U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/)
-   -   GARLAND, Texas 2 gunmen killed outside Muhammad cartoon contest (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/garland-texas-2-gunmen-killed-outside-muhammad-cartoon-contest-218395.html)

wolf 05-03-2015 09:46 PM

GARLAND, Texas 2 gunmen killed outside Muhammad cartoon contest
 
Quote:


GARLAND, Texas 2 gunmen killed outside Muhammad cartoon contest

GARLAND, Texas (AP) — Two armed men who opened fire on a security officer outside of a provocative contest for cartoon depictions of the Prophet Muhammad have been killed, authorities in the Dallas suburb of Garland said Sunday night.



The City of Garland said in a statement posted on its Facebook page Sunday night that two men drove up to the Curtis Culwell Center and began shooting at a security officer.
Garland Police Department officers engaged the gunmen, who were both shot and killed, the statement said.

City: 2 gunmen killed outside Muhammad cartoon contest

Why do people feel the need to engage in provocative actions insulting to people of the Islamic faith?

bono_212 05-03-2015 09:47 PM

Why is the response to such provocations to open fire?

wolf 05-03-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bono_212 (Post 7937857)
Why is the response to such provocations to open fire?

Probably the same reason why someone shoots another person because that person accidentally cut them off on the highway. For whatever reason someone is upset and tries to relieve that anger through violence. Except this action seems more planned and thought out so maybe its not the same thing.

bono_212 05-03-2015 09:54 PM

And maybe you should hold someone "losing their temper" a little more responsible for their actions, in said case?

wolf 05-03-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bono_212 (Post 7937862)
And maybe you should hold someone "losing their temper" a little more responsible for their actions, in said case?

Uh, I never assigned a lesser degree of responsibility to anyone engaged in the act of murder. I only attempted to explain why it happens.

LemonMelon 05-03-2015 10:06 PM

If your response to losing your temper is to murder the people that pissed you off, fuck you. Go to prison and stay away from the rest of us. Not really interested in anthropological discourse about people like this.

wolf 05-03-2015 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonMelon (Post 7937868)
If your response to losing your temper is to murder the people that pissed you off, fuck you. Go to prison and stay away from the rest of us. Not really interested in anthropological discourse about people like this.

Well, if you're interested in saving lives and ensuring security, you should be. Very often anger will lead to physical assault/violence of some sort but not murder. Over 10,000 people are murdered by firearms every year in the United States. The figure for simple physical assault is probably 40 or 50 times higher than that if not more. Physical assault should never be taken lightly. Even if unintentional it has resulted in death.

Galeongirl 05-04-2015 03:21 AM

I think it's fucking dumb for people to do this provocative contest, as they know what the response will be.

That doesn't make the response right, far from it. But it's not a very smart thing to do after all that's already happened with cartoonists all over the world.

Then again, shooting people for drawing cartoons is fucking stupid as well.

BVS 05-04-2015 05:54 AM

Hate on hate crime :sad:


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Babydoll 05-04-2015 06:50 AM

Cartoon contest? 'Let's see who can insult the holy prophet of Islam the most?'

Ridiculous, stupidly provocative and insulting idea.

cobl04 05-04-2015 07:07 AM

Sure, but it annoys me that every other religion can be mocked without fear of repercussion but Islam can't be touched. It shouldn't be free from mockery.

Babydoll 05-04-2015 07:09 AM

Of course. My opinion? You respond to cartoons with cartoons, not with guns.

:shrug:

anitram 05-04-2015 07:15 AM

There is no moral equivalence between the two acts, to be clear.

The first act (cartoon contest) is stupid and provocative, (arguably) unnecessary but completely legal.

The second act is criminal and reprehensible.

Irvine511 05-04-2015 08:15 AM

I'm sure this is the result the organizers of the event were hoping for.

Hewson 05-04-2015 08:32 AM

Probably never expected guns to be a factor in Texas.

Vlad n U 2 05-04-2015 08:35 AM

"American Freedom Defense Initiative"

Vlad n U 2 05-04-2015 08:40 AM

The event sounds like it was going to be a real shit show, what without Geert Wilders being sealed in a glass container and subsequently launched into the sea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobl04 (Post 7938012)
Sure, but it annoys me that every other religion can be mocked without fear of repercussion but Islam can't be touched. It shouldn't be free from mockery.

I would imagine mocking Islam in the context of Australian/American society is a different case to say, mocking Christianity in the same context.

BEAL 05-04-2015 02:05 PM

We should have the right to mock anything we want. Poor taste or not.

Blaming the cartoonist (regardless of their shitty) taste is like blaming the women for wearing provocative clothing in response to her being raped.

Show some fucking control. Instead of shooting at these people, bring light to their real motives.

Tho they did prove what bunch of shit the religion of peace mantra is.

There is no real answer to Islam other than to let them fight it out with themselves. Let's stay out of it, we cannot win no matter how much help we try to provide.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

BVS 05-04-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEAL (Post 7938170)
We should have the right to mock anything we want. Poor taste or not.

Blaming the cartoonist (regardless of their shitty) taste is like blaming the women for wearing provocative clothing in response to her being raped.

Show some fucking control. Instead of shooting at these people, bring light to their real motives.

Tho they did prove what bunch of shit the religion of peace mantra is.

There is no real answer to Islam other than to let them fight it out with themselves. Let's stay out of it, we cannot win no matter how much help we try to provide.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference


Yes, but it's like poking the sleeping lion, if the first five people who have tried have lost their face than don't poke the lion just to prove the point that he'll remove your face.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

wolf 05-04-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEAL (Post 7938170)

Tho they did prove what bunch of shit the religion of peace mantra is.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't think the behavior of two guys from Arizona define Islam.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com