Bono injured in cycling accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I told you to use Tor at work :tsk:

Sent from my ass crack

and as for you Gabe..... couldn't you be a stand-in for when B-man goes cycling? I wonder if he was wearing his knee-hi socks and sliders this time?

Thank you.

Seriously, if anyone thinks that even with the jokes, people joking aren't also thinking "Oh shit, that sucks, hope it's not too serious," you're taking this place too seriously. It's not like a thought or feeling doesn't exist if it's not expressed on the internet.

I'm just relieved it wasn't his back again.

Also, while people predictably jumped to make the "Is Bono okay" joke, I am really disappointed in myself - nay, in all of us - that no one said "Achtung, Baby!"
(which I saw someone comment elsewhere).

Click-clack

hope he biffed it while cruising on a penny farthing

images

Songs Of Schwinnocence

Spokes Of Incompetence?

I recall MTV's last great musical effort - acoustic sets. So many U2 fans wanted U2 to perform some acoustic songs and make it on that show.

U2 never appeared, but now they are offering acoustic performances as b-sides and in live performances.

The result are fans complaining.

This is reductive. Back in the early 90s when Unplugged was in its heyday, of course U2 fans were hoping for an appearance. And it would have been an interesting contrast to their more "electronic" sound of the period.

It's over 20 years later, and those of us who have seen them on the Elevation and Vertigo tours now know that a night of acoustic versions might not be featuring the band at their best.

I don't see any hypocrisy here.

Spokes Of Incompetence?

This is reductive. Back in the early 90s when Unplugged was in its heyday, of course U2 fans were hoping for an appearance. And it would have been an interesting contrast to their more "electronic" sound of the period.

It's over 20 years later, and those of us who have seen them on the Elevation and Vertigo tours now know that a night of acoustic versions might not be featuring the band at their best.

There isn't any hypocrisy when it comes to the U2 fanbase - in general terms I will say that U2s hardcore fans are some of the most closed minded people when it comes to trying something different or listening to a song in a different way. It would be a hell of a lot more surprising for the people here at Interference to be accepting of something different then dismissive of it but that would be far too difficult.

Not that I'm applying it to your comment, but for whatever reason, the acoustic set 'complaining' remarks remind me of how some bring up Bono's "We don't need the pop kids" quote from 1992 and apply it to the band's actions today.

When a band's been around this long, I suppose those types of comparisons are bound to happen anyway.

There isn't any hypocrisy when it comes to the U2 fanbase - in general terms I will say that U2s hardcore fans are some of the most closed minded people when it comes to trying something different or listening to a song in a different way. It would be a hell of a lot more surprising for the people here at Interference to be accepting of something different then dismissive of it but that would be far too difficult.

This is somewhat true. Some U2 fans solely listen to their favorite band at the expense of all other music and their opinions on music are consequently closed-minded and ignorant. Then again, other U2 fans saw them through the 90s and are more than OK with musical experimentation.

Closed-mindedness only partially applies to the acoustic complainers though. I'm sure that we've all heard dozens of U2's past acoustic performances, which is a large enough sample size to make a rational judgment. Then again, maybe the new songs will translate well. That remains to be seen. I'm just not interested in finding out, personally. I'd rather find out if U2 can still pull off Lemon, Last Night on Earth or A Sort of Homecoming after all these years. That would be different.

On the way to work this morning a local radio station in CT reported I'd plight than played parts of beautiful day with the screaming goat segued into Queens Bicycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom