Random Music Talk CXXXI: Interference Finally Gets Its Revenge on Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's so awesome.

Can't wait to see how Laz makes it negative. I'm going for either "pathetic of Coldplay to use Michael J Fox to try to enhance their image" or "what a shame that Michael J Fox would choose Coldplay to go on stage with"

why-not-both-why-not.gif

So the Big Thief bassist has left due to "interpersonal reasons". Reading an article, it straight up mentions he is Israeli. Which got me curious. Had a look on Twitter. A Pitchfork writer says "zionist be gone". So perhaps the irreconcilable differences relate to Palestine!

Malkmus has a new band, The Hard Quartet, with Jim White from Dirty Three.

And Japandroids, an odd band that I've always really resonated with, have announced their final album... after seven years of silence.

LC! was finally BNM’ed. I haven’t heard the album yet - waiting to get the vinyl and Apple Music fucked it up - but I’m happy for them to get this recognition even if it doesn’t mean as much as it did in the past.

I follow the reviewer Ian Cohen on twitter (he also co-hosts the great pod Indiecast with Steven Hyden), and someone commented on one of his posts that Ryan Schrieber reportedly hated LC! and that their scores were always lowered at his insistence to keep it from happening before.

What an asshole.

At any rate, I wish Shouter was here to see this. :sad:

LC! was finally BNM’ed. I haven’t heard the album yet - waiting to get the vinyl and Apple Music fucked it up - but I’m happy for them to get this recognition even if it doesn’t mean as much as it did in the past.
Allez les campesinos. So happy. Can't wait to hear it and the CJenk record when they arrive.

I just spent two hours watching André 3000 play an array of flutes 15 metres from me, backed by a full band. It moved through ambient jazz to muzak to the fucked part of Echoes to spoken word to the tortured horns of Bowie's Berlin period. I already loved the fuck out of him and now I love him about a million times more.

Back
Top Bottom