New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buried in this article about the new Tiesto Atomic City remix, U2songs reports they expect the album will be announced soon.

Might just be an educated guess - I suppose it would have to be announced by end of July at the latest, in order to get it out this year, given vinyl production. Then again, they'd probably indicate if they were feeling pessimistic about that. Fingers crossed.

They were playing SOE to journalists in the summer of 2017, before releasing it in December.

They teased and released the Blackout in August, if I recall, and Best thing came out in September

I'd guess we're looking at something similar if it's happening this fall? They seem to like quiet summers, and then ramp things up for fall.

They were playing SOE to journalists in the summer of 2017, before releasing it in December.

They teased and released the Blackout in August, if I recall, and Best thing came out in September

I'd guess we're looking at something similar if it's happening this fall? They seem to like quiet summers, and then ramp things up for fall.
Looks like they released that live video of the Blackout in late July 2017, but The Best Thing wasn't out until September, and the album itself wasn't announced until November (I remember The Best Thing being marketed as 'a song of experience', rather than as the lead single for an album).

I suppose they could have a similarly staggered approach this time, though I wonder if they could also do something 'tidier' and only release one song as a lead single, later in the year/closer to the album launch than what they did with Blackout/SoE?

I suppose we're likely to know one way or the other by late July/August if the album's out this year, given vinyl pressing - I imagine some info would leak about that.

I didn't even notice it, so glad he made it through that.
Yeah. I mean the dude has had a rough go over the last 10-12 years.

He was looking pretty trim and fit for the release of SOI….then the bike accident and heart surgery zapped whatever youth was remaining

I will say Adam and Edge have aged gracefully.

Larry…seems like a lot of surgery no ?

Bono is looking happy, fit and healthy, so for that we should all be grateful.

He's had a hell of a rough time compared with the others in recent years. Adam and Edge in particular are "Hollywood" 60-somethings thanks to the lives they've had.

Those glasses though... how long must we suffer them?! Hopefully a new album and tour means new sunglasses.

Well thankfully Adam got sober and his past unhealthy habits don't seem to have affected his life or appearance to an extreme degree now. Just for an example - Keith Richards

Edge did go through the illness of his daughter and who knows what else in his life. But he definitely appears to be blessed with naturally maintaining a more youthful appearance and a slim weight.

I never knew that Bono and Edge's yacht has a baby grand piano and a movie theater until I read the article that contains this picture-geez wow. That's Taylor Swift level money. Just wish all four of them good health.

Here come a ton of articles about the botched release. Hopefully with some reassessments of the music beyond the controversy. SOI is IMHO the best and most interesting and coherent record since Pop.
Yes agreed. Of everything post HTDAAB (which in my opinion is U2's last classic album), SOI is my favorite album musically. Sucks that they did the iTunes thing the way they did.

It's got a couple of clunkers including one of their worst songs ever (SFS), but overall, it's very good. Miles better as a whole than SOE. Imagine if they had just included Crystal Ballroom in place of SFS and opened with Reach Around as planned. Could have been a stone-cold classic.

It's got a couple of clunkers including one of their worst songs ever (SFS), but overall, it's very good. Miles better as a whole than SOE. Imagine if they had just included Crystal Ballroom in place of SFS and opened with Reach Around as planned. Could have been a stone-cold classic.
Wish they would have included Invisible as well even if it was released 6 months prior. 2 great songs that should have been on the album. I'm a bit of a sucker for SFS, so it doesn't bug me too much.

the most frustrating part of the entire thing is that it truly did seem like another U2 moment, albeit a smaller one than in the past - Invisible and Ordinary Love did about as well as standalone releases from an aging rock band could do. hell, bono even looked the best he's looked in a while with his faux hipster thing.

and then, well, they went and spammed the world - bono smashed his face before they had a chance to try and make things right, and when the fucker came back he had sun in dyed blonde hair.

Back
Top Bottom