U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   HELP! I need pick only ONE song!! (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/help-i-need-pick-only-one-song-39210.html)

kariatari 04-05-2002 12:02 AM

HELP! I need pick only ONE song!!
 
The girls in my house are making an official Chablis House CD. Each room in the house gets to pick ONE song for the CD. I have my room to myself for this semester, so I get to pick my OWN song! (muwahaha!) The girls are expecting me to contribute a U2 song and I can't let them down! https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/wink.gif Since nobody else in my house is a massive U2 fan do I:

A) Use a song that will elicit a "what the hell?!" response
B) Use a song that they all know
C) Use a song that that they won't know but I think they will like

I'm leaning towards option C because it's always fun to rope in new U2 fans. https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/smile.gif Right now I'm thinking of going with "In A Little While," but I would like more suggestions.

Please help! It is up to me to see that the girls in my dorm become U2-corrupt!!

[This message has been edited by kariatari (edited 04-04-2002).]

Chewbacca 04-05-2002 12:14 AM

What about Always?
Chances are they've probably heard most of the albumb.
Shake them up with a cool B-side

martha 04-05-2002 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chewbacca:

Shake them up with a cool B-side

In that case, go with Big Girls or Salome, or Lady With the Spinning Head.

------------------


She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

HelloAngel 04-05-2002 12:35 AM

mmm... Dancing Barefoot, perhaps?

------------------
Music, when soft voices die,
Vibrates in the memory;
Odours, when sweet violets sicken,
Live within the sense they quicken.

~P.B. Shelley

kariatari 04-05-2002 12:38 AM

OK, I just went by the big board where you write down the song you want on the CD. It is not looking good. Here are some of the selections:

There You'll Be - Faith Hill
Red Neck Girl - The Bellamy Brothers
Someday Never Comes - CCR
Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know - Britney Spears https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/rolleyes.gif
Crawling - Linkin Park
Pop - NSync https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/mad.gif
Look What You've Done - Tree 63

GRRRR!! bad music bad music!! https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/mad.gif https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/mad.gif


martha 04-05-2002 12:50 AM

God, how could you stop puking long enough to type your post?


------------------


She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Bbug 04-05-2002 12:51 AM

(((((kariatari)))))
Be strong. https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/wink.gif

Swan269 04-05-2002 12:51 AM

Since that list is so bad, go with the longest song you can find to ease your pain...maybe "Bad" from Wide Awake in America.

HelloAngel 04-05-2002 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kariatari:
OK, I just went by the big board where you write down the song you want on the CD. It is not looking good. Here are some of the selections:

There You'll Be - Faith Hill
Red Neck Girl - The Bellamy Brothers
Someday Never Comes - CCR
Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know - Britney Spears https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/rolleyes.gif
Crawling - Linkin Park
Pop - NSync https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/mad.gif
Look What You've Done - Tree 63

GRRRR!! bad music bad music!! https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/mad.gif https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/mad.gif

YOWZA!! Hold old are those girls?!!?

zooropa16 04-05-2002 12:59 AM

acrobat
please
gone

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

kariatari 04-05-2002 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
YOWZA!! Hold old are those girls?!!?

My age. 18-21. Yes, I know. Pathetic. https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/mad.gif And I have to listen to them playing this crap in their rooms all day long!

kobayashi 04-05-2002 01:13 AM

tree 63?

they sound pretty good!
https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/biggrin.gif

HelloAngel 04-05-2002 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kariatari:

My age. 18-21. Yes, I know. Pathetic. https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/mad.gif And I have to listen to them playing this crap in their rooms all day long!

((((hugs))))

You're in good company here. https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/biggrin.gif

Achtung_Bebe 04-05-2002 01:26 AM

hahahaha I can't believe that list!!!!

Alright... rope 'em in I say (since they obviously need it)... perhaps you should go with "If You Wear That Velvet Dress"--simply because it is so uniquely U2. I just love it and it's SURE to grow on them (here's hoping)

jules 04-05-2002 06:59 AM

Go for All I want Is You from R+H. They will soon see the errors in their ways. https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/wink.gif

jules

Hewson 04-05-2002 07:09 AM

Electric Co. from UABRS...that'll give some nice contrast to N'Sync and Britney

Jack4U 04-05-2002 08:14 AM

Ultraviolet ( Light My Way )

rejoicing fan 04-05-2002 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jules:
Go for All I want Is You from R+H. They will soon see the errors in their ways. https://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/wink.gif

jules


I second All I Want is You

Giant Lemon 04-05-2002 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Swan269:
Since that list is so bad, go with the longest song you can find to ease your pain...maybe "Bad" from Wide Awake in America.
LOL! Good idea- go for the longest song you can find....a live version of Bad would be an excellent choice.

kariatari 04-05-2002 01:58 PM

More selections:

The Sign - Ace of Base
I Wanna Be With You - Mandy Moore
My Sacrifice - Creed


I've lost all hope of trying to rope em in. I'm gonna feckin' put in Numb or else the Live Aid version of Bad (Good thinkin' Swan 269!). My friend is gonna do "Subterranean Homesick Alien" by Radiohead. That oughta screw up the CD a lil bit...MUWAHAHAHAHA!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com