U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   album cover (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/album-cover-60363.html)

bau2fan 07-17-2002 01:13 AM

album cover

I was wondering if anyone had a thought about the cover artwork of the new Best of record. This has been on my mind for quite some time. Considering the last albums artwork i think of a possibility. One might be the cartoon figure of Zooropa which is also included on Achtung Baby, but it's actually in the cd.

I came to this conclusion because the boy on the Best of 80-90 was the boy that was included on other several records.

I might be wrong but has anyone thought about this and has an idea? :adam: :larry: :edge: :bono:

KhanadaRhodes 07-17-2002 04:41 PM

Re: album cover

Quote:

Originally posted by bau2fan
Considering the last albums artwork i think of a possibility. One might be the cartoon figure of Zooropa which is also included on Achtung Baby, but it's actually in the cd.
i was thinking the same thing. i hope they do this cuz i love the little space baby! (or whatever he's called...) i even got a tattoo of him. :D

Swan269 07-17-2002 08:26 PM

I thought I saw someone make up a cover........it was the space boy from zooropa but I don't know where this came from...he was purple against a black and white background.

BigMacPhisto 07-18-2002 12:04 AM

The cover should just be another picture of the band at the airport. Wouldn't that be cool? :lol:

Seriously, I could care less about the cover. As long as they make the cd have a big :lemon: on it, I'm happy.

edit: changed the smiley face to something that worked better.

Laura M 07-18-2002 05:47 AM

i think they will have something simple- maybe follow the theme from the first best of- stick the guy on the front and just not have it gold maybe silver or something?

Who knows? Or there new calender is being made in august so if u looked at it when it came out u could see what pics they *might* use

BigMacPhisto 07-19-2002 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lara Mullen
i think they will have something simple- maybe follow the theme from the first best of- stick the guy on the front and just not have it gold maybe silver or something?

Silver and Gold........

adamswildhoney 07-23-2002 11:06 AM

I think that they will keep wit the idea of the first Best of!:wink:

elevatedsoul2 07-24-2002 12:33 PM

I'm kind of tired of the boy that's on War and the first best of and Boy..(Guggi's little brother, I believe.)...I hope they do something new.
I don't really care, but cover art is always cool...I hope they do something fun to look at, maybe like Achtung Baby..
I like stuff like that.

one_mofo,please 07-25-2002 03:13 AM

I think it should look like the first best of only silver and instead of the boy they do the space boy drawing with a helmet on. And just to make it even cooler, make the border arund it an old TV set.

elevatedmole 07-25-2002 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Swan269
I thought I saw someone make up a cover........it was the space boy from zooropa but I don't know where this came from...he was purple against a black and white background.
That was a very unprofessional cover some fan made -- it was just the first Best Of image with different colours and purple stripes.

I agree.. I'd love to see the melon baby on it. :D Or just fly shades.. or the lemon. Or a mirrorball ;) Many options.

And something I noticed about the first Best Of.. the Joshua Tree's colours were gold on black. Best Of 1980-1990 was black on gold. They may do something similar for this one, I suppose..

sixtoe 08-28-2002 08:28 PM

!!!

1 Attachment(s)
This is from the promotional flyer that was sent to radio stations in the US (at least here in Philly) that accompanied the "Electrical Storm" CD single. I don't have a scan of the flyer (so don't ask) but this photo apparently appeared under a caption reading "From the New Album"

A little odd for U2, but this could be the one, folks!

https://homepage.mac.com/sixtoe/.Pictures/8.jpg

KhanadaRhodes 08-28-2002 10:03 PM

:laugh: :lmao:

Bonochick 08-28-2002 10:39 PM

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigMacPhisto 08-29-2002 12:26 AM

That image would ROCK as an album cover!

bau2fan 08-29-2002 01:05 AM

I love that cover.:lmao:
If it doesn't make the cover of the Best of it should be the cover of the single at least.

teehee 08-31-2002 12:20 PM

I think the best they could do is putting the baby of achtung/zooropa on the cover with flashy colours and a cool booklet like the one of pop.

KhanadaRhodes 08-31-2002 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by teehee
I think the best they could do is putting the baby of achtung/zooropa on the cover with flashy colours and a cool booklet like the one of pop.
:yes:

MacMango 09-01-2002 01:20 AM

The one-armed, lemon-sucking, old lady!

I love it.
My only rule for the cover is "No band photos!", because that's what Interscope would prefer, and because this comp. deserves art, not marketing photos.

elevatemymind 09-01-2002 09:56 AM

I heard somewhere that there's gonna be bulls on the cover (like from the One single) :confused:

elevation2u 09-01-2002 06:34 PM

weren't they buffalos?