U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/)
-   -   The Murder Of Ahmaud Arbery (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/the-murder-of-ahmaud-arbery-222882.html)

MrsSpringsteen 05-08-2020 03:12 PM

The Murder Of Ahmaud Arbery

1 Attachment(s)
I'm sure most people have seen the video and read about this. Happened in late February in Georgia, but the father and son alleged killers weren't arrested until yesterday. Dad has connections to local law enforcement, I think he is a former police officer. And they needed the video evidence, yeah that's it. Third person who recorded it, I believe they were friends with father and son. Horrifying if they wanted it recorded. Horrifying enough that they did it.

Dad and son claim there had been a series of break ins in the neighborhood, the only recorded one this year was said to be theft of a gun from son's unlocked vehicle.

And they won't be charged with a hate crime, because such a charge doesn't even exist in Georgia.

He was 25 years old. Running down the street.

Attachment 12493

DaveC 05-08-2020 03:34 PM

the dad used to be a cop for many years.

just imagine how many other black people he framed, hurt, abused and possibly even murdered over that time.

the way they did this so mercilessly and unhesitantly and then concocted a cover story that the local police seem to have accepted at face value leads me to believe this probably isn't the first time he's done something like this.

dazzledbylight 05-08-2020 04:26 PM

Hadn't even thought that part through, DAVEC. He probably has done a a lot of damage, or worse through his years. :sad: :angry:

Violent racism certainly isn't confined to the South, still, so horrific.

MrsSpringsteen 05-22-2020 08:58 AM

(CNN)William "Roddie" Bryan Jr., the man who recorded the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery in a neighborhood outside Brunswick, Georgia, has been arrested on suspicion of murder, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Thursday.

Bryan witnessed the deadly encounter between Travis McMichael and Arbery on February 23 from a vehicle behind a pickup that stopped in the road. Gregory McMichael, who was in the bed of the pickup during the shooting, told police that Bryan had tried to help them stop Arbery earlier, according to an incident report.

MrsSpringsteen 05-27-2020 07:13 AM

The murder of George Floyd. I can't breathe, 2020. Sickening. Even a pandemic can't stop it.

Hewson 05-27-2020 07:18 AM

That video is truly sickening.

MrsSpringsteen 05-27-2020 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewson (Post 8334448)
That video is truly sickening.

It sure is. They claim he was resisting arrest, a surveillance video from an outdoor camera shows he wasn't. Guess some of these cops think they can claim anything and it will work.

Hewson 05-27-2020 07:54 AM

Even if he was resisting at first, there's the point in the video when he's lost consciousness, and witnesses are telling the cop "he's unresponsive" and he still is kneeling on his throat. This is a clear cut case of murder and 3 cases of accessory.

MrsSpringsteen 05-27-2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewson (Post 8334452)
Even if he was resisting at first, there's the point in the video when he's lost consciousness, and witnesses are telling the cop "he's unresponsive" and he still is kneeling on his throat. This is a clear cut case of murder and 3 cases of accessory.

I only saw a small portion of the video, couldn't handle watching the entire thing. They were fired, but I'm very cynical that they'll be convicted of murder and accessory. That's an insane thought to have, but considering the way these things go in this country.

Moving out of this country in the future looks better and better to me all the time.

BEAL 05-27-2020 08:31 AM

https://twitter.com/carlosgphoto/sta...700070401?s=21

Police broke up these protests with tear gas and rubber bullets.

But be part of the American Taliban and you’re allowed access to a government building

MrsSpringsteen 05-27-2020 10:29 AM

Just forced myself to watch the entire video. Just sitting here crying, complete lack of any humanity. That bastard kept his knee on that poor man's neck right up until he was dragged on to a stretcher. And that bastard cop did drag him, tossed his body like a piece of trash. Kept his knee on that poor man's neck when he was no longer breathing and was probably already dead. The other cops who stood around allowing it are just as guilty. Gutless scum.

The police were called for the alleged crime of forgery in a store.

anitram 05-27-2020 10:33 AM

The video is horrible.

But at least having these videos might change the game...somewhat. George Floyd, that lunatic woman in Central Park - we need to all see this, much as it's hideous.

MrsSpringsteen 05-27-2020 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So much outrage about kneeling NFL players

Attachment 12510

MrsSpringsteen 05-27-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitram (Post 8334463)
The video is horrible.

But at least having these videos might change the game...somewhat. George Floyd, that lunatic woman in Central Park - we need to all see this, much as it's hideous.

Yes I agree, we need to see it. I knew that if I wouldn't watch that entire video I'm part of the problem. The reality of the brutality has to be seen.

The woman in Central Park- I only saw the headlines, but she was a white woman who called the police and said that a black man wouldn't leash his dog?

Hewson 05-27-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen (Post 8334466)

The woman in Central Park- I only saw the headlines, but she was a white woman who called the police and said that a black man wouldn't leash his dog?

No, she wouldn't leash her dog in an area of the park where its required and well posted. He was bird watching, asked her to leash the dog and when she refused he grabbed dog treats from his pocket to get the dog to come to him, that's when she said she would call police and tell them "an African American man is threatening my life".

His cell phone video is embedded in this article:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/ce...rnd/index.html

Irvine511 05-27-2020 11:48 AM

The Murder Of Ahmaud Arbery

As has been pointed out, many white people are well aware of and quick to take advantage of the structural racism they pretend to know nothing about. “Oh! But I don’t see color!”

Also, don’t strangle your cocker spaniel you fucking piece of trash. So glad the dog was taken away from her.

MrsSpringsteen 05-27-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewson (Post 8334467)
No, she wouldn't leash her dog in an area of the park where its required and well posted. He was bird watching, asked her to leash the dog and when she refused he grabbed dog treats from his pocket to get the dog to come to him, that's when she said she would call police and tell them "an African American man is threatening my life".

His cell phone video is embedded in this article:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/ce...rnd/index.html

I saw the video. She was fired from her job and lost her dog.

An African American man is threatening my life! Would she have ever said a white man is threatening my life? Threatening her life?

DaveC 05-27-2020 12:21 PM

glorified hyperbole in america.

Diemen 05-27-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen (Post 8334471)
I saw the video. She was fired from her job and lost her dog.

And now she admits that this is all her fault - that she humbly accepts these consequences because of her vile, racist actions that could have endangered another man's life.

Just kidding, she's complaining that her life is being torn apart.
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b2/10/f1/b...67f4afec3c.jpg

Moonlit_Angel 05-27-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen (Post 8334465)
So much outrage about kneeling NFL players

Attachment 12510

THIS. I don't want to hear anyone bitching about football players kneeling ever again.

I haven't seen the videos, but i agree that it's good to have this stuff documented and out there. Make it that much harder for these assholes' defense to stand. For all the trouble social media can cause, it's also very helpful in moments like this. These people think they're bold and tough enough to say and do all these awful things? Fine. That means they're bold and tough enough to face the consequences of their actions, too.