Best U2 Songs to Dance To?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful Day is the definite number 1 choice I would go for. It's not my favourite U2 song, but it's very popular amongst young people and is one of the few u2 songs that is. So Beautiful Day I would definitely consider.

New Years Day comes to mind.

Could also go for Vertigo I guess.

But Beautiful Day above all for this kind of thing IMO.

People always say Mys Ways and I don't know, I'm not huge on it (unless you count grinding in a corner as dancing :lol: )

Fast dance songs:
I Will Follow
Streets (yep, because of the intro you can use this at the beginning of a set, and the beat is 120 BPM or thereabouts so it's dance music)
New Years Day
Salome Zooromancer
Lemon Perfecto
Two Hearts
Crazy Tonight (pretty much any of the house remixes)
Magnificent (Redanka if you're going from the top, Fred Faulke if you're mixing it in from another track)

Sheer rock-out ability:
Out of Control

Slow song/night closer:
With Or Without You

Beautiful Day might be good for laughs as everyone tries to figure out what to do :lol:

In the end though what will make people move the most is familiarity.

So .... Mysterious Ways = bad to dance to, and Streets = good to dance to.

What kind of crazy dancing do people do in your universe?

I didn't say it was bad to dance to, I noted that many say it's good to dance to. But me personally I'm not huge on it because I like stuff with a faster beat for strictly dancing. Streets is a faster tempo (around 120 bpm), Mysterious Ways is a slower more soulful groove/tempo (around 90 bpm). Because of that long intro in Streets, though, it's tough to work it into a set (dj'ng I mean) unless you open the set with it.

By the way The Edge has said that Streets is "basically dance music". :shrug:

By the way The Edge has said that Streets is "basically dance music". :shrug:

Note to self: don't hire The Edge to DJ at my wedding. ;)

I dunno. I find a song with a "groove" easier to dance to than a relatively straight-forward rock beat, no matter how many BPMs it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the first one jumping up and down like a crazy person when they play Streets, and yeah, I consider that dancing. But this thread is in relation to a wedding, and my money is on the guests dancing to Mysterious Ways over Streets in that setting.

But hey, maybe I just don't go to the right weddings!

Actually Streets was the beginnings of techno and dance. Adam said it in the Joshua Tree classic album thingy.:lol: He really did and he's right. Most of the rhythms in WTSHNN are dance type rhythms. I still would like to see what other songs come up.

And FYI there will (sadly) be no alcohol at this party...unless I plan on getting arrested for underage drinking.:wink:

Actually Streets was the beginnings of techno and dance. Adam said it in the Joshua Tree classic album thingy.:lol: He really did and he's right. Most of the rhythms in WTSHNN are dance type rhythms.

:grumpy:

Oh, fine. You can dance to it.

:rolleyes:

:wink:

Actually Streets was the beginnings of techno and dance. Adam said it in the Joshua Tree classic album thingy.:lol: He really did and he's right.

I think what you are trying to say is that Adam said that Streets came about at the same time as the beginnings of techno and dance. Because Streets is definitely not the beginning, nowhere near it really..I believe it was also The Edge or Adam who noted in that segment (or maybe it was the Rattle N Hum outtakes) that the rhythm had it's roots in the music they were hearing in the clubs at the time ie early house (techno wasn't even out yet really)....but anyways, I'm splittin hairs here...it's dance music! :)

On the rare occasions that I was put at the controls in my college years, I would play about 3 U2 songs, 2 of these back to back. No more because as others have said, they're not known for dance music, and more importantly, I just don't want to start a war with anyone who makes a negative comment.

I remember doing Vertigo and Mysterious Ways(both studio) back to back once and it got a pretty damn good reaction. I was very surprised.

Others I remember giving a spin:
Do You Feel Loved
Holy Joe
I Will Follow(Milan 2005)
Two Hearts Beat As One

Would be perfect:
Discotheque
EBTTRT
Crazy Remix Live

The best, though, would probably be Magnificent Redanka remix.

U2 as we have noted, has alot of "jump up and down" rock stuff, but not necessarily party dance stuff. To that end, I have always found that, in order to sound good in a club/party setting, U2 music really has to be played LOUD.

Think about it. You can get people moving in no time to Lady GaGa or Donna Summer or Shakira or some rapper at about any audible volume.

On the rare occasions that I was put at the controls in my college years, I would play about 3 U2 songs, 2 of these back to back. No more because as others have said, they're not known for dance music, and more importantly, I just don't want to start a war with anyone who makes a negative comment.

I remember doing Vertigo and Mysterious Ways(both studio) back to back once and it got a pretty damn good reaction. I was very surprised.

Others I remember giving a spin:
Do You Feel Loved
Holy Joe
I Will Follow(Milan 2005)
Two Hearts Beat As One

Would be perfect:
Discotheque
EBTTRT
Crazy Remix Live

The best, though, would probably be Magnificent Redanka remix.

U2 as we have noted, has alot of "jump up and down" rock stuff, but not necessarily party dance stuff. To that end, I have always found that, in order to sound good in a club/party setting, U2 music really has to be played LOUD.

Think about it. You can get people moving in no time to Lady GaGa or Donna Summer or Shakira or some rapper at about any audible volume.

Sweet!:D That Vertigo to MW sounds cool. Annnnnnddd I love the Milan 05 Version of I Will Follow. Might have that one added. I played that one for 2 of the people who are going at this party (they like a lot of rap music) and loved it! I have a feeling it'll get them pumped.

1. Mysterious Ways
2. Discotheque
3. Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
4. I Will Follow (Vertigo 2005 Live from Milan)

Probably a remix for # 5 if I get 5 U2 songs in.

Sweet!:D That Vertigo to MW sounds cool. Annnnnnddd I love the Milan 05 Version of I Will Follow. Might have that one added. I played that one for 2 of the people who are going at this party (they like a lot of rap music) and loved it! I have a feeling it'll get them pumped.

1. Mysterious Ways
2. Discotheque
3. Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
4. I Will Follow (Vertigo 2005 Live from Milan)

Probably a remix for # 5 if I get 5 U2 songs in.

Just make it Magnificent Redanka and get it over with!

Make sure it is all played loud, but especially 1 and 2, as both songs really don't go down well(studio versions) at low or medium volume in my experience.

You should use the Clayton/Mullen Mission Impossible theme followed by Pop Muzik as lead ins to Discoteque followed by 360 Crazy Tonight. Your sister and friends will be converted.

No idea what the Pop Muzik remix is called but this is the one I'm thinking of:

YouTube - U2 - POP Muzik

Back
Top Bottom