U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/us-presidential-election-2016-because-its-never-too-early-218216.html)

LuckyNumber7 04-21-2015 06:44 PM

Hehe, I remember PhilsFan in 2012 going all "this isn't the election to vote 3rd party you're a total waste of a vote" and somebody else going off about it being the most important election of my lifetime (which was a load of crap statement).

Oregoropa 04-21-2015 07:12 PM

My prediction: Hillary is going to continue to struggle as the 'Clinton Cash' book rolls out. So far her campaign as appeared inauthentic. She has bussed in Democrat operatives into a meet and greet at a coffee shop. The media is not giving her as much cover as she is used to. Seeing weakness in the Clinton machine I think more people might throw their hat in the ring.

I'm not a Democrat. For those of you who generally side with Democrats who would you want to see if not Hillary?

BVS 04-21-2015 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 (Post 7932333)
Hehe, I remember PhilsFan in 2012 going all "this isn't the election to vote 3rd party you're a total waste of a vote" and somebody else going off about it being the most important election of my lifetime (which was a load of crap statement).

Will the third party vote ever not be a waste of a vote if we're still functioning under the electoral college system?

Perot and Nader were probably the 2 biggest third party runners I can think of in my lifetime, and both played a big part in handing the election over to the candidate who most opposed the third party.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

nbelcik 04-21-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregoropa (Post 7932338)
I'm not a Democrat. For those of you who generally side with Democrats who would you want to see if not Hillary?

Definitely Elizabeth Warren, a real progressive who actually stands for principles that benefits everyday Americans rather than the rich. But I fear she would be corrupted by all the money that comes with a presidential campaign, plus her foreign policy isn't there yet.

Vlad n U 2 04-21-2015 11:31 PM

How 'far' to the left (by American standards) is Warren?

PhilsFan 04-22-2015 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 (Post 7932333)

Winner take all means two parties. Third party candidates are irrelevant in America.

bono_212 04-22-2015 02:11 AM

Only because two parties are allowed to strangle the system because of funding.

anitram 04-22-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bono_212 (Post 7932438)
Only because two parties are allowed to strangle the system because of funding.

While that is a large part of it, you also have a structural problem with the winner-take-all system.

The US is not a parliamentary democracy, this in itself is the largest barricade to a multi-party system, money notwithstanding.

LemonMelon 04-22-2015 08:18 AM

Change is DUE from US voters.

This post is me taking action. Everyone currently buying into our bullshit two-party oligarchy has 1 of 2 choices. They can either take action themselves and "CHANGE" the culture here OR they can look forward to more embarrassing candidates in the future from these pissweak political parties.

Democrats, Republicans and their yes-men will not strong-arm me into keeping my mouth shut on this matter. It’s called “FREEDOM OF SPEECH”. I will no longer be a silent drone to this oppression and their tyrannical two-party system.

Things will change. I know people.

Let's make like Devin Hester and take this shit to the WHITE HOUSE.

Irvine511 04-22-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

My prediction: Hillary is going to continue to struggle as the 'Clinton Cash' book rolls out. So far her campaign as appeared inauthentic. She has bussed in Democrat operatives into a meet and greet at a coffee shop. The media is not giving her as much cover as she is used to. Seeing weakness in the Clinton machine I think more people might throw their hat in the ring.

When has the media ever given her "cover"?

Wasn't the whole argument in 2008 that the media fawned over Obama and was rough on her?

PhilsFan 04-22-2015 10:16 AM

And then the right ripped her for complaining about it until Sarah Palin was named the VP candidate and had to do a 180 on whether or not women in politics should be allowed to complain about media coverage.

Irvine511 04-22-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 (Post 7932407)
How 'far' to the left (by American standards) is Warren?

She's generally about as far left on economic issues as a mainstream US politician could ever be, at least one with a national platform. Generally, her and Bernie Sanders (an Independent from Vermont who votes with Democrats) are the two best voices the left has. They are both well respected within the party, and speak to the base. They advocate traditional American liberal policies that were modified/abandoned by Clinton "triangulation" and his move to the right after the 1994 midterms.

They'd be mainstream, centrist candidates in most Western European democracies.

They are also not nearly as far to the left as their counterparts on the right.

What's interesting, to me, is that it's economic populism that's the red meat for the Democratic base, whereas red meat for the GOP base is now social issues.

wolf 04-22-2015 10:33 AM

I think the two party system(if you can call it that) works just fine. What often happens in Europe with large multiple parties in government is that coalitions are formed in order to win elections and these coalitions resemble what already happens between the Republicans and the Democrats in the United States.

Diemen 04-22-2015 11:33 AM

You can't handle Scott Walker

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonMelon (Post 7932531)
Change is DUE from US voters.

This post is me taking action. Everyone currently buying into our bullshit two-party oligarchy has 1 of 2 choices. They can either take action themselves and "CHANGE" the culture here OR they can look forward to more embarrassing candidates in the future from these pissweak political parties.

Democrats, Republicans and their yes-men will not strong-arm me into keeping my mouth shut on this matter. It’s called “FREEDOM OF SPEECH”. I will no longer be a silent drone to this oppression and their tyrannical two-party system.

Things will change. I know people.

Let's make like Devin Hester and take this shit to the WHITE HOUSE.

Well done. :up:

Mrs. Garrison 04-22-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

How is it that she is struggling? A quick look at Real Clear Politics polling data collected over the past two days has her up double digits over every GOP candidate, some by as many as 24 points even (Carson/Cruz). The closest one i saw as Rubio, which she "only" had a 14 point lead.

I realize its very early, but clearly your definition of struggling is different than mine.

RealClearPolitics - Latest Polls

Quote:

Monday, April 20
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
2016 Republican Presidential Nomination CNN/ORC Bush 17, Walker 12, Cruz 7, Paul 11, Rubio 11, Huckabee 9, Carson 4, Christie 4, Perry 3, Santorum 3, Jindal 2, Kasich 2 Bush +5
2016 Democratic Presidential Nomination CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 69, Warren, Biden 11, Sanders 5, Webb 3, O'Malley 1 Clinton +58
General Election: Bush vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 56, Bush 39 Clinton +17
General Election: Walker vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 59, Walker 37 Clinton +22
General Election: Paul vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 58, Paul 39 Clinton +19
General Election: Cruz vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 60, Cruz 36 Clinton +24
General Election: Rubio vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 55, Rubio 41 Clinton +14
General Election: Christie vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 58, Christie 39 Clinton +19
General Election: Huckabee vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 58, Huckabee 37 Clinton +21
General Election: Carson vs. Clinton CNN/Opinion Research Clinton 60, Carson 36 Clinton +24

wolf 04-22-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison (Post 7932617)
How is it that she is struggling? A quick look at Real Clear Politics polling data collected over the past two days has her up double digits over every GOP candidate, some by as many as 24 points even (Carson/Cruz). The closest one i saw as Rubio, which she "only" had a 14 point lead.

I realize its very early, but clearly your definition of struggling is different than mine.

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen Hillary this strong. Clearly part of it must be the effect of formally announcing the campaign. I think they might of moved up the date for announcing because she was sliding some in older polls plus the e-mail scandal. But now, 69% support vs all the other Democratic nominees. That's just nuts. Then, CNN's results show a landslide victory or near landslide victory against every Republican candidate except maybe Rubio. This looks like a slaughter.

LuckyNumber7 04-22-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilsFan (Post 7932424)
Winner take all means two parties. Third party candidates are irrelevant in America.

At least your views haven't changed.

Well, I do remember you saying that that specifically wasn't the election for it. Probably hanging out for another Ross Perot.

deep 04-22-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 7932642)
Wow, I don't think I have ever seen Hillary this strong. Clearly part of it must be the effect of formally announcing the campaign. I think they might of moved up the date for announcing because she was sliding some in older polls plus the e-mail scandal. But now, 69% support vs all the other Democratic nominees. That's just nuts. Then, CNN's results show a landslide victory or near landslide victory against every Republican candidate except maybe Rubio. This looks like a slaughter.

at this stage I think she wins in Nov 2016, with the GOP candidate in the high 40s and her in the low 50s, not a blow out, but a sizable win in the electoral college, could easily get 350 electoral votes.

I will say looking at the FOX polls that conservative seem to have more faith in, Bush is tied with her at 45 - 45. All the rest are losing to her. Also looking at the state by state polls, Rubio looks weak. I still say it will most likely be a two person race between Bush and Walker. Note that in the Wisconsin polls Walker loses to Hillary by a wider margin the many of the other GOP candidates.

Oregoropa 04-22-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison (Post 7932617)

Like I prefaced it: My prediction.

deep 04-22-2015 04:07 PM

https://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/uk3...1443-1-1-0.jpg

I hope Carly gets in, it will make it more fun? to watch