Alternative video for New Year's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The hair, the hair!

:applaud: Love Bono's blond streaks!

Great video! I am always so amazed how Edge can play two instruments at once. I realize this video is lip synced but to see Edge play it live is incredible. I also love at the end the interview when Bono is talking about U2--It's just a letter and a number. I love that innocence--before all the rockstar stuff.

To the OP--There's more to that interview, isn't there?

:applaud: Love Bono's blond streaks!

Great video! I am always so amazed how Edge can play two instruments at once. I realize this video is lip synced but to see Edge play it live is incredible. I also love at the end the interview when Bono is talking about U2--It's just a letter and a number. I love that innocence--before all the rockstar stuff.

To the OP--There's more to that interview, isn't there?

I think that when they "lip synch" instruments they're still really playing it, just not using the sound recorded in that take, right? Otherwise they'd never get it to look right. That's what I noticed in the making of Magnificent video, anyway- Bono was faking but the others were really playing.

And yes, it's amazing to see the 2 instruments at once. I love this one U2- New Years Day (Live 1983 Germany) - YouTube.

Am I the only one who likes the OP's posted video better than the Swedish horses one?

OK, it's official.

U2 should play THBAO on their next tour ;]

It would bring the house down (or up?!)

Ha ha!

Very underrated song. It has great energy, a catchy riff and the rhythm section is excellent (great bassline). Too bad they haven't played it since 1989.

Back
Top Bottom