U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/)
-   -   The FYM Bar - All Alcohol Discussion Here (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/the-fym-bar-all-alcohol-discussion-here-190551.html)

kiwilad 12-23-2016 01:41 AM

Goodness me you sound like a character from Thunderbirds. Toulouse and Turin sound like well deserved rewards!

LuckyNumber7 12-23-2016 01:50 AM

I shall make the first Tom Collins in space!

mama cass 12-23-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 (Post 8126806)
And then two months in Turin.

This is why I chose this degree program 😂

:up: they don't call you Lucky for nothing! :lol:

Oregoropa 12-23-2016 02:54 PM

Gotta buy my brother-in-law a Bourbon bottle for a 30 dollar sibling Pollyanna. Any recommendations?

We just did Makers for the wedding pre-game two weeks ago. I'd like something different. Knob Creek is good.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

iron yuppie 12-23-2016 03:05 PM

Bulleit is good and about in that price range.

Oregoropa 12-23-2016 03:05 PM

Thanks

Diemen 12-23-2016 03:20 PM

If you can find Evan Williams Single Barrel, it's my favorite in that price range. I can usually find it for $27 or less.

Oregoropa 12-23-2016 03:26 PM

Evan Williams is pretty tasty. I have not tried Bulleit, so I may look for that.

Irvine511 12-23-2016 03:42 PM

The FYM Bar - All Alcohol Discussion Here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iron yuppie (Post 8126939)
Bulleit is good and about in that price range.



Agreed. This is our regular sipping whiskey, as in it's too good to mix but not quite good enough for a special occasion.

Although Bulleit is amazing in a milkshake.

Oregoropa 12-23-2016 03:59 PM

I just tried Jim Beam Apple with Ginger Ale. Yummmm

iron yuppie 12-23-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 8126946)
Agreed. This is our regular sipping whiskey, as in it's too good to mix but not quite good enough for a special occasion.

Although Bulleit is amazing in a milkshake.


Special occasion whiskey: Bell Meade Sherry-Aged. I tasted it on a distillery tour in Nashville and need to add it to my collection. As the name suggests, they age it in sherry casks.

Oregoropa 12-23-2016 07:22 PM

On the opposite of the spectrum. When it comes to an economical buzz at my local backwoods bar I find myself pounding $1.75 Busch Cans. A certain nostalgia about college with that swill.

Diemen 12-23-2016 07:43 PM

I avoided the college cheap beer phase. Never developed a tolerance for Natty Light or Busch or similar wastes of water. :)

Irvine511 12-23-2016 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron yuppie (Post 8127006)
Special occasion whiskey: Bell Meade Sherry-Aged. I tasted it on a distillery tour in Nashville and need to add it to my collection. As the name suggests, they age it in sherry casks.



We got this Jack single barrel reserve thing when we toured the distillery about a month ago. That's now our special occasion bottle.

It's goooooooood.

And I'm not the biggest Jack fan.

Oregoropa 12-25-2016 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron yuppie (Post 8126939)
Bulleit is good and about in that price range.


Ended up buying the Bulleit. Liked the Frontier Whiskey label. Told him it was for his new frontier of marriage. Got married 2 weeks ago. Did not try it that night. The Egg Nog was flowing.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

cobl04 12-26-2016 12:21 PM

If the Bulleit is the same shit I see here, it's cheap as all hell?? :confused: I'm not even sure it comes in bottles, I think just premix cans.

Irvine511 12-27-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobl04 (Post 8127466)
If the Bulleit is the same shit I see here, it's cheap as all hell?? :confused: I'm not even sure it comes in bottles, I think just premix cans.



Nope. That's not bulleit.

Dfit00 12-31-2016 12:28 PM

Bulleit Bourbon makes a weak old fashioned.

Irvine511 12-31-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dfit00 (Post 8128504)
Bulleit Bourbon makes a weak old fashioned.



You're doing it wrong.

digitize 01-01-2017 03:13 PM

I recently started (lightly) drinking at the age of 23. Yep, I somehow managed to go through college without having a drop of alcohol.

I had all of two glasses of Prosecco last night at a party for NYE. Then I got bored with alcohol, started just drinking water, and had a great time regardless.

I woke up with a noticeable headache from those two glasses that took most of the morning to go away. So, my question: is alcohol worth it? I don't feel completely closed-minded to it anymore, but I'm also not sure it really adds much to my life unless I go for drunkenness, which I really have no interest in doing. I do like feeling like I'm doing what everyone else is doing at social events, I guess.

iron yuppie 01-01-2017 03:25 PM

I'd say it's worth it in moderation and if you like the taste. For me, a good cocktail or spirit is a treat. It took me a while to warm up to the taste, but now I really do enjoy it.

It's never worth it simply for socialization or numbing purposes. I do occasionally use alcohol to ease social anxiety, but that's not something I would recommend.

LuckyNumber7 01-01-2017 09:40 PM

I spent January 1 in bed.

From being hung over.

New Year's Eve was amazing and while something doesn't need alcohol to be amazing, I'd prefer not paying the price the next day 😂

Oregoropa 01-01-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 (Post 8128726)
I spent January 1 in bed.

From being hung over.

New Year's Eve was amazing and while something doesn't need alcohol to be amazing, I'd prefer not paying the price the next day 😂


I was hurting as well. Stayed in last night and polished off a whole jug of Red Wine. By noon I was up cooking a pack of bacon. The grease has amazing healing power for a hangover.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Irvine511 01-01-2017 10:12 PM

We went to a small fund raiser and donated to Planned Parenthood and the ACLU, and then to the same straight dive bar that we flood with bearded homosexuals every New Years for the past few years.

I enjoy the taste of wine, beer, liquor, and cocktails, as well as the warm sense of well-being and allievement of many kinds of anxiety that accompanies a few drinks. I tend to overthink existence itself, so I appreciate the mini-vacation. This is why I like to have several beers at a U2 show -- keeps me from over analyzing every possible artistic choice and lets me actually enjoy the show.

A head full of steam is worth it, a hangover is not. Moderation and good judgment.

LuckyNumber7 01-01-2017 10:42 PM

I'm in Dublin. People in Ireland are so friendly. Consequently I forgot I wasn't even buying drinks. People were buying them for me, I probably only spent €30 last night. And that included entry.

I'm only half Irish and they were clearly testing my liver to see if I was lying. Only real conclusion.

prbiker15 01-02-2017 12:13 AM

The NYE party I went to had an open bar all night long. Each table also had a bottle of rum, vodka and Black Label with a bucket of ice and mixers. You can imagine how tipsy I was by the end of the party.

Guess I'll introduce myself to this thread. I started drinking during my first semester of college. At that time, I was also closed-minded in regards to alcohol, until I started going out, and that's when I began to enjoy it. When it's not the holidays (lost count as to how many parties I've been to in the past month), I drink at least once a week. Not a fan of drinking every day, and I'm definitely not a fan of drinking alone.

I've tried various types of beer, wine and vodka, but they're not my cup of tea. My favorite alcoholic beverage is Don Q, which is a brand of rum that's distilled and manufactured locally. I also drink whisky, tequila and our version of moonshine which is known as pitorro.

LuckyNumber7 01-02-2017 12:38 AM

Eww Don Q how do you stomach it 😛

prbiker15 01-02-2017 08:47 AM

:lol: With a splash of regular Coke. I ask the same thing to people who drink Bacardi, because to me it tastes like shit.

Dfit00 01-02-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitize (Post 8128666)
I recently started (lightly) drinking at the age of 23. Yep, I somehow managed to go through college without having a drop of alcohol.

I had all of two glasses of Prosecco last night at a party for NYE. Then I got bored with alcohol, started just drinking water, and had a great time regardless.

I woke up with a noticeable headache from those two glasses that took most of the morning to go away. So, my question: is alcohol worth it? I don't feel completely closed-minded to it anymore, but I'm also not sure it really adds much to my life unless I go for drunkenness, which I really have no interest in doing. I do like feeling like I'm doing what everyone else is doing at social events, I guess.

Prosecco is very sweet, that's why you got the headache.

I used to drink a lot when I was 20-22 to the point that 6 beers straight in a row would do nothing to me, not even a slight buzz. Your body adapts very rapidly to heavy drinking and holds resistance.

I guess alcohol is worth it in social settings until you get into the relaxed state. It is definitely not worth it pass the point of getting extremely drunk, vomiting and hating yourself the next day.

cobl04 01-03-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 8128739)
I enjoy the taste of wine, beer, liquor, and cocktails, as well as the warm sense of well-being and allievement of many kinds of anxiety that accompanies a few drinks. I tend to overthink existence itself, so I appreciate the mini-vacation. This is why I like to have several beers at a U2 show -- keeps me from over analyzing every possible artistic choice and lets me actually enjoy the show.

A head full of steam is worth it, a hangover is not. Moderation and good judgment.

:up::up::up:

I drink more than I should, but that warm sense of well-being and anxiety relief is sometimes too alluring for me.

Irvine511 01-03-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobl04 (Post 8129045)
:up::up::up:



I drink more than I should, but that warm sense of well-being and anxiety relief is sometimes too alluring for me.



We shouldn't be afraid of, or suspicious of, things that give us pleasure.

Obviously alcohol can and does destroy lives, and drinking and driving is unforgivable. But most people are able to drink for taste and pleasure and leave it at that. I'd even say the anxiety relief and social connections are worth the negative health consequences (empty calories, disrupted sleep).

cobl04 01-03-2017 11:33 AM

Honestly, it's really comforting to read that I'm not alone (though neither empty calories nor disrupted sleep are a problem for me).

Dreadsox 02-17-2017 02:20 PM

I like Scotch! Scotchity Scotch Scotch!

And now I am hooked on Cherry Pie.

Oregoropa 02-19-2017 11:57 AM

Family wedding yesterday. Did a double shot of Cuervo right before the ceremony.

I'm more of a marathon runner decided to stick with mostly beer. Over 12 hours got tuned up to a measure of ~17 Yuenglings. A couple rum and cokes in there as well.

Glad I have nothing on my plate today.

Bluer White 02-19-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregoropa (Post 8145003)
Family wedding yesterday. Did a double shot of Cuervo right before the ceremony.

I'm more of a marathon runner decided to stick with mostly beer. Yuenglings.

Veteran move :up:

U2inUtah 03-24-2017 06:31 PM

Utah is about to become the first state to lower the legal BAC level from .08 to .05 which I guess matches a number of European countries.

Your thoughts?

LuckyNumber7 03-24-2017 07:18 PM

Good. Being drunk isn't illegal. Driving drunk is lame. Stop trying to beat the system. Stop thinking you're better than the law. Stop thinking you can "handle it." So many people have a chip on their shoulder to be manly or whatever about how much alcohol makes them "drunk." Most people of average weight are impaired enough to be a liability on the road after drinking more than two drinks.

Moonlit_Angel 03-25-2017 12:20 PM

Posted in wrong thread.

prbiker15 03-25-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 (Post 8151258)
Good. Being drunk isn't illegal. Driving drunk is lame. Stop trying to beat the system. Stop thinking you're better than the law. Stop thinking you can "handle it." So many people have a chip on their shoulder to be manly or whatever about how much alcohol makes them "drunk." Most people of average weight are impaired enough to be a liability on the road after drinking more than two drinks.

Well said.

IWasBored 03-29-2017 11:44 PM

Mofo informed me that Colorado has a fine selection of delicious local craft beers. He was not wrong. The Breckinridge Vanilla Porter he recommended is quite tasty. But Left Hand Brewing Co's Milk Stout nitro blows it out of the water. As someone who swore off stouts quite some time ago, it's so good. So smooth, pretty much zero of that bitter metallic stout after taste, almost a little chocolatey yet not as heavy as some chocolate stouts tend to be.

Diemen 03-30-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IWasBored (Post 8152313)
Left Hand Brewing Co's Milk Stout

:drool:

LuckyNumber7 03-30-2017 03:55 PM

I've been drinking limoncello for dayz while I'm in Italy.

iron yuppie 07-02-2017 11:34 AM

I knew Utah was strict about alcohol, but I had never imagined something as bizarre as these "Zion curtains":

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...tah-liquor-law

IWasBored 07-03-2017 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron yuppie (Post 8181280)
I knew Utah was strict about alcohol, but I had never imagined something as bizarre as these "Zion curtains":

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...tah-liquor-law


Bizarre indeed. Also, I don't know how I feel about oysters in Utah. That sounds way riskier than letting your kid see a bartender.

Hewson 07-03-2017 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IWasBored (Post 8181406)
Bizarre indeed. Also, I don't know how I feel about oysters in Utah. That sounds way riskier than letting your kid see a bartender.

Maybe they mean Rocky Mountain oysters.

:yuck:

cobl04 07-03-2017 07:18 AM

I fucking love oysters.

IWasBored 07-04-2017 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewson (Post 8181410)
Maybe they mean Rocky Mountain oysters.



:yuck:


Noooooooooooo. No.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com