U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Gavin Friday - 'I want to live' (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/gavin-friday-i-want-to-live-184574.html)

financeguy 02-25-2008 10:10 PM

Gavin Friday - 'I want to live'
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rPzx...eature=related

One of the last great romantic songs:-

Quote:

"When I look into your sad blue eyes, they whisper,
Love's been and gone...
It's the end of the line, we're wasting our time
I kiss you goodbye, now I can't believe I ever said that
I would die for you, your eyes do more than kill...
I want to live.

All's forgiven, so all's forgotten, I'm empty inside,
What I'm trying to say since you went away, I live a lie.
I drink all day I'm never sober just to ease the pain,
These lies do more than kill...

I want to live... I want to live...

Like a ghost in my head you keep haunting me
Every promise we made, every word you said
I can't live without you!
Baby baby, when lovin' we were hiding
When lying we were brave.
Baby baby, I can't live without you
All I need is you.
I want to live. "

Zoobaby14 02-26-2008 01:11 AM

Its a great song, one of my fave from Gavin.

The album is quite good as well.

BVS 02-26-2008 01:41 AM

Last great romantic songs? Not sure about that, but a great song. I always felt Gavin could have been much better, to me he's always been on the verge of greatness... I think if he had a talented band instead of Maurice Seezer he could have done so much more. Maurice is mad talented, but kind of one dimensional compared to Friday.

LarryMullen's POPAngel 02-26-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I always felt Gavin could have been much better, to me he's always been on the verge of greatness... I think if he had a talented band instead of Maurice Seezer he could have done so much more. Maurice is mad talented, but kind of one dimensional compared to Friday.
:up:

Shag Tobacco is a gorgeous album, but I completely agree. There has always been something just off the mark when it comes to him.

partygirl43 02-27-2008 09:36 AM

My fave is 'You, Me and WW 3' from Shag Tobacco, there's something about it that makes me want to run around in darkend allys, during a moon lit rainstorm--like some sort of French Spy film . :)

Gav---put out a new CD already!!!

Bonochick 02-27-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel


:up:

Shag Tobacco is a gorgeous album, but I completely agree. There has always been something just off the mark when it comes to him.

That CD always reminds me of you, as you turned me on to it. Great stuff. :)

LarryMullen's POPAngel 02-27-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bonochick


That CD always reminds me of you, as you turned me on to it. Great stuff. :)

:hi5:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com