U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f200/)
-   -   THE MOST SMASHED POST EVER? (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f200/the-most-smashed-post-ever-189781.html)

gvox 09-19-2008 01:28 PM

THE MOST SMASHED POST EVER?

Guys, I think I broke a new record for the single most ridiculously drunk/high/whatever post anyone has ever posted. Here's how ridiculous it is, I HONESTLY SWEAR ON MY LIFE DO NOT recall a. being on line then b. being concious then and c. typing any posts on interference.

Seriously, this is a fucking hoot. I should get an award or something:

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - The Temple Bar.....Let's point and laugh at BoMac's illiteracy....MUYFA!

I woke up at 4 PM yesterday.

That's pretty fucking scary.

gvox 09-19-2008 01:52 PM

oh wait - this one is in close contention, but i remember it vaguely:

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - What U2 album was drug influenced?

holy fuckin :drunk:!!!!

corianderstem 09-19-2008 02:01 PM

Aren't you a little old for the whole "OMG I was sooooooooooooooo drunk last night" thing? ;)

Call me old, cranky, and/or lame ( :kiss: ), but I don't get the whole drunk posting thing. Yeah, it happens. Sometimes it's funny when it happens.

But now it's like a big trend or something. Nothing against people who do it, because hey, I like to drink too, but I don't want to read about it. You like it? Great, good for you.

Different strokes for different folks and all. :)

The Sad Punk 09-19-2008 02:06 PM

I can certainly understand where you're coming from, Cori, and I do share the feelings, but sometimes it can be a good laugh. Furthermore, I guess it's part of a certain culture here. And hey, if it's the person's choice and it's not causing too much problems, and other people get a kick out of it, then it's a by all means thing.

Now - I'm afraid to say to you that I've seen far, far worse, Gabe.

corianderstem 09-19-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sad Punk (Post 5472477)
I can understand where you're coming from, Cori, but sometimes it can be a good laugh.

Yes, sometimes it can.

I will state for the record that when I've been tipsy and posted here, I am still anal retentive enough to fix my spelling errors. :shh:

The Sad Punk 09-19-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corianderstem (Post 5472479)
Yes, sometimes it can.

I will state for the record that when I've been tipsy and posted here, I am still anal retentive enough to fix my spelling errors. :shh:

I like to go for a no backspace rule, myself.

gvox 09-19-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corianderstem (Post 5472466)
Call me old, cranky, and/or lame ( :kiss: ), but I don't get the whole drunk posting thing. Yeah, it happens. Sometimes it's funny when it happens.

The only funny thing about it, however a bit scary, is that I don't remember a thing! :yikes:

corianderstem 09-19-2008 02:24 PM

:uhoh:

LarryMullen's POPAngel 09-19-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Aren't you a little old for the whole "OMG I was sooooooooooooooo drunk last night" thing? ;)

But now it's like a big trend or something. Nothing against people who do it, because hey, I like to drink too, but I don't want to read about it. You like it? Great, good for you.

:love:

snowbunny00774 09-19-2008 02:40 PM

K&P :cute:

Zoots 09-19-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Nothing against people who do it, because hey, I like to drink too, but I don't want to read about it. You like it? Great, good for you.

Then you could have just not replied to this thread and stopped reading it once you knew what it was about.

LarryMullen's POPAngel 09-19-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zootlesque (Post 5472549)
Then you could have just not replied to this thread and stopped reading it once you knew what it was about.

I think that's against everything the internet stands for, or something. ;)

Carek1230 09-19-2008 03:02 PM

Drunk dialing is funnier!:lol:

corianderstem 09-19-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zootlesque (Post 5472549)

Really though, I was just going to reply to Gabe specifically with my initial comment, but then I thought "what the hell" and put my general opinion out there about drunk posting just for the sake of drunk posting.

And now that my opinion has been put out into the world, I think the world is a better place.

;)

RedRocksU2 09-19-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corianderstem (Post 5472630)
And now that my opinion has been put out into the world, I think the world is a better place.

I should make this quote my signature :hmm:

beegee 09-19-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel (Post 5472501)

corianderstem 09-19-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocksU2 (Post 5472742)
I should make this quote my signature.

:cute:

UberBeaver 09-19-2008 04:15 PM

Since we have the imbedded video feature now, I'm not going to consider a post "drunk" or "smashed" until I see video proof. Cause anyone can go, "HOL FUKY WOWWW!!! I M SOOE DRUNKEE ND WASTDD' NO#W!!!"

So sorry Gabe, you get an A for effort, but honestly, I just don't buy it. I'm pretty sure you had a sound plan to post, then wait approx 24 hours with the follow up for effect, but until I see you on the floor like the Hoff and his cheeseburger, I give the original post 2.5 / 10.

LMP 09-19-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Crarky, I'm with you on this one.

It's like getting smashed and having it on tape, except it's on the Internet, in print, where anyone can see it, you know? I'm against the idea as well, but it's a personal preference and I don't have anything against anyone for doing that.

corianderstem 09-19-2008 04:37 PM

Crarky is a nickname which just doesn't roll off the tongue, you know? While it is an apt nickname, it's so clumsy.

It's almost like "crikey," but then that might make me the Crocodile Hunter or something.

BAW 09-19-2008 04:56 PM

Add me to the cranky/old/lame category, but what happened to the days of drunk posting and actually being embarrased about it the next day, hoping it would all just go away?

:shrug:

k...back to my rocking chair and knitting needles :wave:

GirlsAloudFan 09-19-2008 05:03 PM

The drunk posting "wbfuewbavbewbvpaewa" massive-typos thing is stupid.

I'm more drunk right now than the original poster has ever been in his entire life and I can guarantee you that there are no typos in this sentence.

Or this one.

There probably aren't any typos in the sentence I'm typing right now, either.

corianderstem 09-19-2008 05:07 PM

There aren't any. I'm very proud of you, my young friend.

zuropa_fit 09-19-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

It would be sorta funny if Cori was drunk when writing this. Just a thought.

Sicy 09-19-2008 06:08 PM

Drunk posting is silly and usually over exaggerated. I guess I'm in the old crabby folks category.

Mrs. Garrison 09-19-2008 06:16 PM

What? Back in the day, i was the king of drunk posting.

<-----but not anymore :sexywink:

gvox 09-19-2008 06:18 PM

What you guys dont understand is that I wouldn't do this for attention or to join some faddish 'posting while drunk' thing. Many times I drink and post in the temple bar, y'all know that. Plus, there were entire paragraphs, with what appears to be some sort actual rhyme or reason happening.

This was something way crazier. I actually missed all of yesterday. It was a bit embarrassing talking to people today about Friday plans while still thinking it was Thursday.

The only reason I thought this was funny was because I saw it in a quote and thought someone deliberately fucked with what I originally wrote. Then I read what I originally wrote. :lol:

joyfulgirl 09-19-2008 06:36 PM

Maybe you shouldn't drink? :silent:

coolian2 09-19-2008 06:47 PM

Getting drunk for the sake of posting drunk is pretty sad.

Getting drunk and posting drunk with the two not being connected is fine.

coolian2 09-19-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corianderstem (Post 5472630)

You know what I like about you the most? Your modesty.

WildHoneyAlways 09-19-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corianderstem (Post 5472989)
There aren't any. I'm very proud of you, my young friend.

Look at that English BA in action! :love:

Dalton 09-19-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sicy (Post 5473249)
Drunk posting is silly and usually over exaggerated. I guess I'm in the old crabby folks category.

No kidding. I rarely post on here when I am not drinking.

Headache in a Suitcase 09-19-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carek1230 (Post 5472585)
Drunk dialing is funnier!:lol:

forget drunk dialing... drunk texting is much easier and can create so many more issues.

Moser 09-19-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvox (Post 5472369)
Guys, I think I broke a new record for the single most ridiculously drunk/high/whatever post anyone has ever posted. Here's how ridiculous it is, I HONESTLY SWEAR ON MY LIFE DO NOT recall a. being on line then b. being concious then and c. typing any posts on interference.

Seriously, this is a fucking hoot. I should get an award or something:

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - The Temple Bar.....Let's point and laugh at BoMac's illiteracy....MUYFA!

I woke up at 4 PM yesterday.

That's pretty fucking scary.

Why the hell are you on the Internet (better yet Interference?) when drunk? :huh:

No spoken words 09-19-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolian2 (Post 5473568)
You know what I like about you the most? Your modesty.

You know what I like about you the most? Your absence.

LemonMelon 09-19-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolian2 (Post 5473557)
Getting drunk for the sake of posting drunk is pretty sad.

Getting drunk and posting drunk with the two not being connected is fine.

Indeed. But it's still not exactly something to be proud of. Honestly, if Gabe was truly embarrassed by his post, wouldn't he avoid pointing it out to the entire forum? Unless he's a glutton for punishment, of course, which is a very strong possibility.

coolian2 09-19-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonMelon (Post 5474632)
Indeed. But it's still not exactly something to be proud of. Honestly, if Gabe was truly embarrassed by his post, wouldn't he avoid pointing it out to the entire forum? Unless he's a glutton for punishment, of course, which is a very strong possibility.

You're right on all counts.

coolian2 09-19-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No spoken words (Post 5474616)
You know what I like about you the most? Your absence.

Right back at you.

Dalton 09-19-2008 09:49 PM

Ian, my dick is in your ear.

gvox 09-19-2008 09:59 PM

Guys,

I'm not embarrassed in the least bit. I didn't light into anyone or insult anyone or say anything about anyone that I wish I hadn't. I'm finding it funny that I could actually be so smashed that I could turn on my computer, navigate into here and post the insanity I did. And not remember a single thing of it. I didn't post for the sake of posting drunk, I was so drunk that I did something random. Like post gibberish. I could have ran out in the street covered in shaving creme, and you know what? That would have been equally fucking hilarous.

It's not embarrassing, attention-seeking, or gluttony for punishment, IT'S FUCKING HILARIOUS. And I'm laughing at MYSELF. So of course I don't care if everyone else knows or if I pointed it out, IT'S FUNNY!

Guess not too many people can't laugh at themselves when they do something incredibly funny. :shrug:

LMP 09-19-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase (Post 5473826)
forget drunk dialing... drunk texting is much easier and can create so many more issues.

That made up a whole episode of the new 90210 show, too, so there's that.

coolian2 09-19-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalton (Post 5474698)
Ian, my dick is in your ear.

I didn't even notice it.

LMP 09-19-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvox (Post 5474734)
Guys,

I'm not embarrassed in the least bit. I didn't light into anyone or insult anyone or say anything about anyone that I wish I hadn't. I'm finding it funny that I could actually be so smashed that I could turn on my computer, navigate into here and post the insanity I did. And not remember a single thing of it. I didn't post for the sake of posting drunk, I was so drunk that I did something random. Like post gibberish. I could have ran out in the street covered in shaving creme, and you know what? That would have been equally fucking hilarous.

It's not embarrassing, attention-seeking, or gluttony for punishment, IT'S FUCKING HILARIOUS. And I'm laughing at MYSELF. So of course I don't care if everyone else knows or if I pointed it out, IT'S FUNNY!

Guess not too many people can't laugh at themselves when they do something incredibly funny. :shrug:

Maybe people have different senses of humor, not sure about that. As one of the sexy people, I'm inclined to agree with that point.

LemonMelon 09-19-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

IT'S FUCKING HILARIOUS.

This is highly debatable.

Quote:

Even if there wasn't a double negative involved, I still wouldn't buy this statement at all.

Zoots 09-19-2008 10:59 PM

What's going on here? Obviously Gabe was just having a little fun recalling his drunk post. I doubt he was trying to be an attention whore. :shrug:

coolian2 09-19-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Now that's funny.

unico 09-19-2008 11:10 PM

so i'm trying to get the big idea here. drunk posting is uncool, but posting drunk pictures of yourself is cool?

UberBeaver 09-19-2008 11:10 PM

You know what I've learned from all this? That I really want to try colaznapan.

LMP 09-19-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unico (Post 5474903)
so i'm trying to get the big idea here. drunk posting is uncool, but posting drunk pictures of yourself is cool?

And drunk dialing and drunk texting.

Streaking hasn't been mentioned either, which is shame.

No spoken words 09-19-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zootlesque (Post 5474877)
What's going on here? Obviously Gabe was just having a little fun recalling his drunk post. I doubt he was trying to be an attention whore. :shrug:

Uh-oh everyone, the police have arrived.