little While. Everything after that song is just kind of eh for me.

i hate it. bottom 5 u2 songs of all time for me. i can't get past the absolutely, cringe-worthy cheesiness of the lyric "stuck in a moment you can't get out of". its right up there with mole in a hole.

the music, lyrics, all of it is bad for me. i don't think acoustic is any better, it makes the lyric even worse, because you don't have the cheesey music to match the horrible lyrics. it ends up being this overly sappy song with bad lyrics.

all that said, i like atyclb, and only feel this way about 5 u2 songs total. i really like just about everything they have ever recorded, but this one just misses big time for me.

I like the song, acustic and album version, but the slane castle version just kick the ass.I don't think Stuck in a moment sound poppy, sounds more jazz to me.

:up: I share the love............I can hear a poppy, doo-wappy ring to it, but not the jazz :shrug: I wouldn't catagorize it as poppy though...i make sense to myself, really.

that being said, the lyrics are fab and I love the acoustic version way more at the moment....and the video is corny, but only bono could make rolling around asphalt look hawt......:drool:

Can't go back thru the four pages at the mo, but just want to say :up:

I think Stuck is perfect, a 10/10, and one of the many reasons hwhy I love Attyclub. Great melody, soothing tune, and a ripper falsetto from Edge.

Back
Top Bottom