U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Put 'Em Under Pressure (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f223/)
-   -   NFL part 4 (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f223/nfl-part-4-a-209377.html)

deep 01-23-2011 07:36 PM

NFL part 4

Thunderball

mobvok 01-23-2011 07:39 PM

Waterloo!

Couldn't escape if I wanted to!

Rooting for the Steelers, but for the Jets to make it more interesting in the second half.

edit- and that just happened

mikal 01-23-2011 07:42 PM

woooooooooooooooooooooooo!

that is all.

coolian2 01-23-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobvok (Post 7105172)
Waterloo!

Couldn't escape if I wanted to!

Rooting for the Steelers, but for the Jets to make it more interesting in the second half.

edit- and that just happened

more interesting in my books would be if it ended 50-3.

GirlsAloudFan 01-23-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRay9911 (Post 7105128)

That's my quarterback.

Disappointing shit, today. And a very bizarre situation with Cutler.

Now, here's the thing.

It's quite simple, really.

Personally, I'm going to stand by the guy. And defend him. And cheer for him. He's the most talented QB the franchise has ever had. He had a good year, got us to the conference title game behind a mediocre O-line and with a mediocre receiving corps. Very unfortunate what happened today, but I'm going to put that behind me and move forward.

As for the majority of Chicago fans, though? It's simple.

Jay Cutler: Go win a Super Bowl or else you go down as the biggest goat in the history of the city. Steve Bartman, you're off the hook.

Win a Super Bowl. This is it. Jay, if you don't win a Super Bowl before your contract is up, you are completely fucked and are public enemy #1 in one of the biggest sports cities in the world. He won't be able to show his face. He won't be able to buy a pack of smokes. He won't be able to walk down the street. Cutler can never live this down, unless we soon see a picture of him smiling and holding the Lombardi trophy.

Do I think he can win a Super Bowl? Absofuckinglutely. The Bears will be in position for another playoff run next year. Matt Forte, Devin Hester, and that defense aren't going anywhere.

He just makes himself such an easy target, which is frustrating. His demeanor is open for ridicule. He's a smart guy, and is perfectly aware that standing on the sidelines during the second half of the NFC title game is only going to add fuel to the fire. He knows that he's not the most liked guy in the sporting world, already. And then he goes and does this shit today.

Vexing, for certain. I am vexed. Confused. And half drunk on caffeine.

But he's going to get a chance to bounce back from this. Go win the big one. And I pray he does. Shut everybody else up. And shut me up.

deep 01-23-2011 08:23 PM

Pittsburgh
deserves the win.

GirlsAloudFan 01-23-2011 08:26 PM

Fumblllllllllllllllle.

Safety.

Let's go.

I Move in Mysterious Ways 01-23-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikal (Post 7105173)
woooooooooooooooooooooooo!

that is all.

:D

They need to do everything they can to hang onto Dom Capers. The guy has been the reason for the Pack's success.

speedracer 01-23-2011 08:27 PM

1-10-PIT 1(7:44) B.Roethlisberger Aborted. [] FUMBLES at PIT 0, recovered by PIT-B.Roethlisberger at PIT -1. B.Roethlisberger tackled in End Zone, SAFETY.

From NFL.com's official summary

phanan 01-23-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep (Post 7105203)
Pittsburgh
deserves the win.

Neither deserves to win.

Watching this game is truly frustrating...

PhilsFan 01-23-2011 08:32 PM

I need the Jets to win. For my sanity.

LuckyNumber7 01-23-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headache
Still don't believe they were the best team the league... I believe they were the best team at the right time, and that's the only thing that matters.

Or perhaps they were one of the best teams in the league simply shaken up by injury.

speedracer 01-23-2011 08:39 PM

Eh, Green Bay is like all the other top teams this year -- very talented, but they still have some major weaknesses (specifically, inability to run the ball late in the game, and also some problems protecting Rodgers).

cobl04 01-23-2011 08:50 PM

It looks very cold.

GirlsAloudFan 01-23-2011 08:54 PM

Fuck.

Got Philk? 01-23-2011 08:56 PM

I have never enjoyed watching a coach slam his headset on the ground as much as I just did. Rex Ryan looked like a big, fat, fussy baby.

PhilsFan 01-23-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobl04 (Post 7105221)
It looks very cold.

In PA? It's currently 10 degrees in central PA with a wind chill below zero.

Hewson 01-23-2011 09:04 PM

Another classic title game performance from LessDanian Tomless-on.
Don't know why the Jets had him in the game late instead of Greene. Dude goes down at first contact. If Greene's in on 4th and goal we might have had OT.

LemonMelon 01-23-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Move in Mysterious Ways (Post 7105206)
:D

They need to do everything they can to hang onto Dom Capers. The guy has been the reason for the Pack's success.

It took him a while to earn back my respect after this:

https://fansided.com/wp-content/uploa.../01/capers.jpg

But holy shit that secondary is awesome.

Headache in a Suitcase 01-23-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7

Or perhaps they were one of the best teams in the league simply shaken up by injury.

Perhaps, but I disagree.

The NFL is so even right now that it doesn't matter who has the most talent, or who has the best stats... it matters who executes when it matters the most. Clearly that was pittsburgh and green bay, and they deserve to be going to dallas.