U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/)
-   -   US Presidential Election Poll (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/us-presidential-election-poll-220179.html)

BVS 06-14-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregoropa (Post 8078551)
I bet we all do. We don't get bent out of shape by tweets. That's not the most important part of our worldview.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Saddest post I've seen in awhile...

#howcansomanybeblind

LemonMelon 06-14-2016 08:24 AM

Quote:

I bet we all do. We don't get bent out of shape by tweets. That's not the most important part of our worldview.

It sure isn't. The order goes:

1. Memes
2. Catchphrases
3. Inflammatory racist/sexist/homophobic comments
4. Chest-thumping rhetoric
5. Tweets

anitram 06-14-2016 09:21 AM

Quote:

So what's Trump doing through Twitter other than expressing his worldview?

Headache in a Suitcase 06-14-2016 09:30 AM

But come on guys, Bengazhi! Emails!

womanfish 06-14-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase (Post 8078581)
But come on guys, Bengazhi! Emails!

Whitewater!!!!! We will NEVER forget!

Headache in a Suitcase 06-14-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by womanfish (Post 8078590)
Whitewater!!!!! We will NEVER forget!

She didn't hate the 2nd amendment when she shot Vince Foster in the head!

Oregoropa 06-14-2016 12:20 PM

You all make me laugh. Things inside the liberal bubble are funny when you watch it from the outside.

Headache in a Suitcase 06-14-2016 12:22 PM

And things inside the GOP are tragically sad when watching from the outside.

Oregoropa 06-14-2016 12:36 PM

Let's just roast each other. Dean Martin style.

Headache in a Suitcase 06-14-2016 12:39 PM

Your party's nominee is doing a fine job of that on his own

BVS 06-14-2016 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregoropa (Post 8078612)
You all make me laugh. Things inside the liberal bubble are funny when you watch it from the outside.

Where is this imaginary liberal bubble? You honestly believe that there is just a tiny portion of isolated people that think this way about Trump? Really?

Leave Breitbart for awhile, look within your own party even, look outside the US, otherwords; look at reality, not reality TV. There's a whole REAL world out there, and most of them are laughing or fearing you.

BigMacPhisto 06-15-2016 07:00 PM

Will vote for Stein, obviously, because I'm a liberal.

Zoomerang96 06-17-2016 02:01 AM

There are that many trump fans here?

Fucking filthy. Yet another sign of the hard right turn U2 have taken since 2000. Appealing to anti-intellectuals helps pay the bills I suppose.

Mack_Again 06-17-2016 04:58 AM

I really like Jill Stein but i can't reply envisioning myself voting for her.

Oregoropa 06-17-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomerang96 (Post 8079255)
There are that many trump fans here?

Fucking Filthy .

This is the attitude that makes me think twice about doing a public poll.

Irvine511 06-17-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregoropa (Post 8079374)
This is the attitude that makes me think twice about doing a public poll.

I take your point, but do you not think it's reasonable that, as a self-described "Trumpet," that others assume you are perfectly fine with being associated with anti-Muslim bigotry, anti-Mexican bigotry, and appeals to the racist far right? Muslim ban, the "Mexican" judge, took days to renounce David Duke, insinuating that Obama "knows very well" about these terror attacks. He's also talked about his penis size in a debate.

I mean, by expressing support for the candidate is it not reasonable for you to be held responsible for also supporting these decisions and positions?

I know that we don't agree with all our candidates on everything, but isn't disagreeing on, say, the raising of the minimum wage or drone policy different than a man who is quite clearly appealing to racism?

womanfish 06-17-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 8079376)
I take your point, but do you not think it's reasonable that, as a self-described "Trumpet," that others assume you are perfectly fine with being associated with anti-Muslim bigotry, anti-Mexican bigotry, and appeals to the racist far right? Muslim ban, the "Mexican" judge, took days to renounce David Duke, insinuating that Obama "knows very well" about these terror attacks. He's also talked about his penis size in a debate.

I mean, by expressing support for the candidate is it not reasonable for you to be held responsible for also supporting these decisions and positions?

I know that we don't agree with all our candidates on everything, but isn't disagreeing on, say, the raising of the minimum wage or drone policy different than a man who is quite clearly appealing to racism?

My favorite is Trump denigrating the judge because his parents weren't born here. And now blaming the Orlando shooting because the guys parents weren't born here.

TRUMP'S PARENTS WEREN'T BORN HERE!!! HIS TWO WIVES WEREN'T BORN HERE!!!

So, that just means that white is ok, and black or brown is not.

BigMacPhisto 06-17-2016 01:31 PM

U2 has a lot of older white fans...if you got into them as a twenty year old in 1983, you'd be 53 years old at this point...all things being equal, odds are in favor that you'd be a Trump supporter.

Oregoropa 06-17-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 8079376)

Believe me, There have been many times I wanted to bitch-slap Trump for falling into making inarticulate statements in an off the cuff format

- the initial campaign announcement where he said 'they're sending rapists and murders, I assume good people' a more polished politician would make the linkages that MS-13 is crossing the border, human traffickers are sexually assaulting young kids on their way to the border, that the current administration through ICE is rereleasing thousands of illegal felons (murderers and rapists) back into the streets

- instead of saying Mexican judge has it out for, should have pointed out that he should recuse himself out of conflict of interest given Trumps immigration position. He would have done himself a better service by pointing his membership in a La Raza Lawyer Association and a law firm that gave money to Hillary.

- 'temporary ban on Muslims entering the US' statement. In recent days refined that statement to say the temporary ban should be focus on countries where terrorist activities are known to be occurring. Taking the refugees he argues is a Trojan Horse in that terrorists can hide out in the refugee population. Hasn't happened in a US attack yet, but several members of the Paris and Brussels attack cells turned out to be in the long line of refugees from Syria. Many high ranking current members of the FBI and CIA have expressed grave concerns about radical elements embedding themselves in the refugee influx. just this week a poll showed the American public supported Trumps temporary ban 50-42%

So there are moments when I have a hand to face reaction where I know his knee jerk statements open himself up to the bigotry card. But I'm voting for him because I feel he is on right side of many issues facing our country.

BVS 06-17-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregoropa (Post 8079419)
Believe me, There have been many times I wanted to bitch-slap Trump for falling into making inarticulate statements in an off the cuff format

- the initial campaign announcement where he said 'they're sending rapists and murders, I assume good people' a more polished politician would make the linkages that MS-13 is crossing the border, human traffickers are sexually assaulting young kids on their way to the border, that the current administration through ICE is rereleasing thousands of illegal felons (murderers and rapists) back into the streets

- instead of saying Mexican judge has it out for, should have pointed out that he should recuse himself out of conflict of interest given Trumps immigration position. He would have done himself a better service by pointing his membership in a La Raza Lawyer Association and a law firm that gave money to Hillary.

- 'temporary ban on Muslims entering the US' statement. In recent days refined that statement to say the temporary ban should be focus on countries where terrorist activities are known to be occurring. Taking the refugees he argues is a Trojan Horse in that terrorists can hide out in the refugee population. Hasn't happened in a US attack yet, but several members of the Paris and Brussels attack cells turned out to be in the long line of refugees from Syria. Many high ranking current members of the FBI and CIA have expressed grave concerns about radical elements embedding themselves in the refugee influx. just this week a poll showed the American public supported Trumps temporary ban 50-42%

So there are moments when I have a hand to face reaction where I know his knee jerk statements open himself up to the bigotry card. But I'm voting for him because I feel he is on right side of many issues facing our country.

Because of your non-white heritage, no matter if you're born here or not, you can't uphold American values. That's what he said. It's not a gaffe, it's not a poorly phrased response. It's a long and clear pattern. And THIS is what you are supporting.