anyone here ever notice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frank0087

Babyface
... how similar Red Hill Mining Town and Kite are?
same drumbeat
same guitar line
they are practically the same song but with different melodies.

not sure if this has been discussed already.. probably has.. ah well.

I can't believe nobody has pointed out the similarities between 4th Of July, Stories For Boys, and Lemon yet.

I promise you, they're all actually the same song. Promise.

Wow, you guys are heavy on the snark tonight.

I actually hear it. The rhythm section has the same vibe going on, though it's not the same, and the guitar has a little descending slide pattern going on, although in RHMT it's much lower than Kite's. Same idea, though.

It only really works during the verses though. Red Hill Mining Town doesn't have much of a chorus and Kite has a huge one.

Wow, you guys are heavy on the snark tonight.

I actually hear it. The rhythm section has the same vibe going on, though it's not the same, and the guitar has a little descending slide pattern going on, although in RHMT it's much lower than Kite's. Same idea, though.

It only really works during the verses though. Red Hill Mining Town doesn't have much of a chorus and Kite has a huge one.

uhhhhh....RHMT doesn't have much of a chorus? Are you out of your mind? They both have an insanely huge chorus. I sense similarities in the drumbeat I guess....I'd need to listen closer but I dunno...I can sooooooorrrrrrrrrtttta see where you're comin from :shrug:

No, I'm not out of my mind. Red Hill Mining Town doesn't have a huge chorus.

Bono screaming "I'm hanging on" loudly doesn't constitute a big chorus, especially when the band just kind of builds up to a big chorus only to fall back into that same slinky drum beat, only this time with some background vocals.

"Kite" has a much bigger chorus, the whole band takes flight in that chorus, not just Bono.

The first time and All I want is You are similar.

Yeah, their third words, 'want' and 'time', both feature the letter 't'. Clearly they must be THE SAME SONG.

Quod erat demonstrandum, bitches.

Not really. Not every song that has an 8 note bassline is similar to others. I can play both on bass and they're very different. MD has WAY more variation!

the Miracle Drug verses are in the same key and follow a similar, albeit inverted chord progression as all of With or Without You, so I think the comparison is justified.

as for Kite and Red Hill, the drumming and tempo are very similar.

Back
Top Bottom