All U2.Com Related Discussion HERE Artificial Horizon, Duals etc. pt 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two points:

$30 for a 3 disk special edition LP with free postage was good to refuse. I bought it within 60 seconds of receiving the email

The Unknown Caller remix is bloody awful. I had really high hopes for it, but I hate it. However it's a bonus mp3, not a reason to buy the vinyl.

Two points:

$30 for a 3 disk special edition LP with free postage was good to refuse. I bought it within 60 seconds of receiving the email

True. In the past, these exclusive vinyls were promo-only. So you had to pay at least 5 times as much to get it. Now we can get this for a good price.
I ordered mine! :)

Triple vinyl Artificial Horizon

:wave:got to love da fan club......Without renewing my membership I can get the vinyl cheaper then everyone who re upped just to get cd.....

ARTIFICIAL HORIZON - THE TRIPLE VINYL ALBUM.

13 TRACKS REMIXED BY 13 PRODUCERS.
LIMITED EDITION SET AVAILABLE ONLY UNTIL MAY 14TH.
BONUS INSTANT DOWNLOAD TRACK WHEN YOU ORDER.
:applaud:

I understand this sentiment. I just disagree. :wink: Why is it used as incentive? My guess is probably just because there has to be some extra kick to have a collector justify 30 smacks for something he just got for free besides just having vinyl. If it were a bunch of songs being withheld from the normal subscribers, I'd be more inclined to be upset, but it's just one and it doesn't sound terribly appealing to me anyway. If you collect all the vinyl records and whatnot, it's stuff that you'd have to pay for on a regular CD anyway. This isn't, so I don't really mind it being an extra treat for those who go above and beyond in their obsessive fandom.

Live Nation knows how to make money and that is why U2 signed up with them.... Too bad for Members re upping and not getting Unkown Caller... Bait and Switch is what it is called... Vinyl worth more as collectors item then a cd..... Nice art work etc....
They got to pay for tour etc so selling a remix collection twice is easy way to do it....
Free shipping can we ho ourselves anymore/???

Maybe they will offer Melon up as a vinyl next year...

:doh::hyper:

Artificial Horizon can hardly be considered an "exclusive" any more. The vinyl is available to everyone and the CD is widely available on ebay for less than $20 by ticket brokers.

I regret not getting an inflatable Lemon or the Fly shades that U2.com sold years ago. Those aren't easy to come by now. I'm getting this to add to my U2 collection. Probably not going to even open it.

I understand the whole collectors vinyl thing, but then why not let the subscribers that got the CD have the remix too? Why is it used as an incentive to order the vinyl?

This. Especially when the vinyl is available to non-subscribers.

A. I haven't got my CD yet

B. I'd have to pay out another 30 for the 'Collectors' vinyl - well 1 extra remix really.

C. I can't use my 25% discount - Why not?

Not Happy at all.

You're missing my point, Artificial Horizon is hardly 'fan club only' if it's available to all, albeit on a different format. Why not just put the CD on general sale as well then

does it have to be fanclub only? it's clearly not fan club only with the internet and torrents anyway. it's a nice fan club gift, a free CD and the packaging, for those who subscribe. I don't get why people feel like U2.com owes them anything. you choose to subscribe, probably just for presales.

I don't care about vinyl- I just want my damn CD

It's already been charged and paid for on my credit card. I thought maybe Bono would deliver it to me personally on St. Patrick's Day but no dice.

Back
Top Bottom