Global Pandemic Part V: Enjoy a Corona while flying Delta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first vaccine for a deadly virus that has ravaged the world for centuries hit the market shortly after these so-called covid "vaccines" unleashed tyranny on society. Coincidence? I think not.

I’m at my parents house. They had Fox News on. I gave them my usuals schpeel about how Fox News is propaganda and they should try to watch less of it. I especially highlighted the negative tone on vaccines (and in some cases like Tucker Carlson, outright opposition).

My dad is a doctor. My mom is a nurse. They’re both proud that they were amongst the first people to be vaccinated. Yet, when I make claims that Fox News has anti-vaccine rhetoric, my dad decided to die on the hill proclaiming Fox News sends a message that supports getting vaccinated. He was adamant. He refused to acknowledge anything, even after I read him multiple quotes and played him videos of Tucker Carlson’s nonsense. Literally, Laura Ingram is on the television with a banner that said something like “big pharma hides natural immunity strengths” or some shit. And yet he refused to acknowledge it. ARE THESE PEOPLE JUST THAT FAR GONE? Jesus fuck.

I mean the answer to that question is yes. He was trying to give ME advice on not reading into news because it’s all just political (lol). When I said it was them who have abandoned it, I cited an earlier example of my mother storming off earlier that day because I told her to stop watching Fox News. Why? We were talking about The Crown, and she was like how did the Queen have such rotten children? I said they’re not necessarily all *rotten* aside from Prince Andrew. And she said “yes him, him and her grandson that Harry. He used to be good but ever since that Meghan.” -stop watching Fox News mom- “I’m entitled to my opinion.” This woman is literally relating Prince Andrew and Meghan Markle in detestability!
Anyways, I explained this incidence to my dad and he then decided to tell me “no that’s not fair, this is well established not just on Fox News.” So I said sure, The Sun, same company, but it doesn’t really matter. Right wing and left wing propaganda news exists everywhere. So he goes “no everyone in Britain hates her.” I tried to explain to him that that’s not the case at all, just the people he’s exposed to. This is where it gets absolutely crazy. He refuses to back down, and I’m telling him the politicization is the same there as it is here, and only old boomers and conservatives give a flying fuck about Harry and Meghan Markle, and if anything young people don’t give a fuck about the Royal family. They’re like a god damn meme running strong on west end. I explained to him that I’ve spent a lot of time in the UK having lived there recently and otherwise being the only person from our family who regularly visits family in Northern Ireland. So my boomer dad says “I lived in the UK for 5 years.” The man is 76. I’m pretty sure his 5 years were like… Beetlemania. He’s been like 1 time in the past 20 years.
Thus ends the story of Fox News and vaccines and my boomer parents and how important and sensitive of a subject Meghan Markle is because she is so awful she corrupted Harry everyone! She corrupted Harry!!!
There is no hope.

there is an understanding amongst my father and i that we will not speak about trump, fox, or, frankly, anything political.

thankfully he got vaccinated.

It’s kind of hard to not talk about Fox News when they have it going 24/7 on multiple TVs in the house. As far as my dad goes, the whole conversation started because I asked him to turn it off or change the channel.

The last time my dad said anything remotely political in a venue that I was either present or in public was, predictably enough, on Facebook on January 7th.

It was a quick detour down the "maybe it was Antifa" road, which I proceeded to blast him over, considering that the pipe bombs were, oh, a block and a half away from where his 3 year old grandson was in preschool (and in an area where they used to regularly go on walks).

It was a moment which honestly could have easily spiraled down the way of another parent/child relationship lost to Trumpism, but thankfully he wised up and backed off.

This, uh, probably doesn't belong in the pandemic section though

Thank goodness my parents are left of center.

Same. I'm really sorry for those of you who have to deal with this insanity from your parents.

(There are many of my relatives who are much more conservative and buy into a lot of this kind of rhetoric, but thankfully I rarely ever see them, and I haven't been on Facebook in ages, so I don't have to deal with reading or hearing their nonsense regularly.)

Maybe this is why we are the angrier members and y’all are the chiller members.
I have zero doubt that my father and a few other family members and one close friend coming under the spell or the Trump cult is what's made me so religiously against him from the very beginning.

That and not liking Nazis.
Let’s make a thread about our parents
Post it and they will come

Throw foxnews up there too

They’re already out there questioning how effective are vaccines if he died while being fully vaccinated

Failing to mention he was battling a form of cancer which weakened his immune response

It’s very sad. While what he did to sell the lies of the Iraq Ware by using his then unimpeachable credibility are kind of unforgivable, he was a true statesman and an American success story of the best kind.

Throw foxnews up there too

They’re already out there questioning how effective are vaccines if he died while being fully vaccinated

Failing to mention he was battling a form of cancer which weakened his immune response

Looks like mixing & matching of boosters has been blessed by FDA :up:

And clinical trials is showing 3 shots of Pfizer has strong 95% efficacy

Sign me up now

Looks like mixing & matching of boosters has been blessed by FDA :up:

Really glad this has proven to be the case and glad they this. I’m exhausted by the lame superficial social caste system of which “gang” people belong to lol. Exciting to think it’ll be simpler and more “just go get a shot, any shot.”

Florida’s COVID numbers continue to drop
https://www.wokv.com/news/local/floridas-covid-numbers-continue-drop/H3Q4ENG6PNCKHJ3BGSUT62VJ4I/

JACKSONVILLE, Fla — In its weekly report, the Florida Department of Health says the state had 19,519 new positive COVD cases, a drop of nearly 6,200 compared to last week’s report. This marks the seventh straight week Florida’s case numbers have dropped.

While the state numbers have been on the decline for 7 weeks, it’s been much longer for Duval County. The county reported 710 new cases, a drop for the eleventh week in a row.

Florida’s COVID numbers continue to drop
https://www.wokv.com/news/local/floridas-covid-numbers-continue-drop/H3Q4ENG6PNCKHJ3BGSUT62VJ4I/

JACKSONVILLE, Fla — In its weekly report, the Florida Department of Health says the state had 19,519 new positive COVD cases, a drop of nearly 6,200 compared to last week’s report. This marks the seventh straight week Florida’s case numbers have dropped.

While the state numbers have been on the decline for 7 weeks, it’s been much longer for Duval County. The county reported 710 new cases, a drop for the eleventh week in a row.
No surprise, coincides with summer ending, weather getting more tolerable, folks spending more time outside and less cooped up in AC, reverse summer effect.

Between the increases in vaccination from the mandates and the natural immunity gained at the bloody hands of those who refused, we have rounded the corner on delta.

The only question left is whether or not this is it and we can see an end to this disaster in the coming months, or if we're just in another valley that will ultimately peak again because there are too many people too selfish to do their part to end this shit.

Between the increases in vaccination from the mandates and the natural immunity gained at the bloody hands of those who refused, we have rounded the corner on delta.

The only question left is whether or not this is it and we can see an end to this disaster in the coming months, or if we're just in another valley that will ultimately peak again because there are too many people too selfish to do their part to end this shit.

Anyone that’s eligible and has a brain is boosting up and most of the kids will be taken care of before end of year.

Biden should’ve locked down commercial air travel well before the holidays to really drive it home. Fuck em.

Back
Top Bottom