Are remasters influencing U2's sound ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
There were many comparisons between NLOTH and UF's notable role of Eno's synths in 2009.

Do you expect Edge in particular to get inspired by listening to AB in the last year and assuming the lead on a U2 album again ?

I think there was definitely a similarity between TUF and No Line, although No Line was released beforehand, so it may have been more or less coincidental. Perhaps, though, No Line's release influenced U2 to re-release TUF in 2009 (and play the title track live), as it was fitting. But the remaster's release fit into 2009 for many other reasons too.

And I certainly hope that Edge is being inspired by Achtung Baby!

You know, before watching FTSD, I never completely realised just how much influence and even authority Bono had from the musical side of things until I saw that movie. I mean, he was calling out chord changes and specific directions...really taking charge in the studio. That really surprised me, and was the only real thing I learned from watching the film. He was doing the things I always pictured Edge doing.

I do definitely hear the echoes of TUF in NLOTH...which is possibly why I like the latter so much.

There were many comparisons between NLOTH and UF's notable role of Eno's synths in 2009.

Do you expect Edge in particular to get inspired by listening to AB in the last year and assuming the lead on a U2 album again ?

To hear something that would be inspired by and hopefully be like a spinoff of AB would be way awesome. This has been said before many times I'm sure, but I just hope they don't rely too much on what's playing on the airwaves today to produce a new album... I'm staying on the fence at the moment though.

The big difference between the two albums ofc is that on TUF both Edge and Eno were very big influences on the final product, whereas on NLOTH Edge took more of a back seat (that's putting it mildly - the dude was flying on autopilot) and Eno had the sandpit to himself. If immersing himself in AB again gives Edge a shot in the arm, so much the better.

They've released one album since they started doing the remasters, and it didn't sound anything like Boy, October, War or Joshua Tree. TUF and AB remasters came out after NLOTH, so I don't know if that process influenced them or not.

Back
Top Bottom