U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   PLEBA Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/)
-   -   Elevate Me Edge Friday!!! (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/elevate-me-edge-friday-73950.html)

rockonedge 03-16-2003 07:42 PM

hmm. this is really long. :shrug:

*sings* Guess who's back. Back again
. Roe is back. Tell a friend. Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back. *bops head* nah na na na na. nah na na na.

Wow. I hate that song. Oh well.

BUT!!!

I WENT TO NEW YORK!!!!

:dance: :dance: :hyper:

I had such a great great time, i'd never been before. My hotel was right in times square, and i got to see three shows....Chicago, Stomp, and Blue Man Group (those funky guys from the pentium commercials and the grammys. that was the best out of the three by far.).

But that wasn't the best part.
Oh no no no.

I saw.....

*dramatic pause*

rockonedge 03-16-2003 07:44 PM

THE KMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D

And you all know what i'm talking about. Unlike the rest of the people from my group. Who just gave me these really scared looks when i started laughing giddily. And jumping up and down. And trying to make intelligible noise. You see, what happened, we ended up having to take the subway to stomp b/c we were staying in times square. And of course, since i'd never been before, i had no idea where *anything* is in ny. Heck, i didn't even know the kmart where they announced POPmart was in new york. It happened something like this.

Me: *waltzes up out of the station* *turns around* :ohmy: :shocked: Wwwwait. Is that? :eeklaugh: ITS THE KMARTT!!!! *points* Look! guys!!!

Group: :huh: :eyebrow: Its, uh, a kmart.

Me: Yes!! But that is a very very special kmart!!

Group: Is this a U2 thing?

Me: Uh, yeah. Actually. :hyper: THEY ANNOUNCED POPMART HERE!!

Group: Its a kmart.

Me: OY!! I FORGOT MY CAMERA!!! :angry: SHOOT!! I NEED A PICTURE OF THE KMART! *thinks* *to guy from our group* Can i borrow yours?

rockonedge 03-16-2003 07:45 PM

So that was quite an adventure. But no!! There was more U2ness in my weekend! B/c, you see, i also went to the Museum of Television of Radio. And they let you watch any television show in their huuuuuuuge archive, and then they give you a printout w/ the shows you picked and you go down to this special room to watch them. And guess what they had?

The premiere of the Ben Stiller Show. Funniest thing ever. Of course, i watched it for the U2 sketch mock rockumentary. But only things a U2 fan would get. Things like why it would be strange to be playing bullet at a bar mitzvah. Edge playing the "chava naguiela" (i know i didn't spell that right...but it was hilarious) If you guys haven't seen it, you really should. Oh, and Ben Stiller makes a REALLY REALLY hot Bono. Even though i'm an edger. He looks so like him when he's done up right.

OH. But even better than U2 at the bar mitzvah was the parody of One. You might have seen the lyrics somewhere before....imagine all the one videos, as a big advertisement for lucky charms. Oh my gosh. So :censored: hilarious. They did a really good job of making it look like the real video. Down to the curved scar on "bono" 's chin... And andy dick was adam. Quite amusing. Random buffalo showing up in the bar.

:lmao: You all really should download the song or the video from kazaa if you haven't. Its definitely something that should be filed under Something Only Obsessive Insane U2 Fans Would Find Amusing.

But still. Ben stiller as Bono= :drool:
Too bad the edge actor wasn't as much of a resemblance! :(

I made sure to have them find Red Hot + Blue for me too, night and day was cool.

I went downtown to ground zero too.....it wasn't what i thought it was. Its just this big hole swarming with construction workers...its still such an emotionally charged place....especially when i saw
Quote:

One Love. One Life. -U2
scratched on the memory wall, i just burst into tears....quite moving.

As i was hinting at, i was on a constant lookout for Bono and Edge over the weekend, i always made sure to have my POP booklet and a pen with me at least, even to the shows. No such luck though, but i still had an awesome time. I missed you all on friday.....sorry i couldn't say where i was. But wow! i've rambled tons! i need to do hw!

Quote:

Originally posted by Jam Jar
wow!! 9 pages! wonderful pics- especially the jtree ones from spanisheyes, and i looove your sig, rockonedge! :)
Awww, thanks!! I :heart: it too.

rockonedge 03-16-2003 07:55 PM

Here are the lyrics. :lol: :laugh:

Have you had your breakfast?
Why not try the best?
I'm talking about Lucky Clovers--
Why don't you put them to the test?
And...one bowl
Won't be enough...
One box, you know you'll eat it right up
They're fun...and so delicious
Eight Essential vitamins and they're magically nutritious
One bowl and it's running low
One box you know it's gonna go...
Did I eat too much?
More than a lot...
You give me one box
Now it's all I got
One bowl and I've got to share it, baby, got to share it...
Lucky Clovers...

SpanishEyes21 03-16-2003 09:17 PM

Hi rockonedge:wave:

Im glad your back.

I went to NY on my senior trip in high school which was a longggg time ago. I would love to go back.

It sounds like you had a good time:yes:

arw 03-16-2003 09:19 PM

Did everyone remember to watch VH1 tonite and see our Edge? :cute:

SpanishEyes21 03-16-2003 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by arw9797

I dont have cable :reject: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

arw 03-16-2003 09:36 PM

:ohmy:

:sad:

Edge was cute. Hopefully someone can put it online so you can see it.

u2popmofo 03-16-2003 11:23 PM

Quote:

Our?

arw 03-16-2003 11:59 PM

Who else's Edge would I be talking about Mofo?

*wonders why Mofo is in a pleba thread*

u2popmofo 03-17-2003 12:00 AM

Quote:

*wonders why Mofo is in a pleba thread*
I've missed you all too much

arw 03-17-2003 12:01 AM

I knew it. :kiss:

u2popmofo 03-17-2003 12:04 AM

I like your new sig/avatar by the way.

arw 03-17-2003 12:12 AM

thanks. me too. I love my sig. It's my favorite for sure.

IWasBored 03-18-2003 11:34 AM

:wave: hey!!!!!!!! 11 pages!!!!!!!!!!! awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm gutterminded!! gah...i can't beleive i just admited to that...well, not like it's some kind of secret anymore :mac: and i can't pm people...*hopes that erised reads this thread again, or someone else can send me the links*

:shifty: ok i'll stop it with the !!!!!'s...damn....it took about an hour to get through those pictures (ok, 20 minutes...but i didn't even wait to load all the attatched files that soulnation posted, so had i done that, it would have taken an hour, and had i tried to quote everyone's pictures that nearly made me fall off my chair, i'd have taken even longer to post)

glad you had a good time in ny, rockonedge! and saw the kmart! there's something insanley fun about obscrue band-jokes. my mom comes in my room to see why i'm awake at 4 am on friday/saturday:
mom: why are you awake---whay are you playing with legos at this hour!?!
iwb: *holds up a mass of yellow legos* look! it's the lemon!!
mom:...
iwb: THE lemon!! from the popmart tour!
mom:...goodnight...
(yes that was a true story. this did happen on friday/saturday at 4 am. it took me til 5 to get the lemon perfectly even, and looking like a lemon. it's only about 8 inches tall, but i had a serious lack of yellow legos, and even though the REAL lemon was a mirror ball, i didn't have mirror ball legos, and yellow had to do...and since then i have built the arch, the video screen, there's a stage, and an olive.it's almost done :D)

on saturday:
my sister: now what the hell are you building??
iwb: stairs
my sister: stairs for what?
iwb: the stairs that lead out of the lemon
my sister:...
iwb: so they can get out of the lemon and on to the stage
my sister: :eyebrow: who's going in that lemon??
iwb: *points to a bunch of legos that ALMOST look like they could pass as popmart u2*
my sister: you're fucking insane...

arw...:lmao: you and JT edge...:lmao: :up:

rockonedge 03-18-2003 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by IWasBored

glad you had a good time in ny, rockonedge! and saw the kmart! there's something insanley fun about obscrue band-jokes. my mom comes in my room to see why i'm awake at 4 am on friday/saturday:
mom: why are you awake---whay are you playing with legos at this hour!?!
iwb: *holds up a mass of yellow legos* look! it's the lemon!!
mom:...
iwb: THE lemon!! from the popmart tour!
mom:...goodnight...
(yes that was a true story. this did happen on friday/saturday at 4 am. it took me til 5 to get the lemon perfectly even, and looking like a lemon. it's only about 8 inches tall, but i had a serious lack of yellow legos, and even though the REAL lemon was a mirror ball, i didn't have mirror ball legos, and yellow had to do...and since then i have built the arch, the video screen, there's a stage, and an olive.it's almost done :D)

on saturday:
my sister: now what the hell are you building??
iwb: stairs
my sister: stairs for what?
iwb: the stairs that lead out of the lemon
my sister:...
iwb: so they can get out of the lemon and on to the stage
my sister: :eyebrow: who's going in that lemon??
iwb: *points to a bunch of legos that ALMOST look like they could pass as popmart u2*
my sister: you're fucking insane...

:laugh: :lol: Thats hilarious. I :heart: legos. I think they should release special U2 legos for people like us. I was so bored in physics one day that i started drawing out the entire stage mini sized on the back of my notes. I also doodle little drawings of edge with a beanie, its fun to do, all my papers are covered in little edge faces. I can make cute little cartoons of him now :D . Tis fun. U2 inside jokes rock, b/c only U2 people get them, and the people who instantly get them are instantly cool! I wrote this play once, and i tried to work in as many little U2 things as i could, like this one character that randomly yells out ACHTUNG BABY! and runs off stage. I tried to play it off by saying "its from The Producers" but my teacher was like "its also a U2 album! ;) "

What can i say. I'm so transparent in my obsessiveness. But technically the album did get its name from producers, so that is slightly valid :p .

IWasBored 03-19-2003 12:09 PM

i was in the mall yesterday because we had to pick up some camping stuff for my brother, and i got dragged along (punishment for making everyone go to the library, perhaps) and there was a "caution wet floor" sign, and it said achtung on it and i pointed this out to my mom and brother, and they thought i was crazy...again...the thing is, they LIKE u2...which again reminds me that there's a difference between someone who likes the band and an actual fan...my mom likes u2, and she watched the making of the JT video, but she kept making all sorts of comments like 'oh it must be cowboy hat day' or 'brian eno has pointy ears' (he does, and i thought that was funny) or 'that guy [lanois] looks like he's part of the mafia! look at his suit!' or 'oh my god...those glasses :eeklaugh:' (about adam's glasses)

legos are great :yes: i'm going to take some pictures, then take apart my popmart and build an elevation stage...it'll be easier...i'm not taking apart that lemon though :no: too much work went into that!

maybe i'll wait til the pictures are developed before i take it apart, cos i want to make sure they come out ok first...

Triumph 03-21-2003 12:29 PM

This thread is so deserving of my poop.

Especially all the posts by IWB and arw.

IWasBored 03-21-2003 02:27 PM

*wonders why this triumph fellow reminds me of headache*

u2popmofo 03-21-2003 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Triumph
This thread is so deserving of my poop.

Especially all the posts by IWB and arw.

I was showing my roommate Interference.

I have to admit, I directed him on who and where to attack.....