U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Restart and Reboot Yourself (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f295/)
-   -   iTunes Tips (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f295/itunes-tips-190612.html)

elevated_u2_fan 11-12-2008 02:45 PM

The grid is knda cool but I'm a cover flow man, myself...

cdisantis83 11-13-2008 01:17 PM

Another obscure question: is there any way to hide the damnable music store links (i.e., the small arrows next to the song currently selected) in the 8.0 and later versions? The option from earlier versions seems to have disappeared.

redkat 11-13-2008 10:47 PM

hit
control+ shift+ G

:hyper:

actually no that only hides the sidebar :(

Sicy 01-12-2009 09:12 PM

Does anyone know how to transfer a song from your itunes, onto your computer, like as an mp3 file?

elevated_u2_fan 01-14-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sicy (Post 5738981)
Does anyone know how to transfer a song from your itunes, onto your computer, like as an mp3 file?

you mean, like convert an AAC into an MP3?

Sicy 01-15-2009 01:13 AM

Is that what I have to do?

Galeongirl 01-15-2009 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sicy (Post 5747070)
Is that what I have to do?

Or do you mean a song you purchased in the library? If that's the case, find out where it's saved (Ususally my documents\itunes somewhere) and copypaste it.
That works with all songs btw. Just find the location, should be in the properties menu.

Sicy 01-17-2009 06:18 PM

Yeah but it makes it a MPEG 4 file. Can you burn that type of file to cd?

MooMoo! 01-17-2009 07:02 PM

I think itunes will convert those to a CD format.

(isnt mpeg 4 video though?)

I have an iPod question. (didnt want to start a thread) My ipod is formatted to windows, but I have a mac now, so, although it works fine for now, should I, or will I need to reformat it to mac at any point? Is there an advantage to doing it now?

Sicy 01-17-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooMoo! (Post 5758112)
I think itunes will convert those to a CD format.

(isnt mpeg 4 video though?)

Yeah its weird, the file info says 'MPEG-4 Audio File'

theFly51 01-22-2009 01:24 PM

The biggest fear that i have with my 80gb ipod is that something bad happens to it and I lose everything thats on it because stupid me I dont back up anything! I've got music from like 10 different computers and they're like in different cities. Is there a way I would be able to take all my current music that I have right now on the Ipod and copy it to the Itunes library?

redkat 01-23-2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theFly51 (Post 5781175)
The biggest fear that i have with my 80gb ipod is that something bad happens to it and I lose everything thats on it because stupid me I dont back up anything! I've got music from like 10 different computers and they're like in different cities. Is there a way I would be able to take all my current music that I have right now on the Ipod and copy it to the Itunes library?

I've used idump a few times. It was easy to use and comes in handy every now and then. You still might want to back it up after it's on your computer. iDump - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Sicy 02-04-2010 05:04 PM

So what's the easiest way to transfer your iTunes from an old computer to new one? I dont have a huge amount of songs but they are all synched up with my iphone so would I just be able to sync my iphone with the new iTunes on the new comp and it will copy them into the library, or do I manually have to copy the iTunes folder on the hard drive from my old computer to the new one? Then sync? And what else would need to be done? I googled it but I'm getting some conflicting information.

KhanadaRhodes 02-04-2010 09:09 PM

you'd have to move all the music files over to the other computer. if you synced it with an empty itunes library, it'd wipe everything on the ipod.

Sicy 02-05-2010 12:07 AM

I got that part down, it was easy to just move the whole folder to the new computer. All the files show up in iTunes, however, it is telling me that I cant sync my phone because iTunes did not install properly and that I need to install the iTunes 64-bit version. I specifically searched 'iTunes 64-bit version' and installed it. I dont understand. :scream:

*edit.. I think I figured it out.

corianderstem 02-05-2010 12:24 AM

I had that same problem when I loaded iTunes onto my laptop. I had all sorts of problems with it at first. Now it seems to be fine.

Sicy 02-05-2010 01:03 AM

Blarg its not working. I installed the iTunes on the new comp then moved out the iTunes folder and replaced it with my old iTunes folder via instructions on the web, and now when I try to open iTunes it says

The file 'iTunes Library.itl' cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes.

Anyone know? Cori how did you get it to finally work?

Sicy 02-05-2010 01:41 AM

Well I think its working now.... I am following the instructions here

The File "iTunes Library.itl" Cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes? - Yahoo! Answers

((hugs google))

Its updating an iphone software update right now. *crosses fingers*

I already have a love/hate relationship with windows 7.

kafrun 02-05-2010 02:21 AM

I lost almost 1200 songs when my desktop died :crack: They were still on my Nano, I just couldn't figure out how to transfer them onto my new laptop. I eventually figured out how to hook the iPod up to the laptop and transfer all my files to the new iTunes - sneaky, the media files are in a hidden folder in the E: drive. I assume you've already sorted your issue out, but for future reference, it's possible to do it that way, too.

Sicy 11-20-2010 02:11 PM

Having an itunes / iphone problem.. I downloaded a song off amazon and it put it in my itunes, but when I synced my phone, it didnt put the song in my ipod app on the phone and I cant figure out why. It's checkmarked and everything and set to sync all checked songs etc but its not in my list on my phone. Any ideas? :mad: