U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/is-palin-failin-or-omg-mccain-wins-with-palin-pt-3-a-189735.html)

yolland 09-17-2008 04:50 PM

Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

Please continue discussion here.

Due to the overly contentious nature of the last several pages of pt. 2, I'm not carrying any posts over this time.

Tiger Edge 09-17-2008 04:55 PM

Aww, no mention of her hockey-mom-ness in the title? You have to at least mention that one! It's her biggest qualification yet!

Zoots 09-17-2008 04:58 PM

What's the point of arguing about these people??? None of you are gonna be able to change anybody else's mind. Nobody's gonna be like "Oh what you're saying makes sense, I'll vote for Obama instead" or "Oh what you're saying makes sense, I'll vote for McCain instead". People are gonna keep defending their positions and whoever is gonna win is gonna win anyway regardless of these pointless discussions. :down:

Diemen 09-17-2008 05:00 PM

You clearly don't understand FYM, Zoots. :wink:

Lila64 09-17-2008 05:15 PM

:lol:

phillyfan26 09-17-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zootlesque (Post 5466971)
What's the point of arguing about these people??? None of you are gonna be able to change anybody else's mind. Nobody's gonna be like "Oh what you're saying makes sense, I'll vote for Obama instead" or "Oh what you're saying makes sense, I'll vote for McCain instead". People are gonna keep defending their positions and whoever is gonna win is gonna win anyway regardless of these pointless discussions. :down:

There are undecided voters in this forum who may every well read these discussions. But for the most part, it is a merry-go-round, as NSW has put it bluntly (whether quoting him is credible or not).

corianderstem 09-17-2008 05:40 PM

I can't imagine an undecided voter here on Interference making a decision based on the back and forth bickering and nitpicking that happens here.

If someone is trying to make a decision based on these threads ... then jebus help them.

Se7en 09-17-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillyfan26 (Post 5467020)
There are undecided voters in this forum who may every well read these discussions.

i'm fairly confident that they stopped reading weeks ago. :laugh:

U2Fanatic4ever 09-17-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corianderstem (Post 5467079)
I can't imagine an undecided voter here on Interference making a decision based on the back and forth bickering and nitpicking that happens here.

If someone is trying to make a decision based on these threads ... then jebus help them.

more like baby jebus..:D

and don't make him cry either.. :grumpy:

phillyfan26 09-17-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corianderstem (Post 5467079)

Oh no, I don't mean the arguments, I mean the continual news updates that go on, the posted articles and whatnot.

If people were voting based on an Irvine-STING debate, I'd be shocked.

maycocksean 09-18-2008 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zootlesque (Post 5466971)

I don't think this is entirely true.

I've changed my views on various issues in part becaue of reasonable arguments that were made on this forum.

Not everyone in FYM is Sting.

Zoots 09-18-2008 05:05 PM

Palin excitement levels off as Democrats regain lead - CNN.com

:applaud:

Harry Vest 09-18-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zootlesque (Post 5469558)

Don't get overly excited yet. These "polls" tend to swing back and forth until election day. I wouldn't put too much faith in them - especially thinking Obama's got it and then some folks not bothering to vote. Everyone thought John Kerry was going to beat Bush in 04.

The way the media is playing this saying stuff like the "Palin excitement is leveling off" has nothing to do with the facts. It's the Wall Street collapse that's giving the Dems the edge right now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Zoots 09-18-2008 05:12 PM

You can never tell with the American public! :|

BVS 09-18-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Vest (Post 5469573)
Don't get overly excited yet. These "polls" tend to swing back and forth until election day. I wouldn't put too much faith in them

Trying to have it both ways aren't you? You used polls to "prove" your point at the beggining of Palin's bounce, now it's don't put too much faith in polls. Wow, at least you're entertaining...

Quote:

The way the media is playing this saying stuff like the "Palin excitement is leveling off" has nothing to do with the facts. It's the Wall Street collapse that's giving the Dems the edge right now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nothing to do with the facts? How are you so knowledgable about everyone's thought process to know that Palin has nothing to do with this?

Irvine511 09-18-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Everyone thought John Kerry was going to beat Bush in 04.

no, actually, no one thought that. Kerry was slightly behind in all the polls right up until election day.

Quote:

the facts are that, yes, the economy plays into Democratic strengths because they aren't the party that's deregulated the system to the point where it has collapsed. you're ignoring the fact that Palin's unfavorables are rising and her favorable ratings are plummeting. her Gibson interview did not go over well, and her background is becoming a liability.

so it's important to take a whole spectrum of events into account when you look at shifting polls.

anitram 09-18-2008 05:29 PM

The Palin levelling off was already beginning last week before the Wall St. clusterfuck.

hiphop 09-18-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar (Post 5469602)
Trying to have it both ways aren't you? You used polls to "prove" your point at the beggining of Palin's bounce, now it's don't put too much faith in polls. Wow, at least you're entertaining...

well he meant to say
polls don´t mean much when certain decision makers can easily manipulate the software that counts the votes

Harry Vest 09-18-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 5469603)
no, actually, no one thought that. Kerry was slightly behind in all the polls right up until election day.

the facts are that, yes, the economy plays into Democratic strengths because they aren't the party that's deregulated the system to the point where it has collapsed. you're ignoring the fact that Palin's unfavorables are rising and her favorable ratings are plummeting. her Gibson interview did not go over well, and her background is becoming a liability.

so it's important to take a whole spectrum of events into account when you look at shifting polls.

No sir, actually most people thought Kerry was going to win. You're wrong...again. A friend of mine who has worked for the Democrats for years was a volunteer for John Kerry in 2004 and even as the election results were coming in on election night he was with hundreds of Kerry supporters and every single one of them thought Kerry was going to win - not by much mind you - but that yes, he was going to win. I'll never forget the tone of his voice over the phone when it was announced that indeed Bush was re-elected. Pure heartbreak.

U2DMfan 09-18-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

It's the Wall Street collapse that's giving the Dems the edge right now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Obama's rebound is mostly due to his fighting the fuck back rather than take the "I'm not going to dignify this..." position.

and yes, when the economy tanks, Dems will gain.

I notice the US embassy attack didn't have much of an effect either.

I'm surprised the Reps didn't try and scare some voters.