U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   the conservative case for same sex marriage (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/the-conservative-case-for-same-sex-marriage-204380.html)

MrsSpringsteen 03-30-2010 09:46 AM

I remember those pictures-they were doing all kinds of synchronized exercises together that you just would not see straight guys doing together (or at all :wink:). And they certainly would not look like that while doing them. Yowza.

I'm sorry Ricky but I knew right then and there

martha 04-06-2010 08:30 PM

I thought this was interesting when I read it today.

Myth of the 'gay lifestyle' justifies bias - CNN.com

Irvine511 04-09-2010 01:14 AM

and here i was thinking that Colin Farrell was just a douchebag:

Quote:

Speaking from Los Angeles actor Colin Farrell has issued a statement in support of BeLonG To Youth Service’s STAND UP! Campaign against homophobic bullying of gay young people.

Colin recalls is memories of how his gay brother Eamon was terribly treated when they were young and growing up in Dublin.

Colin Farrell’s statement:

"I can't remember much about the years of physical and emotional abuse my brother Eamon suffered. I was very small. The thing i do remember though, quite literally, is blood on his school shirt when he came home in the afternoon. The beatings and taunting were very frequent for my him and a constant part of his school years. I didn't understand at that time the concept of 'difference'. Back then, as now, he was just my big brother. If I did understand what difference was I understood it in the most pure and unaffected childlike way. To me then, as a child, difference meant being left out. Joy and laughter came with being included, being embraced , and BELONGING to.

People are often afraid of difference. They feel that anything that causes fear, should be turned away from. My brother represented fear for so many people, but caused joy in my life. From a very young age he made me laugh with his intelligence and wit, made me aspire to his strength and goodness. He was to be embraced. To many of the students of his school however he was to be feared. He was to be turned away from. I didn't understand it then, and I still don't know. As a race we humans are united and divided by emotions. The mother and father of all emotions, the queen and king are love and fear. Love unites, it brings us closer to an understanding of the possibility of beauty amidst all the confusion and pain that life can bring. Hate is a disease. It is fear's messenger and it makes us do terrible things in a shadow of our better selves, of what we could be.

Intolerance is not genetically encoded - it is taught. It is learned at home. It is learned in the classrooms and it is learned anywhere else we gather as a group. But it is usually learned early and added onto from there. If there is nothing to feared, there is nothing to hate. If there is nothing to hate there is no pain. My brother was so forceful in standing up for who he was, and for the good that he knew wa inside of him. Many people missed out on an opportunity, not only to enjoy him, but to enjoy themselves by embracing his "difference". They missed out because they saw him as a threat - not as a testament to the kaleidoscope and diversity of this beautiful world. Bullying is torture, it is another betrayal of basic human decency and its scars reach way into the future of its survivors. But the saddest truth is that not all children survive it. It is a potentially fatal societal illness and must be respected and not feared. Respected and dealt with as a very real problem and as an adversary of a potentially harmonious world, that should have no place for bullies or bullying."

- From Colin Farrell

Colin Farrell recalls the trauma experienced by his gay brother and calls for an end to homophobia - BeLonGTo Pro


it's quite eloquent, actually.

deep 04-09-2010 02:06 AM

Why did you think he was just a douchebag?

Irvine511 04-09-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep (Post 6723674)
Why did you think he was just a douchebag?



because i believe what i read in the tabloids.

deep 04-09-2010 06:44 PM

I look at them when I am standing in line at the market, but I don't give them a lot of credence, I am trying to give most people the benefit of the doubt (these days), until proven otherwise

deep 04-12-2010 03:12 PM

Gay marriage measure for Nov. ballot abandonded - Total Buzz : The Orange County Register

well, this may be more of a good thing than a bad thing

I would like to see Ted Olson's lawsuit prevail in the Supreme Court..


to have this on the ballot again this Nov, when voters are trending anti-left could have resulted in a second lost in two years.

corianderstem 04-12-2010 05:17 PM

There's an article in the latest Entertainment Weekly about Colin Farrell and how he went from tabloid fixture bad boy to well-respected Irish acting guy. And it includes quotes from Colin agreeing that he wasn't the best boy on the block back in the day.

So there you go.

BVS 04-14-2010 08:38 AM

Christian recording artist comes out...

Christian Singer Jennifer Knapp Comes Out | Entertainment News | Advocate.com





I think it's sad, that she even felt like it was a conflict...

What's even more sad are some of the comments below.

PhilsFan 04-14-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Sin is sin and you can't denie the fact that we live in a sinful world and we make the choices of the sin we commit. Homosexuality i s a sin, no by Gods word...if you say it's not ... you are in denial. God puts all sin in the same value, so if you choose to be homosexual or kill or steal or lie, it's all sin. can you be a Christain and sin? yes. Will God forgive you? yes. Does He like your sin? No. Does He want yo to repent and turn away from your sin? yes. If you say no and are angry at that fact...you are in denial of the one and only true God and Messiah. Satan want's us to be sinful and live sinful lives denying the truth of a true personal relationship with God. Sin is Sin.
Quote:

As a youth pastor, I'm not surprised to have Jennifer Knapp declare she's a lesbian. I'm not shocked, offended, or otherwise going to burn her music as "sinful." But, I have issues with the overall trend that "this is who she was created to be." According to current scientific research, there is no genetic precursor (that we have found, note this before bashing me over the head!) "causing" someone to be homosexual. I mean, would everyone rejoice for me if I said I had become a pathological liar because that was who God made me to be? Or if I rejoiced in the fact that I had affairs with tons of women? Now, I'll confess those hit close to home, but facing the criticism and working towards change is one thing, I just can't see wallowing in something God says is sin. Because it comes down to God either meaning what He says, or not. I'm not hating on anyone or being remotely spiteful, I just want to know why one thing God says is sin is celebrated and not all the rest? Just saying.
Quote:

The problem with Gay Christians is the fact that they call themselves Gay Christians, essentially, your sexual identity comes before your reverence for God. Who are you identifying with? If God is second, then he is not the most important, you just put the creator of the universe in second place in your life! I'm a single lady, never had sex, never been kissed and there is a possibility that if the right person does not come into my life and I won’t ever get married, then I would die a virgin. And that maybe His will for me in this life; I live by faith and trust that whatever He commands that He does it for my best interest. So please, consider that maybe not engaging in a homosexual lifestyle (regardless of your feelings, we are all sinful, you are not unique) and trusting God that whatever you do in obedience to Him is the best for you. Fall in love with Jesus!!!! Don't make your sexuality your idol! Give your ALL to your creator who loves you!!!
America sucks.

deep 04-14-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilsFan (Post 6729423)
America sucks.

Really, any benefits or protections gays have in this country, and I agree they do not have all that they should, is far better than many, and probably most other countries. So America is doing a better job than most.

As for what sucks?
well religious beliefs, these are the things that support decriminalization and intolerance, and mind you without guilt.

AliEnvy 04-14-2010 02:54 PM

I thought the overall non-reaction to Ricky's announcement was a very, very hopeful sign that soon it will be non-news in general to come out. Still a ways to go, but still.

deep 04-15-2010 10:06 PM

Jesus wept.
 
a long last, a little common decency and humanity

Obama extends hospital visitation rights to same-sex partners of gays

nathan1977 04-16-2010 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep (Post 6731178)
a long last, a little common decency and humanity

Obama extends hospital visitation rights to same-sex partners of gays

:up:

Moonlit_Angel 04-16-2010 03:04 AM

:applaud:. Excellent news, way to go, Obama.

I'm so beyond done listening to the tired anti-gay bull. It's 2010, just get the hell over this already and grow up. Believe me, there are so many other things worth getting up in arms over.

Angela

deep 04-16-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVS (Post 6729168)

that's disgusting


I am throwing out all my nude pictures of her.

Irvine511 04-16-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep (Post 6731879)
that's disgusting


I am throwing out all my nude pictures of her.


even the ones where she's kissing another woman?

kramwest1 04-16-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep (Post 6731178)
a long last, a little common decency and humanity

Obama extends hospital visitation rights to same-sex partners of gays

:up::up::up:

I was so glad to hear this. And still saddened to remember that it is an issue at all.

martha 04-16-2010 04:06 PM

But the hospitals didn't get to vote on it. :tsk:

MrsSpringsteen 04-17-2010 11:00 AM

On a much lighter note, I guess you know gay marriage has made it when there's a gay real housewives (husbands) of New York show

The Gay Housewives of New York Show Is Finally Getting a Cast - Gay housewives - Gawker

If he's on it I will definitely be watching :drool: bf is pretty cute too

https://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets..._reichenbf.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com