U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   PLEBA Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/)
-   -   PGP: Meet me at the e stage (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/pgp-meet-me-at-the-e-stage-218796.html)

arw 06-13-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeevey (Post 7970035)
More likely he refused, I imagine. He wants his own damn career, not to be living in Kurt's shadow, and you can't look good in being compared to a saint.

no, he didn't refuse. Apparently he was on tour and was going to be interviewed after. After seeing the rough cut of the film the director decided to leave it as is.

jeevey 06-13-2015 02:17 PM

Oh, neat. Thanks! I wonder how Dave felt about that in the end.

arw 06-13-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domo-kun (Post 7970032)
CK is that you tweeting ?:lol:

OOh I've been meaning to watch that one myself. Good point. Was it okay?
And yes , weird not including him. But on the other hand, I'd like to see Dave recognized more for what he accomplished without Nirvana.

People always tend to blame him for piggybackriding on Kurts succes. But that's not true. I can see why he himself would avoid taking part in the Rockumentary :hmm: Or they didn't ask him. :hmm:

It was good. I was not a Nirvana fan at all back then even though all of my friends were. But I've always been into music documentaries…and I recently discovered I have HBO :reject: :der: so I decided to watch it. I was amazed by all of the home videos they have of him growing up.

arw 06-13-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeevey (Post 7970038)
Oh, neat. Thanks! I wonder how Dave felt about that in the end.

Yeah I still think the director should have made more of an effort to get some sort of present day interview with him. Krist Novoselic isn't in it that much but it was still nice to see him make an appearance. Same with Kurt's sister, dad and stepmom. Barely in it but spoke enough to get their point across. It was mainly Courtney and Kurt's mom.

The only thing I didn't like, and I hope I'm not giving anything away here by saying this because we all know Kurt's dead, but the film ends very abruptly. I distinctly remember being at a friends house watching MTV when a very distraught Kurt Loder interrupted whatever program we were watching to break the news that Kurt was dead. And then being glued to MTV for days watching any news we could get about his death, including the letter Courtney read to the fans. I was sort of expecting that to be the way the film ends but it doesn't. It focuses on his overdose in Rome, then it goes to the MTV Unplugged show, and then a blurb on the screen says how and when Kurt dies and that's it. So very weird….

domo-kun 06-13-2015 02:40 PM

I'd probably watch it too see the childhood home videos they showed during the trailer myself. I'm way to young to be a "real" nirvana fan. But I always dig their music. So I'll watch it soon.

JJAsi 06-13-2015 03:21 PM

*cough* let the page load if player aint showing ;)

Watch Kurt Cobain Montage of Heck (2015) Online Free Putlocker - Movie25

Heartland_Edge 06-13-2015 03:41 PM

:hug: so sorry to hear that Jeevey :heart:

dazzledbylight 06-13-2015 05:06 PM

:ohmy: i wasn't here earlier on so i didn't know your divorce hearing thing was on. :hug:

But :yippie: you got to go to Montreal!

:hyper: DETAILS when u can! :hyper:

dazzledbylight 06-13-2015 05:06 PM

:wave:

hi's to all! Hope u r all doing well!

see u next week!:wave:

domo-kun 06-14-2015 02:16 AM

Also CK sorry to hear about the passing away of your family member :hug: May you find comfort in the music, your family and friends.

jeevey 06-14-2015 05:44 AM

I wasn't in Montreal after all--after all that and finally being able to go, found that had lost my passport. :cry: Anyway, Boston is a month away I don't see any talking about this yet!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWFUFemGBpg

domo-kun 06-14-2015 08:16 AM

doh :( Big bummer, you'll get your revanche in boston.

Jeevey, I actually forgot about the existence of Lucifers Hands until I read that they played it last night. :uhoh:
Edge and bono sound so great together.

Galeongirl 06-14-2015 09:57 AM

So they did actually rework Stingray as well from last tour? :lol: Awesome. I had no idea.

domo-kun 06-14-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galeongirl (Post 7970697)
So they did actually rework Stingray as well from last tour? :lol: Awesome. I had no idea.

It stil reminds me of a gameboy riedeltje :D

Galeongirl 06-14-2015 01:41 PM

OH I totally forgot I was going to look up that tune for ya!

This is one that reminds me of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oJ2BCM19gM

Haven't found the exact piece yet that's nearly an exact copy of Stingray's tune. It wasn't the stage I thought it was so I'm gonna have to look into it more.

Similar, yet still not the piece I'm thinking of. I am pretty sure it was one of the tracks of Melee, so I'll keep checking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNYQbRKBmM

:crack: Going crazy over here, I KNOW I've heard this. For a second I thought it was the Pokemon 1st gen battle theme, while the Super Smash version of that (Poke floats) comes close, it's not what's in my head. One day I shall find the tune I'm thinking of. I know it was game music, and I'm pretty sure it was super smash..

domo-kun 06-14-2015 03:16 PM

You are not hallucinating. I swear I hear a small part of 1st gen battle theme in it as well. But only a minor part. :lol:

Drea 06-14-2015 07:25 PM

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG

There is no describing Montreal this weekend - Mark getting pulled up, Ordinary Love, LUCIFER'S HANDS OUT OF NOWHERE...

ETA: Almost forgot - Bell Centre has a sports bar called La Cage Aux Sports, and as it had an outside entrance you could go inside as long as you had your U2 ticket (and of course bought something). So I'm sitting at the bar with a drink and coming from behind me I could hear a bit of soundcheck... I heard BD, then there was this really rocking song that I couldn't hear Bono singing - and the bar was just noisy enough that I couldn't hear all of the guitar. I thought at the time that it was maybe Crystal Ballroom or Volcano, and when Bono announced they were doing a song they'd never done before I thought he was going to say CB - and then he said Lucifer's Hands and I might have screamed a bit :shifty: (And not had my feet touching the ground for more than 5 seconds at a time the entire song, was jumping around as much as I could being in the seats! Best part was that this was the first time my seats were at the e stage (on Adam's side, 6 rows from floor and a straight line from where the catwalk met the stage), so I had some of the best seats in the house for the whole thing!)

jeevey 06-15-2015 05:31 AM

:applaud: So happy for you! Sounds like awesome shows. Maybe we'll get Crystal Ballroom in Boston? :drool:

domo-kun 06-15-2015 01:06 PM

If they keep up this tempo of introducing new songs into rotation... I bow for my almighty band. They are on a roll.

Can't wait for what they are going to do in Europe. I'm pretty much open for anything setlist wise. I just really REALLY hope Electric Co is a keeper.

GraceRyan 06-15-2015 01:46 PM

I'm hoping for Electric Co and Bad. It would be cool if they brought back Gloria for mommy reasons. :love:

Jeevey, sorry about your divorce and it being nasty.

Yes, that is Tom hardy - Mad Max. He's one of the many men on my list. :shifty: