U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   october appreciation thread! (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/october-appreciation-thread-63670.html)

KhanadaRhodes 09-01-2002 01:14 PM

october appreciation thread!

along with zooropa, i think this is their most underrated album. you simply don't hear people talk about it a lot. well, i want to change that. i love every song off of here, they're all fabulous. for an album that was so rushed, i think it still came off sounding pretty good.

it was also a real shame that this album didn't really get to be featured at all in the greatest hits. sure, there was the title track, but it was hidden, so it doesn't really count. who's with me? :D

FallingStar 09-01-2002 01:34 PM

Re: october appreciation thread!

Already some time ago I had an October appreciation thread October appreciation thread . :p I love that album! :heart:

scatteroflight 09-01-2002 03:09 PM

I'm totally with you! Gloria, Tomorrow and October are U2 classics--yes, classics. Rejoice is a gorgeous, exhilarating song. Stranger in a Strange Land--intriguing lyric and what an assault from the guitars and drums. I Fall Down, beautiful rich song with great piano. This album is my favourite U2 album for piano use. It is also very likely my favourite for Larry and Adam's contribution. Listen to the power on I Threw a Brick.

I never understand how anyone could call this a pale rehash of Boy. I find the music more interesting and rich, the production is beautiful, Bono's singing is better. It's a real gem, though most fans and U2 themselves have consigned it to the dustbin, to all intents and purposes.

FizzingWhizzbees 09-01-2002 03:52 PM

Gloria is easily in my top ten U2 songs. It's just beautiful, and October is a gorgeous song too.

I :heart: October. And I wish I was more articulate when talking about music. :slant:

KhanadaRhodes 09-01-2002 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FallingStar
Already some time ago I had an October appreciation thread October appreciation thread . :p I love that album! :heart:
i remember that, and i thought it was worth mentioning again. :wink:

wertsie 09-01-2002 04:30 PM

:up: October rocks! It is my second favorite U2 album. It's even hard for me to pick my favorite songs off of it because they're all so great! Of course, there's Gloria, but recently I've also come to appreciate With a Shout and Scarlet. I just want to give Larry a big hug for his awesome drum part in With a Shout!

Viva October!

Bono's shades 09-01-2002 06:26 PM

October has some great songs on it. I always find myself singing along on the final chorus of Gloria. I Threw A Brick Through A Window simply kicks butt (love Larry's drumming!), Tomorrow brings me to the brink of tears every time I hear it, and Scarlet is just beautiful.