All U2.Com Related Discussion HERE Artificial Horizon, Duals etc. pt 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll probably get my vinyl edition of this before I get my free cd copy.

..and I have no idea why I ordered the vinyl considering I don't care too much for remixes.

I got my CD today :) I also ordered the vinyl today. I understand why people are complaining about the vinyl - it is pretty disappointing if you've renewed and paid 50$ because the CD seemed worth it, and now you could buy the vinyl for 35$. Especially if the money's tight as it is with many people...

But I think there's no point in blaming fanfire or live nation or U2 or anyone of being in it for the money or wanting to get as much money as possible out of this - fan merchandise is a business, after all, and usually the point of business is to get as much money as possible. Sad but true, I guess.

ordered my triple LP this morning when I read about it, I've stopped getting email updates from u2's website oddly! :huh:

I've never contemplated joining U2's site, not even for tour pre-sale, so I obviously can't relate to people's issue with them putting the album out again with an extra track on their CD. I do see why that would be really annoying though.

However I really can't wait for the vinyl to arrive :drool:

ordered my triple LP this morning when I read about it, I've stopped getting email updates from u2's website oddly! :huh:

I've never contemplated joining U2's site, not even for tour pre-sale, so I obviously can't relate to people's issue with them putting the album out again with an extra track on their CD. I do see why that would be really annoying though.

Shoot them an email. I had the exact same problem and it's fixed now. :D

I'd like to echo every word in this post

i still havent even gotten my CD :|

:tsk:

I'm sorry - I hope you get it soon. :yes:

The good news is that you probably heard most of the songs anyway. IMO, the highlight is the live version of "Crazy" that's performed in a "remixed" style. I'm glad there's a great copy for me to enjoy (and not just the bootleg versions).

What I found interesting is that there may be some new copy-protection software on there as my CD-ripping software didn't recognize the CD (it could be the software, although it's not had problems before). Of course, it's still easy enough to convert to traditional mp3's, but I thought it was interesting.

I also ordered the vinyl (and, I can actually play it). I downloaded the new mix - it's not bad. Not my favorite mix, but it is interesting.

I'm sorry - I hope you get it soon. :yes:

thanks, i wasnt really complaining either btw, just saying. I think the ticket presale is worth the price of admission to u2dotcom, so anything bonus for me is just that...a bonus. Kind of like going to the fridge and finding a can / bottle of Duff when you thought you were out. Whooooooooo Hooooo!

What I found interesting is that there may be some new copy-protection software on there as my CD-ripping software didn't recognize the CD (it could be the software, although it's not had problems before). Of course, it's still easy enough to convert to traditional mp3's, but I thought it was interesting.

I ripped it into Windows media player and transferred it onto my MP3 player without issues. Must be software issues.

Can someone please tell me how to get the $5 dollar discount on the vinyl set ?

I want my discount :yell: but the total says $35.00 bucks .

I posted previously about not having a reminder email about my membership expiring and as a result it expired and there was nothing U2.com could do about it. Today (one month and 20 days after my membership had expired) I got the email reminder allowing me to rejoin at the reduced rate and still be in the same priority group.

Now I have to wait patiently for an announcement that they will be touring NZ and I will be one happy little kiwi.:D

Anybody else get a FedEx tracking number for their fan club cd? I got one last week. I thought it was odd as I haven't even inquired about it to Fanfire or anyone else. A couple of other people I know in the fan club that received their cd didn't get a tracking email either. So why am I getting one?

Anybody else get a FedEx tracking number for their fan club cd? I got one last week. I thought it was odd as I haven't even inquired about it to Fanfire or anyone else. A couple of other people I know in the fan club that received their cd didn't get a tracking email either. So why am I getting one?

Big Brother BOno is sending you a surprise by Fed EX...

:doh:

still no cd here, though I suppose they have to distribute to all the important places first, you know, the ones where they tour and stuff...

Back
Top Bottom