U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/)
-   -   Weiner-gate! (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/weiner-gate-210906.html)

anitram 06-09-2011 07:36 PM

I haven't been following this very closely, but really, what argument is there that he should NOT resign? Nevermind what I think of his actions (kind of pathetic, really), but here is a member of Congress who lied and suggested that his private accounts were hacked - frankly, a story that I thought was believable given the age that we live in.

When you lose the public confidence, you gets to go. And yes, all politicians are probably liars, but this one was caught, so off he goes. No-brainer to me.

PhilsFan 06-09-2011 11:21 PM

The argument at this point seems to be about what reason he resigns for, not whether or not he should resign.

Headache in a Suitcase 06-10-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitram (Post 7234204)
I haven't been following this very closely, but really, what argument is there that he should NOT resign? Nevermind what I think of his actions (kind of pathetic, really), but here is a member of Congress who lied and suggested that his private accounts were hacked - frankly, a story that I thought was believable given the age that we live in.

When you lose the public confidence, you gets to go. And yes, all politicians are probably liars, but this one was caught, so off he goes. No-brainer to me.

and when he's up for re-election, this will likely cost him his seat.

he did nothing illegal. he didn't lie under oath. i wouldn't mind if he did resign, but in no way should be feel required to do so.

canedge 06-10-2011 02:08 PM

I am speaking in caps because I feel strongly about this.

THE ABSOLUTE TRAGEDY OF THIS IS THAT HE IS PROBABLY THE BEST CONGRESSMAN YOU COULD WISH FOR. DESPITE HIS DUBIOUS PRIVATE LIFE. HE IS EVEN REALLY FUNNY AND WITTY! HE EVEN HAS A GREAT RECORD OF DEFENDING WOMENS RIGHTS! BUT NOW EVERY WOMAN IN AMERICA THINKS HES SCUM.

JUST LIKE BILL CLINTON WAS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN W AND DIDN'T START A WAR!
CLINTON LIED, NOBODY DIED.

That is the tragedy of weiner-gate.

BVS 06-10-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canedge (Post 7234780)
I am speaking in caps because I feel strongly about this.

THE ABSOLUTE TRAGEDY OF THIS IS THAT HE IS PROBABLY THE BEST CONGRESSMAN YOU COULD WISH FOR. DESPITE HIS DUBIOUS PRIVATE LIFE. HE IS EVEN REALLY FUNNY AND WITTY! HE EVEN HAS A GREAT RECORD OF DEFENDING WOMENS RIGHTS! BUT NOW EVERY WOMAN IN AMERICA THINKS HES SCUM.

JUST LIKE BILL CLINTON WAS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN W AND DIDN'T START A WAR!
CLINTON LIED, NOBODY DIED.

That is the tragedy of weiner-gate.

I'm sure there are plenty of women who don't think he's scum for the sexting. And I'm sure there are plently of men who do think he's scum.

But I think most everyone of both sexes can agree he really screwed up by lying and possibly using tax dollars to do so. That's the real tragedy.

Like someone mentioned earlier, do we know for sure if the wife knew of his behaviour? Was it an open marriage in that sense? Not sure, I haven't seen any comment from his wife yet. But honestly, I don't care. The sexting is not what cost him his trust and position, it was the lying.

canedge 06-10-2011 04:25 PM

Maybe weiner-gate was just a purging of the nations conflicted emotions of sex, power, marriage, trust, lying, weiners, facebook, twitter and on-line masturbation.

Cathartic.

olliepajaro 06-10-2011 10:50 PM

WEINER WITHOUT YOU - U2 and Anthony Weiner
 
Weiner Without You [VIDEO]

https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...utYOUIMage.jpgWeiner Without You [VIDEO]

BVS 06-11-2011 02:04 AM

Wow, this thread is really bringing out some "new" posters.

canedge 06-11-2011 09:09 AM

I give that 3 our of 10 Yankovics.

deep 06-11-2011 01:21 PM

this is good news

Quote:

Pelosi calls on Rep. Anthony Weiner to resign
Los Angeles Times | June 11, 2011 | 11:20 a.m.

A trio of top Democrats, including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Saturday called for embattled Rep. Anthony Weiner to resign.

New York (CNN) - Three weighty Democratic voices - including Nancy Pelosi - on Saturday called for the resignation of embattled U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner, who has been under fire after admitting to inappropriate communications with women online.

The House Minority Leader, and the chairmen of the Democratic National Committee and Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee in separate statements called for Weiner to step down.

and bad news for all of you that have been arguing to lower and broaden the standards of what should be acceptable behavior for one elected to high office.

any thing is allowable, as long as it is not illegal, is the wrong standard.

Canadiens1131 06-11-2011 04:51 PM

Upcoming Wiener News Cycle

Admission of having a problem --> Humble rehab stint --> |||| New man, stays in Washington government but skips next NYC mayoral election --> does not run for reelection in DC, back to NYC to run in the next mayoral race afterwards



|||| = News outlets move on to next dumb story

deep 06-12-2011 02:26 PM

not illegal
and as Congressman Rangle says, "at least, he is not sleeping with little boys."

but if this is correct, that he took pictures of himself in the Congressional Gym and sent them to women, or even to one woman that was not his wife.

choosing to give himself a timeout is not enough

mama cass 06-12-2011 02:44 PM

jeesus deep i'm here browsing and really don't want to be seeing these pics for fuckssakes! why are you so obsessed about posting all the evidence?! :huh:

Canadiens1131 06-12-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep (Post 7236968)

choosing to give himself a timeout is not enough


https://i.imgur.com/NzQEF.jpg

Irvine511 06-12-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep (Post 7235949)
and bad news for all of you that have been arguing to lower and broaden the standards of what should be acceptable behavior for one elected to high office.



you're right, we should demand the same standards of decency that we had when JFK was high on painkillers and nailing different women every weekend Jackie was out of town.

i assume you were waving sings calling for Clinton's resignation back in 1999, yes?

Canadiens1131 06-13-2011 05:50 AM

Who deleted the Wiener? :ohmy:

Canadiens1131 06-13-2011 09:53 AM

I don't see any reason for Wiener to resign.

Boehner passed out cheques from tobacco lobbyists on the floor of the House of Representatives, but he gets to be speaker now. :shrug:

The culture of what is acceptable in D.C. = :lol:

kramwest1 06-13-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 (Post 7237903)
The culture of what is acceptable in D.C. = :lol:

Ordering call girls from the Senate floor.

canedge 06-13-2011 03:15 PM

I am glad law authorities investigated accusations of Weiner and a minor. All the while dragging his name through the mud. Only to find nothing. So know plenty of people can link promiscuous sex with sex with minors.

BVS 06-13-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canedge (Post 7238185)
I am glad law authorities investigated accusations of Weiner and a minor.

I'm glad authorities take accusations seriously. I wouldn't want sex with minors to be an easy crime for people to get away with...

Quote:

Originally Posted by canedge (Post 7238185)
All the while dragging his name through the mud.

No, I'm pretty sure he did that to himself.


Quote:

Originally Posted by canedge (Post 7238185)
So know plenty of people can link promiscuous sex with sex with minors.

I doubt that's going to happen.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com