U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/us-presidential-election-2016-because-its-never-too-early-218216.html)

deep 04-16-2015 07:11 PM

no way

he said he hates the senate, because nothing gets done
this current campaign will built his brand, he won't hit Jeb hard at all, wants endorsement

his dream job, would to be Governor, for the power

wolf 04-16-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase (Post 7930810)
He's the GOP's most electable candidate.

Which means they won't nominate him. Cause GOP.

I disagree. Most electable is Rubio followed by Bush when it comes to the GOP. The democrats "Blue Wall" 18 states that have voted democrat every election since after 1988 puts the democratic candidate at 242 EC votes. That means "Blue Wall" plus winning Florida(29 EC votes) wins the election for the democrat. So the republicans have to win Florida to even have a chance of winning the election. The only republican candidates that can insure victory in Florida are Rubio and Bush.

Mrs. Garrison 04-16-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep (Post 7930882)
no way

he said he hates the senate, because nothing gets done
this current campaign will built his brand, he won't hit Jeb hard at all, wants endorsement

his dream job, would to be Governor, for the power

Not every VP is Joe Biden ya know, just look at Cheney.

Irvine511 04-16-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison (Post 7930879)
You don't think Rubio could be on a ticket as a VP?

He's a slam dunk VP. Young, spanish speaking, and from the third most populated state and the most coveted purple state.

LuckyNumber7 04-16-2015 09:32 PM

Yeah I can't believe I just read Rubio as not being a good VP candidate. From an objective perspective, he's a gold VP candidate.

Irvine511 04-16-2015 09:36 PM

US Presidential Election 2016...because it's never too early

That said, I find nothing charismatic about him. To me, Paul and Christie are at least interesting individuals. Rubio comes off as dead boring and weirdly sanctimonious.

Christie is one of those Republicans I could consider were I living in a socially liberal blue state. There are certainly negative things about him, he's a bully and a thug, but he isn't crazy. And anyone who is going to win the GOP nomination is going to have to pander to the crazy in the GOP.

LuckyNumber7 04-16-2015 10:14 PM

Well I think Sarah Palin proved that a charismatic GOP VP just gets in the way.

Irvine511 04-16-2015 11:27 PM

Sarah Palin is a lunatic.

Perfect example of someone looking good on paper.

bobsaget77 04-17-2015 12:30 AM

Dick Cheney/Sarah Palin 2016! I think that will make people take the GOP seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

PhilsFan 04-17-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 7930905)
That said, I find nothing charismatic about him. To me, Paul and Christie are at least interesting individuals. Rubio comes off as dead boring and weirdly sanctimonious.

Christie is one of those Republicans I could consider were I living in a socially liberal blue state. There are certainly negative things about him, he's a bully and a thug, but he isn't crazy. And anyone who is going to win the GOP nomination is going to have to pander to the crazy in the GOP.

Christie's probably the only one I would consider trusting in a wartime scenario because, as you said, he's not crazy.

Diemen 04-17-2015 10:48 AM

So in Rubio's presidential candidacy announcement, he took a jab at Clinton representing the candidate of yesterday. Meanwhile, Rubio:

-Is against gay marriage
-Is against normalizing relations with Cuba
-Doesn't believe in climate change

:hmm:

anitram 04-17-2015 01:21 PM

Rubio sucks but to deep's point I also see him angling for the governorship of Florida and not the White House.

I think Scott Walker is the scariest of them all. A lot of what he says really resonates with people. There are many states out there which are truly not in a position to continue to offer DB pension plans to public servants, etc - even if you believe in them as a matter of policy, the money just isn't there. And he's always run on a very corporatist idea - reduce unions, rely entirely on the free market to correct all ills, etc. This is where the money is.

deep 04-17-2015 02:03 PM

Yes, I never said Rubio would be a bad pick

I just said he won't be the VP nom, > because he won't take it.

At this time I believe this will be a two person race, Jeb Bush and then for the not Bush crowd, Scott Walker.

A bit like the Dems in 2008, Hillary Clinton vs the not Clinton crowd -falling behind Obama.

I do think Jeb has the slight advantage, but Scott Walker could get the nomination.

Of course it is still early, and a lot of things could change.

Also, I really don't see Rubio being much of a plus with the Hispanic vote, except that small segment of Cubans that gets lumped into that group. Jeb is a way better candidate for them than Rubio.

Cubans are conservatives, Hispanics are liberals. There are two countries that if you are born there and you are on American soil you will be entitled to full rights of American citizenship. One is the United States, the other is Cuba.

I can understand why some of you are not writing Rubio off, in these days of social media dominating so much

he looks like the winner

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/a883...26-2016ers.jpg

deep 04-17-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison (Post 7930887)
Not every VP is Joe Biden ya know, just look at Cheney.

Just wondering if you remember or know how Cheney got the nomination?

LuckyNumber7 04-17-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 7930926)
Sarah Palin is a lunatic.

Perfect example of someone looking good on paper.

I don't even know how she looked good on paper. She was, what? A 44 year old whose history amounted to... three years experience as governor of part of essentially Canada. Before that? Mayor of Wasilla. Previous to that, her educational background is a mess.

Now, Rubio is, of course, the same age. But you're talking about someone with much more credible experience at various levels of government.

PhilsFan 04-17-2015 02:57 PM

It was a really reactionary move to Obama not picking Hillary as his running mate.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

deep 04-17-2015 03:02 PM

it seems like everybody is assuming that the nominee can appoint the VP.

I would not be surprised if Hillary turned it down as many turned down McCain.

Hillary fared much better as Secretary of State, than she would have as VP.

Irvine511 04-17-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 (Post 7931083)
I don't even know how she looked good on paper. She was, what? A 44 year old whose history amounted to... three years experience as governor of part of essentially Canada. Before that? Mayor of Wasilla. Previous to that, her educational background is a mess.

but she was a woman who liked guns and had a personal story that would appeal to the anti-choice base.

McCain has always had problems with the base of the GOP, and they love guns and hate abortion. check and check.

Irvine511 04-17-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep (Post 7931094)
Hillary fared much better as Secretary of State, than she would have as VP.

yes, a better resume builder and doesn't tie her to a legacy if it goes wrong, and it removes Bill from interfering.

deep 04-17-2015 03:10 PM

Palin is not why McCain loss in 2008

Bush - Cheney 8 years worst Presidency ever is why he lost.

Palin got McCain more votes being on the ticket for sure.

Both McCain and Palin were seen as anti - Bush, mavericks. And Palin definitely pulled some bitter Hillary supporters that wanted to vote for a woman against Obama's machine that manipulated the primary process to barely edge out the nomination.