U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   Mosque bombed in Iraq!! (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/mosque-bombed-in-iraq-85539.html)

verte76 12-09-2003 10:29 AM

Mosque bombed in Iraq!!

I've just heard that a Sunni mosque in Iraq has been bombed. I don't have any particulars on the incident but the very idea of a mosque being bombed, this one a Sunni mosque, is very disturbing. This is really bad news.:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

verte76 12-09-2003 11:02 AM

The mosque is in Baghdad, in the middle of the "Sunni Triangle". The mosque's leading cleric is *quite* angry at the American troops. This is Saddam's territory, I understand that. I'm just angry and upset about an attack on a religious building.

verte76 12-09-2003 12:00 PM

In related news, there is a report in the Turkish Daily News that Al-Qaeda is cutting its force in Afghanistan to invest more in anti-American attacks in Iraq and neighboring countries, including Turkey. I don't quite see how the bombing of a Sunni mosque fits into this. A Shia mosque, yes, because the Wahhabists don't like the Shia at all. They are Sunni Moslems themselves. Is this some sort of twisted "suicide plot"? In Islam, suicide is a huge sin. Murder is a huge sin. These murderers are not Moslems. They are terrorists.:mad: :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored:

STING2 12-09-2003 04:51 PM

I think Saddam loyalist would love to create friction between Sunni and Shia elements because of all the problems that could cause for the coalition. So I think this was the work of them.

I think it will be easier to capture and kill Al Quada members if they try to get into Iraq.

verte76 12-09-2003 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by STING2
I think Saddam loyalist would love to create friction between Sunni and Shia elements because of all the problems that could cause for the coalition. So I think this was the work of them.

I think it will be easier to capture and kill Al Quada members if they try to get into Iraq.

Yeah, I think you're right. How cynical do they come? Damn terrorists. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

AcrobatMan 12-09-2003 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by STING2

precisely... less attacks on american civilians which is a good thing, IMHO

verte76 12-10-2003 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AcrobatMan

precisely... less attacks on american civilians which is a good thing, IMHO

Easier than trying to get them in Afghanistan, with its treacherous landscape??

verte76 01-09-2004 06:07 PM

Oh, no! There's been another mosque bombing in Iraq! It was a Shi'ite mosque in the "Sunni triangle". :censored: The people were just finishing Friday evening prayers when the attack occurred. Six people were killed, more were injured. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

verte76 01-09-2004 07:46 PM

A bomb was detonated at another Shi'ite mosque in the same town, just north of Baghdad. Some people are starting to complain that there is a danger of religious civil war in Iraq. Gosh, I hope not.