U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Everything You Know Is Wrong (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/)
-   -   I "heart" A Year In Pop (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/i-heart-a-year-in-pop-194006.html)

Brian-C 02-25-2009 06:07 PM

Agreed. The first signs of a kink in the chain. But still, when Bono makes that comment, "Everything you said was true, except the discount prices"... he was up to his old Zoo TV era tricks. Completely brilliant and witty, quick on his toes, mysterious and hilarious. If the production of this video reeked of promotion shuck, we can be thankful that at least the music didn't. I consider POP one of their darkest albums, lyrically.

popbellydancer 02-25-2009 06:08 PM

:heart: LOVE IT! it changed my life in a weird way. my bff and i were in a deep U2 faze at the time, we had never seen U2 but were gonna go to see them at RFK in DC, and that special only helped fuel our belief that we maaaay need to go to more than one show! :hug::drool::love:

Diane L 02-25-2009 11:50 PM

I watched about a half-hour of this show and was bored out of my mind. I was shocked by my reaction and upset too. The way the band was presented in this show was boring, and the one thing I'd never thought U2 would ever be, was boring.

For a couple of years after that, I thought U2's best days were behind them. ATYCLB changed my mind about THAT, fast! And little did I know U2's best days would be...right now!!!

Muldfeld 02-26-2009 01:16 AM

I used to have this on tape, but, like an idiot, I taped over a third of it (including a very nice performance of "Do You Feel Loved?") because I wanted to record the stupid Charlie Rose interview which wasted, like, 5 minutes on a crappy U2 montage. What a waste of lost footage.

Edit: Okay, after having not seen it in over a decade, I have to say that wasn't a very good performance of "Do You Feel Loved". It lost its dancey edge live, it seems. Still a great song on the album, though... the best.

edgeplaytheblue 02-26-2009 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian-C (Post 5925332)
What is it about bands and fruit?

the chicks they love the lemons bono said in Rotterdam in 1997 :)

elevated_u2_fan 02-26-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoIsMyMuse (Post 5909663)
The Allen Ginsberg version of Miami :drool:

I always hated that with a passion...

Love this and I also stayed home that night and taped it - on this actual station in fact - City TV in Toronto, I can't believe they didn't include it as an extra on the PopMart DVD.

Brian-C 02-26-2009 06:36 PM

The Velvet Underground with banana and the Beatles with Apple. It just works.

popbellydancer 02-26-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeplaytheblue (Post 5928000)
the chicks they love the lemons bono said in Rotterdam in 1997 :)

it's true! :flirt:

Brian-C 02-27-2009 03:13 PM

It almost sounds like the basis for an Angela Carter short story.