U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   PLEBA Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/)
-   -   PGP: Meet me at the e stage (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/pgp-meet-me-at-the-e-stage-218796.html)

arw 07-10-2015 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domo-kun (Post 7983330)

ARW, youve been to so many gigs. :drool:
The wait till september so far has been excruciating for me but thanks to you and all the others here i can at least survive with all of your stories and pics and so on.

:crack: I know…5 shows in 2 weeks. :reject: It's an amazing time and totally worth all of the money, GA stress, band meeting at the loading dock stress, and long waits in line and everything else. I had GA 3 times and seats 2 times. One of the times I had seats turned out to be one of my favorite shows of my 5. I wish I had more to go to but I'm totally out of money. I saved for a year so I could pay for it all in cash like a responsible adult and not have to charge anything. If it weren't for the lack of funds I would have gone to more shows on this leg!

domo-kun 07-10-2015 03:53 PM

Bloody lack of moneytrees everywhere. :angry: I know your problem :shifty:
I'm really curious if u2 is gonna do a second US/CAN and EURO leg.

Current plan is to stick to doing just the Amsterdam shows ( 1&2 Both GA ). Because money.
I have saved enough to buy tickets for AMS 3 and 4 too. But I'll see how that goes.. Don't see it happening yet. :giggle:

arw 07-10-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domo-kun (Post 7983920)
Bloody lack of moneytrees everywhere. :angry: I know your problem :shifty:
I'm really curious if u2 is gonna do a second US/CAN and EURO leg.

I'm going to have to consider getting a 2nd job if they announce a Dublin show. I saw them 10 years ago in Dublin and thought that was good enough but now I'm thinking I want more! It's so fun seeing them in their hometown. :drool: I'm really hoping for another round in the US/Canada. I love to travel to see this band!

BarefootDancer 07-10-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzledbylight (Post 7983890)
:wave: hello :)

if you are new to pleba u are welcome to join the PGP.

Thanks for the invite!

Hi all! :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Saw them at San Jose 2, the 4th show of this tour. Still feel a bit weird to realize they're still touring in the same country I live in (moved to the US 1,5 years ago) and doing so many shows over here..

domo-kun 07-11-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arw (Post 7983926)
I'm going to have to consider getting a 2nd job if they announce a Dublin show. I saw them 10 years ago in Dublin and thought that was good enough but now I'm thinking I want more! It's so fun seeing them in their hometown. :drool: I'm really hoping for another round in the US/Canada. I love to travel to see this band!

YEs , I love to combine traveling with seeing them too. Going to Germany and Belgium last tour was a blast.

I wanne see dublin too! :hyper: one of the things I've been shouting for years. But something always gets in the way for now. Same with California.
But hey.. I'm 23. I only just started earning a normal wage. :lol:

JJAsi 07-11-2015 01:18 PM

Ya not been in Dublin ? :ohmy:

Galeongirl 07-11-2015 01:23 PM

Nope, true Irish virgin there. :wink: She has no idea what awaits her.

arw 07-11-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domo-kun (Post 7984921)
YEs , I love to combine traveling with seeing them too. Going to Germany and Belgium last tour was a blast.

I wanne see dublin too! :hyper: one of the things I've been shouting for years. But something always gets in the way for now. Same with California.
But hey.. I'm 23. I only just started earning a normal wage. :lol:

I would like to get back to Ireland without it being a concert trip so I can focus more on sightseeing. We intentionally did not do GA for the trip so we could still get to places in the day but I would like focus more on areas of the country I didn't go to or just spent the day in without feeling like I need to get back to Dublin for concerts. It's been 10 years so I'm due for a long trip soon!

Although…I did meet a great couple in the GA line in Chicago for one of my shows and now we're FB friends. I was offered a free room to stay if the band goes to Australia next year :hmm: Doubtful for me but still fun to dream about.

dazzledbylight 07-11-2015 04:05 PM

:shifty:

Oh, jeeeeevey, yooooo hooo :D

Blah, i'll probably be gone before you arrive back! : /

Can't wait to hear you reactions! :hyper:
HOPE it was EVEN better than you imagined!!!
:hyper::hyper::hyper: :lol: :hyper: :hug:

Was thinking of you all last eve!

dazzledbylight 07-11-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarefootDancer (Post 7983960)
Thanks for the invite!

Hi all! :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Saw them at San Jose 2, the 4th show of this tour. Still feel a bit weird to realize they're still touring in the same country I live in (moved to the US 1,5 years ago) and doing so many shows over here..

:wave: where were you from originally? :D

did you see them in your previous place (country)?

it's a funny thing people from Europe, So America, Africa, much of Asia but NOT Russia, China, India or Canada experience - that you're just States instead of countries!

GLAD you got to see them here! :hyper:

dazzledbylight 07-11-2015 04:36 PM

:wave: gotta leave

go well everyone! :wave::wave:

domo-kun 07-11-2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJAsi (Post 7984927)
Ya not been in Dublin ? :ohmy:

Well... PERKELE! No.
Thats why I tought I should make it worthwhile and stick around for traveling whenever I get there.
Also everyone in boston right now! Have an amazing time!

domo-kun 07-11-2015 09:14 PM

wrong thread :(

arw 07-11-2015 09:33 PM

today I found out that my 19 year old intern doesn't know who U2 is. Never heard of them or even Bono. She didn't recognize a single picture of them and didn't know any of the songs I brought up. She didn't even hear about the iTunes album giveaway. :huh: She listens to all types of music too so I figured she would have at least heard about the iTunes thing. When I was 19 in the early 90's I knew tons and tons of bands from the '60s and '70s. It was much harder back then without the internet to get immediate info so I can't figure out how someone with technology at their fingertips cannot know who one of the biggest bands on the planet is. :|

coolian2 07-11-2015 09:54 PM

:up:

domo-kun 07-11-2015 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arw (Post 7985567)
today I found out that my 19 year old intern doesn't know who U2 is. Never heard of them or even Bono. She didn't recognize a single picture of them and didn't know any of the songs I brought up. She didn't even hear about the iTunes album giveaway. :huh: She listens to all types of music too so I figured she would have at least heard about the iTunes thing. When I was 19 in the early 90's I knew tons and tons of bands from the '60s and '70s. It was much harder back then without the internet to get immediate info so I can't figure out how someone with technology at their fingertips cannot know who one of the biggest bands on the planet is. :|

I was 20 when I saw my first U2 concert. There's a reason I went out to see them without any of my mates of the same age.

Nobody knew them. :giggle: Looooota kids get a bad or no musical background from their parents. I'm thankful I've been brought up with radio and music television since the 90's.

When your 19 right now.. All you have is reality TV, so you can't blame them.

arw 07-11-2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domo-kun (Post 7985722)
I was 20 when I saw my first U2 concert. There's a reason I went out to see them without any of my mates of the same age.

Nobody knew them. :giggle: Looooota kids get a bad or no musical background from their parents. I'm thankful I've been brought up with radio and music television since the 90's.

When your 19 right now.. All you have is reality TV, so you can't blame them.

I can understand not knowing the music but to never have even heard their name before is mind blowing to me. Between my dad's record collection and MTV I had a huge knowledge of music from past generations by the time I was 19.

I grew up on MTV. There's a Journey album called Raised on Radio but I definitely was Raised on MTV when it was MUSIC television. I miss those days!

daygloeyes2 07-12-2015 12:11 AM

Dazz, when you read this, I tried to PM you but your inbox is full! Delete your PMs! :wink:

JJAsi 07-12-2015 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domo-kun (Post 7985180)
Well... PERKELE! No.

:laugh::p:giggle:

jeevey 07-12-2015 06:10 AM

Oh you guys. It was amazing.....it's totally unreal and I am so exhausted after only two shows! I was sooo close. How close? Close enough to see the individual fuzz on Edge's arms and the IEM taped to the back of his neck. Will post all my photos when I upload!