U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Tin Man (https://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/tin-man-180562.html)

UberBeaver 12-03-2007 01:18 PM

I wanted to watch this, but I forgot about it. Is it that bad?

Diemen 12-03-2007 02:30 PM

Yeah, it's pretty cheesy.

Mr. Green Eyes 12-03-2007 02:32 PM

It's on again tonight at 9. I liked it, sure there it was modernalized version of the book and not really anything like the classic movie, but it was still good in my book.

martha 12-03-2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Green Eyes
I sure there it was modernalized version of the book and not really anything like the classic movie
How much like the book was it really?

Mr. Green Eyes 12-03-2007 08:59 PM

Um.....I never really read the book:reject:, but it said that it based on the book in the opening credits.

lazarus 12-03-2007 10:00 PM

Well the Judy Garland movie bears little resemblance to the source material itself.

The 80's adaptation of Return to Oz is much darker, and closer in tone to the books

BVS 12-03-2007 11:30 PM

Oh this was horrible. How could she do this?

LarryMullen's POPAngel 12-04-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lazarus
Well the Judy Garland movie bears little resemblance to the source material itself.

The 80's adaptation of Return to Oz is much darker, and closer in tone to the books

I remember reading those when I was younger.

Definitely darker. :drool:

lazarus 12-04-2007 10:35 AM

I watched the first half hour and thought they did a good job setting the atmosphere. Nice to see 90210's Claire (Kathleen Robertson) still working, though her henchmen were kind of lame.

Zooey is always a joy to watch, of course. Alan Cumming seems to have dialed it down a bit, which was very welcome. The scene where he meets D.G. reminded me a bit too much of the Ewok scenes from Return of the Jedi, which was not a good thing.

Will be back after I've seen more.

lazarus 12-16-2007 03:12 PM

Alright, I just finished part 2, and it's not THAT bad. It definitely has gotten better as it's played out.

If I never saw part 3 I probably wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but I am curious to see what happens next.

Kathleen Robertson is still pretty hot, and it's been over 10 years since 90210. I think she's doing a great job as the villain here. I'm a little less impressed with Zooey, it pains me to say. I think she may have been a little miscast, and her delivery is often blase in relation to what's going on around here.

Also, can anyone illuminate me as to why this is called "Tin Man"? He's not really the main character. Is that because they thought it would sound cool? I mean, "D.G. in the O.Z." wouldn't have been good, but it would have fit the material better. Maybe "Outer Zone" would have been good, although that sounds too close to a hybrid of The Outer Limits and Twilight Zone...