U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/)
-   -   Global Warming Revisited (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/global-warming-revisited-217044.html)

the iron horse 09-02-2014 07:12 AM

Global Warming Revisited
 
Is it time to revisit the claims of global warming / climate change?

I think it's time.

President Obama called skeptics (like me) of global climate change as those of believe in a flat earth.

The following is just one of several reports I have seen online. I have seen nothing in the mainstream media reporting on these current studies.

What do you think?


https://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a...g_for_19_years

cobl04 09-02-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the iron horse (Post 7828635)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I don't even know where to begin.

BVS 09-02-2014 07:57 AM

The McKitrick paper has not been reported in the "mainstream media" because the scientific community has found the paper to be full of flaws and not telling the whole story.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Vlad n U 2 09-02-2014 08:06 AM

Posting an Andrew Bolt article should be deemed a bannable offense.

For those unfamiliar, Bolt is one of the most well known journalists in Australia, is a known bigot with a severe victim complex (despite being very affluent) and has a political talk show on TV which is essentially a propaganda broadcast for the ruling Liberal Party.

mikal 09-02-2014 09:56 AM

I don't know you guys, I don't think there's a such thing as Global Warming. Wisconsin has had both one of the coolest Winters and Summers this year.

Derpe der! :D

anitram 09-02-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the iron horse (Post 7828635)
Is it time to revisit the claims of global warming / climate change?

No.

Irvine511 09-02-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the iron horse (Post 7828635)
Is it time to revisit the claims of global warming / climate change?

I think it's time.



i agree.

it's quite possible it's even worse than we have imagined, and we've already crossed the point of no return.

the real question is how do we manage climate change.

elevated_u2_fan 09-02-2014 10:31 AM

c'mon guys, it was a cold winter last year so CLEARLY global warming is a complete fraud.

Irvine511 09-02-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan (Post 7828738)
c'mon guys, it was a cold winter last year so CLEARLY global warming is a complete fraud.


the Arctic begs to disagree with you.

i am, however, loving the pleasant summer we've had in DC, though this week the steambath seems to have returned.

Izzy.nyc 09-02-2014 10:40 AM

It's not an all or none issue, elevate. Perhaps it's not fully explained yet, and the human effect hasn't been clearly defined, and to me that's not an unreasonable stance.

Independent of the perils of global warming, it should be an individual's responsibility not to eff up the earth for future generations. But that's just me. Go biodiesel!


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

anitram 09-02-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 (Post 7828655)
Posting an Andrew Bolt article should be deemed a bannable offense.

It's always hilarious when somebody posts an article "proving" something, and the article is written by a foreign journalist in a foreign paper that they know nothing about. Years ago we used to have the dreck of Mark Steyn copied and pasted here by people who were not Canadian and not familiar with his writings and stances. Then every once in a while you have somebody linking to the likes of the Daily Mail or some similar rag.

Irvine511 09-02-2014 01:22 PM

stifling dissent! silencing alternative voices! tolerance for me but not for thee! teach the controversy! god's not dead!

Izzy.nyc 09-02-2014 01:36 PM

Irvine, that's offensive. I don't know why, but it's offensive.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

AEON 09-02-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 7828820)
stifling dissent! silencing alternative voices! tolerance for me but not for thee! teach the controversy! god's not dead!

One can believe in God and still want strong environmental controls.

Also - as I've said before - solar power will cure almost all of the planet's ills in the next few decades...

Grid parity: Why electric utilities should struggle to sleep at night - The Washington Post

trojanchick99 09-02-2014 01:58 PM

Here's the thing. Even if you don't believe that human activity is causing climate change, why would you not support initiatives to clean up the environment? What is bad about trying to keep our planet clean and healthy for future generations?

AEON 09-02-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trojanchick99 (Post 7828846)
Here's the thing. Even if you don't believe that human activity is causing climate change, why would you not support initiatives to clean up the environment? What is bad about trying to keep our planet clean and healthy for future generations?


Like most things - this has to do with money. Until solar is cheaper than fossil fuel - big business will fight environmental regulations and the data that supports it because it cuts into their profits.

bono_212 09-02-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEON (Post 7828839)
One can believe in God and still want strong environmental controls.

Also - as I've said before - solar power will cure almost all of the planet's ills in the next few decades...

Grid parity: Why electric utilities should struggle to sleep at night - The Washington Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by trojanchick99 (Post 7828846)
Here's the thing. Even if you don't believe that human activity is causing climate change, why would you not support initiatives to clean up the environment? What is bad about trying to keep our planet clean and healthy for future generations?

This and this.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why people argue so strongly against global warming. Real or not (definitely real, just btw), what in the hell is the harm in finding an alternative means of fueling our world? There's only so much fossil fuel...we've known that most of our lives. No drilling in Antarctica is going to make more appear. Once it's gone, it's gone...it's better to find an answer now than to continue to jump on the idea that somehow, someway, us being the cause of harm to this planet is some form of insanity.

It's not just fuel, I know that. That's just my personal hot button issue. People hate being blamed for things, it's natural not to want to be at fault. But honestly, this is something that feels so petulant whenever I see someone post a thread or article like this. As others have already said and the point I'm trying to make: IT CAN'T HURT to try and fix things. Please show me who the victims are, to do otherwise.

Irvine511 09-02-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bono_212 (Post 7828892)
This and this.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why people argue so strongly against global warming. Real or not (definitely real, just btw), what in the hell is the harm in finding an alternative means of fueling our world?



because objection to global warming isn't about science. it's about sociocultural identity and not wanting to be told what to do.

anitram 09-02-2014 04:42 PM

Even if you don't care about keeping our planet clean and healthy, at the very least we should care about the geopolitical instabilities that oil has caused. Time to send the Middle East to irrelevance.

Vlad n U 2 09-02-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitram (Post 7828790)
It's always hilarious when somebody posts an article "proving" something, and the article is written by a foreign journalist in a foreign paper that they know nothing about. Years ago we used to have the dreck of Mark Steyn copied and pasted here by people who were not Canadian and not familiar with his writings and stances. Then every once in a while you have somebody linking to the likes of the Daily Mail or some similar rag.

For these reasons I almost always try and do a background check on these journalists before or after I read the articles.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com