U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   U2 and the presidential candidates (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/u2-and-the-presidential-candidates-87090.html)

U2andPolitix 01-18-2004 03:54 PM

U2 and the presidential candidates

I've noticed at various Gephardt and Dean rallies that Streets was playing in the background and today as I was watching a Kerry rally on my beloved C-SPAN they were playing Beautiful Day. In y'alls opinions, who do you think Bono would support the most? It doesn't matter whether or not you support that candidate, but who would Bono think is best? Personally I have no clue.

verte76 01-18-2004 04:28 PM

I don't think Bono is supporting a presidential candidate because he wants to keep partisan politics out of his African work. Besides which, he's an Irish citizen who can't vote in U.S. elections. He's said the president he's working with now is George Bush, and that's that, more or less. If a Democrat wins next year obviously he'll try to make connections with that Administration, but right now the Administration he wants connections with is the Bush Administration because they're it right now.

U2andPolitix 01-18-2004 04:56 PM

i know that he can't vote and i know that he's not supporting a candidate i'm saying IF he did, who do you think he would.

deep 01-18-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by U2andPolitix
i know that he can't vote and i know that he's not supporting a candidate i'm saying IF he did, who do you think he would.
A B B

Bono's shades 01-18-2004 06:09 PM

When I went to hear John Edwards speak a couple weeks ago he said something that sounded like it could have come from Bono. I can't remember the exact words, but it had to do with the importance of helping out with the AIDS crisis in Africa, and how doing things like this will spread goodwill toward the United States as opposed to the animosity many poorer nations feel toward us, thereby helping to prevent terrorism. I don't think I'm saying it very well, but you get the idea.

Katey 01-18-2004 06:14 PM

Quote:

"I don't support any poltical party.. I do like parties though"... Bono at the Liberal Convention
In the odd chance that they were ever to support anyone I would think a good one would have been Wesley Clark..

Bono will support whoever gets into office and no one until then, he is non partisan I believe he has to be.. actually I correct that .. he won't support the party be he will work with them

As for the rest of the members .. have they ever supported anyone in Ireland??? Maybe Allie.. I hear her name came up again to run..

Headache in a Suitcase 01-18-2004 06:37 PM

ali hewson

PennyPyro 01-18-2004 06:48 PM

um...Ali Hewson? Running for what?

Katey 01-18-2004 06:57 PM

it's the continuing rumour of Ali for President..

Quote:

In an article published in the Irish News this week, Ali was once again listed among several of Irelandís power players vying for the figurehead position (the Irish president does not have executive or a policy role in government). Could Ali, who possesses a political science degree, really be interested in the position? Itís anyone guess. Two years ago, she denied any interest in the position, but time can affect oneís feelings. In any case, we are amused by the notion of calling Bono the ďhusband of the president
https://u2log.com/archive/002692.shtml

Sherry Darling 01-18-2004 07:28 PM

Dean played "Beautiful Day" at the thingy I went to for him this summer. :)

I'd consider changing my citizenship to vote for a candidate like Ali Hewson. Course, I want to live in Ireland anyway, so it's no huge hardship. :p

verte76 01-18-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sherry Darling
I'd consider changing my citizenship to vote for a candidate like Ali Hewson. Course, I want to live in Ireland anyway, so it's no huge hardship. :p
Me too. I used to joke that I wanted to steal Vaclav Havel from the Czechs so I could vote for him for President. :wink: There's no way we could steal Ali. She'll steal us, perhaps??:wink:

iak 01-18-2004 09:28 PM

There is no place in the white house for liberals!:rant: :censored: :down: :yuck:

BVS 01-19-2004 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by iak
There is no place in the white house for liberals!:rant: :censored: :down: :yuck:
There's a nice intelligent response.:|

ILuvLarryMullen 01-19-2004 12:39 AM

:applaud: I love liberals! :up: :D :up:

Moonlit_Angel 01-19-2004 03:38 AM

Yay for liberals! :D. And for conservatives, too!

Quote:

Originally posted by Sherry Darling
:yes: Ditto.

Angela

verte76 01-19-2004 11:51 AM

We need both liberals and conservatives for our democracy to work.

U2andPolitix 01-19-2004 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by verte76
true true. i am a liberal but i would be so incredibly bored if everyone was of the same ideology.

verte76 01-19-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by U2andPolitix

true true. i am a liberal but i would be so incredibly bored if everyone was of the same ideology.

Same here. :yes: :yes:

Moonlit_Angel 01-20-2004 01:16 PM

Quote:

Exactly. Both bring many good things to the table, and there's people I have much respect for on both sides of the aisle. :).

Angela

deep 01-20-2004 01:20 PM

Quote:

This could only come from a liberal.:wink:

Conservatives have no tolerance for liberals and are very happy with Republicans freezing out Democrats from the legislative process.