Bono's voice a comforting familiarity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hearing Bono's voice is indeed comforting. It's like you're not alone, like another person's there with you. It's strangely familiar, and very intimate and comforting, especially in the dark at night and on headphones. I must say I also love his speaking voice :heart:

I've heard Bono's voice basically every day since I was 9. Which means that other than my parents and my brother, I've probably heard his voice more than anyone else's. It's like a friend that i've never actually met. It's weird.

I remember reading a review of the Joshua Tree right after it was released. The reviewer talked about the fact that U2 had been around so long that Bono's voice was a lot like a mother's voice: at once comforting and annoying in its familiarity.

I've heard Bono's voice basically every day since I was 9. Which means that other than my parents and my brother, I've probably heard his voice more than anyone else's. It's like a friend that i've never actually met. It's weird.

Yeah, I feel exactly the same way. It's like coming home ... (but don't tell your friends this ... they'll go :ohmy::huh: (what's REALLY wrong with her?!)

So just keep it in this forum ... like a bunch of other stuff .... :up:

Back
Top Bottom