Adam Clayton goes to court

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fair enough. I'll wait until another news source has something to say about before I'll have anything substantial to contribute, but even if he does sue individually, that doesn't mean the rest of the band is unaware.

Very much so, and IMO still a little strange that the mirror is the only paper to pick up on it upto now

Yeah, sounds like they got wind of a suit, maybe. then put a couple of other articles together and made up a story. Granted, something's going on - but it's probably far less dramatic than this article is making it out to be.

OK---sorry if this is rambley.......if Adam is sueing the accountants because they obviously missed that the housekeeper was ripping him off--why wouldn't the rest of the guys vote to fire the accountants? I'd be pissed if I got ripped off and the people I paid to protect my finances failed to and my co-workers continued to employ them.....

I can see why there would be 'tensions'

OK---sorry if this is rambley.......if Adam is sueing the accountants because they obviously missed that the housekeeper was ripping him off--why wouldn't the rest of the guys vote to fire the accountants? I'd be pissed if I got ripped off and the people I paid to protect my finances failed to and my co-workers continued to employ them.....

I can see why there would be 'tensions'

Considering the source of this information, it's quite possible they are all involved in the suit. Makes better copy if it's Adam Vs U2, IMO.
They're only trying to sell papers, not tell us the truth. I'll be awaiting a legitimate source before I start worrying.

One decade they're cavorting with hookers, the next they're suing accountants.

Rock stars, they just ain't what they used to be :shrug:

:lol:

I'm hoping for one of them to do the "I'm fifty, so I can look like a wild homeless guy if I want to, damn it!" look. (once they all hit that age, of course.) :D

Here is the only other article about this, and it from the "Irish central" whatever that is, now i would still love to know what they are talking about when they say "mounting troubles"? what mounting troubles?

i don't think we're allowed to talk about the band's personal lives

Nah, The Edge did that in 87 :wink:

No, no, that was the greasy bum look (to be honest, I think they were all channeling the greasy bum look that year...). I want the really wild homeless guy look. You know the one -- it's the "oh my god, is that Charlie Manson?" look. :D

How does this = Adam being "bored"? He hired a forensic accountant to take a look through his books when the housekeeper thing came out. That sort of inquiry usually allows the person to see other areas, if there are any, that seem amiss. Further action where warranted would be the natural outcome of that, and more power to him.

Also, it'lll be a matter of public record, so it won't be that hard to confirm the story.

The phrase "tearing the band apart" struck me as overly dramatic when I first read this. Some writers are just too eager for U2 to have problems and break up so they can have more stuff to write about.

It makes sense that Adam would want this accountant to take responsibility for not noticing that his money was being stolen, but it does make me wonder how the rest of U2 are dealing with this.

The phrase "tearing the band apart" struck me as overly dramatic when I first read this. Some writers are just too eager for U2 to have problems and break up so they can have more stuff to write about.

It makes sense that Adam would want this accountant to take responsibility for not noticing that his money was being stolen, but it does make me wonder how the rest of U2 are dealing with this.

To be fair the rest of the band are probabley on Adams side, people change accountants all the time.

Back
Top Bottom