U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/)
-   -   Ebola (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/ebola-216939.html)

Sr. Poop 08-02-2014 07:50 PM

Ebola

I've been studying and following this virus for years... Since I read "The Hot Zone"

I can't believe nobody here talking about this... This is some ducking scary shit.... World War Z type shit.

Don't let they idiot from the CDC fool... They aren't bringing the people here for the magical care...they are doing other experimental shit with them.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

nbelcik 08-02-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sr. Poop (Post 7816827)
I can't believe nobody here talking about this... This is some ducking scary shit.... World War Z type shit.

Eh, not really. Ebola can't spread very easily. I'm much more concerned about bird flu or some terrorist acquiring smallpox.

Sr. Poop 08-02-2014 09:05 PM

Ebola

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbelcik (Post 7816840)
Eh, not really. Ebola can't spread very easily. I'm much more concerned about bird flu or some terrorist acquiring smallpox.

Those are both issues but if this ever gets out and does spread your fucked. If enough people become infected and spreads it will mutate... It just needs to take hold.

This is a sign that our population may have reached its capacity and its time to start eliminating its excess baggage.

You should be scared

nbelcik 08-02-2014 09:35 PM

I'll be worried when it becomes airborne.

Sr. Poop 08-02-2014 09:50 PM

That's fair

nbelcik 08-02-2014 10:55 PM

I also think that one reason why the fatality rate is so high is that all the outbreaks that have occurred in Africa, where medical care isn't as good as it is in developed nations. If an Ebola outbreak happened in a developed nation, I'm betting the fatality rate wouldn't be as high as the 60-90% we typically see in outbreaks in Africa.

Axver 08-02-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sr. Poop (Post 7816846)
This is a sign that our population may have reached its capacity and its time to start eliminating its excess baggage.

Yes, Malthus.

cobl04 08-02-2014 11:52 PM

Wouldn't have expected a thread on Ebola to start so badly, but there you go.

I'm not as worried as some appear to be, just because all the other viruses that were meant to wipe out the world in recent years (SARS, bird flu et al) that never eventuated, but yeah, still damn scary stuff.

BVS 08-03-2014 12:08 AM

Donald Trump has some real enlightened ideas about the virus.

Sr. Poop 08-03-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobl04 (Post 7816873)
Wouldn't have expected a thread on Ebola to start so badly, but there you go.

I'm not as worried as some appear to be, just because all the other viruses that were meant to wipe out the world in recent years (SARS, bird flu et al) that never eventuated, but yeah, still damn scary stuff.

Fail on my part...

I wanted to see if people were freaked out about it like the media wants us to be. People on this site seem to actually be pretty level headed for the most part :)

Kieran McConville 08-03-2014 10:27 AM

I can't believe I'm saying this Gareth, but... tell me more about this 'experimental shit'.

Sr. Poop 08-03-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran McConville (Post 7816970)
I can't believe I'm saying this Gareth, but... tell me more about this 'experimental shit'.

Nothing... I just added that for effect ;)

nbelcik 08-03-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVS (Post 7816874)
Donald Trump has some real enlightened ideas about the virus.

Donald Trump is also a professional asshole.

Hewson 08-03-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sr. Poop (Post 7816969)
People on this site seem to actually be pretty level headed for the most part :)

About Ebola perhaps.
About a new U2 album, not so much.

Jacobite 08-03-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axver (Post 7816870)
Yes, Malthus.

Nice. :up:

Galeongirl 08-04-2014 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewson (Post 7817076)
About Ebola perhaps.
About a new U2 album, not so much.

Heh.

Well one thing I do not understand is why they are bringing the infected doctors to the US. The virus isn't treatable right? So why help it across the ocean with the risk of accidentally spreading it somewhere? :hmm:

bono_212 08-04-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galeongirl (Post 7817214)
Heh.

Well one thing I do not understand is why they are bringing the infected doctors to the US. The virus isn't treatable right? So why help it across the ocean with the risk of accidentally spreading it somewhere? :hmm:

Not gonna lie, it is freaking me the fuck out a little. I've clearly seen too many movies.

I guess the idea is two-fold: 1) they don't want to leave citizens behind, and 2) they're taking them to the CDC in Atlanta to try and find a treatment.

Kieran McConville 08-04-2014 06:32 AM

There is a treatment (of sorts), there just isn't a cure. The treatment is keep the patient's blood pressure and hydration up and hope for the best.

Galeongirl 08-04-2014 07:55 AM

Isn't Ebola usually paired with bleedings from pretty much everywhere? :hmm: Wouldn't keeping the blood pressure up make that worse, or is it to prevent the bleeding from occuring?

LemonMelon 08-04-2014 09:24 AM

Extreme external hemorrhage only happens to approximately 20% of those with Ebola, so while it's something to take into account, the low blood pressure is something that's to be expected and dangerous in its own right. The bleeding happens towards the end of the disease anyway, so you want to prevent them from being that far gone in the first place.